It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will You Blashpeme to Learn, or Continue Learning to Blaspheme?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

That was an amazing revelation! It makes so much sense. Instead of fearing death because it will come we should accept it because it has already happened. Such a simple concept that has completely went over the heads of the "civilized world". There are so many concepts such as this that we don't even notice but could make our lives much better.

This really has helped me. Everything that's been discussed here has helped no doubt, but that last post gave me some pure motivation. I had heard this before in terms of "Give it all you got because you don't know what tomorrow holds," and other similar sayings but I hadn't taken the time to actually analyze or rationalize it.

Who is the "they" you refer to, the Huichol? Also, while I was reading your post you mentioned death being on the left and behind us. When I read that, the TV drew my attention. I looked to my left and saw Futurama on and the episode was about the death of a pharoah! It was really weird, but I've learned there are no coincidences in life.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

you really want to know something really F-d up?
That WAS YOUR death waiting, the universe nodding , blinking its eye at you, you said it, there aren't consequences at all, we are just too slow to really comprehend some of things that happen right under our noses every day the unexpected happens, everyday forces beyond human control, or comprehension make and unmake everything imaginable...
I wish I could say just kidding, but things become perceptible after one is aware of them
we have a catalog, an inventory of things in some ways bonded with a word, we are led to believe that true comprehension require words, but that is not always the case, words , our inventory, again in some ways define the boundaries of our supposed total perception field.
we only need to acknowledge them we only have to allow ourselves the possibility of...

But words cannot contain the full extent of love or hate, of true fear, or hunger, those are only for the animalistic, the feral part of humanity, the irrational survival/hunter mode mankind fears, but surrenders whenever carnal pleasures are inbound. We know its there, lets literally, tame the beast within!

They plan it real simple, use all of mankind's potential, leave nothing to chaos , because you are chaos, controlled and random chaos, the stuff of dreams and nightmares, the enlightened have always known this, but instead of endorsing the positive aspects they fuel our most primordial with unhealthy doses of self importance and tons of useless poop we believe its made of gold.

anyway, when i say them yes i mean some of them that are special even by their standards, and are as wise and well versed as any top tier intellectual anyone can think of , and in many ways, healthier and for a lack of comparatives, much more powerful.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I actually mention the whole chaos thing in one of my other threads, "Leave the Past! The Time is Now." They keep us consumed with Order and try to keep the Chaos side of us under control, "in the closet" so to speak. The only time we let it out is when they let us. We've been told that order is necessary to keep us human and we believed it. That's why chaos is need to balance out all this order. Once we actually embrace our chaotic sides, sure it'll be Hell for awhile, but what happens afterward will be a much better balance of both.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

there you go, its as simple as that, the knowledge of the ancients, the truth of truths, the ultimate teaching at the temple of Osiris, the secret chants of the cairns of Ireland, the equal balance of the TAO, the mystery of Crowley, the jewel of Zoroastrianism, the essence of the example Krishna gives, the secret of the unblinking enlightened, what Jesus supposedly said to the gnostic in the caves, what the state of Zen actually IS, Robert Anton's Prometheus rising, Don Juan and Genaro, Peter Carroll and the Liber Null explained, freedom, absolute and total freedom to roam the vast flows of eternity.

People have died before for knowing that, society only likes "real" people on the movie screen, we dare not dream.

the thing is doing what one says, meaning what one does, every time, all the time, one of the hardest easiest things in the world!

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Interesting read.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Its amazing what one can do with proper knowledge, and so little that actually gets done., the truth is that alone we came to this world and alone we are leaving it, it seems to be a personal battle, a "for your eyes only" affair, one of the only "real" things we have.

Thing is, we don't want to believe, we have to be convinced, only desperation or need can makes us change, because as long as we are within the cozy confines of our comfort zone, why should we change? the vast majority would rather die quietly in their beds, whilst few would rather die fighting, doing the humanly possible, until the last breath...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I just watched a movie today with my grandpa called "The Limits of Control". Basically, this really cool black dude just travels around on a train the whole movie and doesn't say anything, he's apparently an assassin who goes through different networks. Anyways, I thought of you because of this one part of the movie where a Hispanic guy is talking to him. He says:

Are you into hallucinations? Have you ever tried Peyote? Have you ever heard of the Huichole? They wear mirrors around their necks and play hand-made violins that have one string. A wise man once said, "Everything changes depending on what color the glass is you see it through." Nothing is real. Everything is imagined.

It stuck out to me because of your post. The whole time this dude is just sitting there, quiet. Really weird movie BTW, but very deep.

edit on 3-10-2010 by prepared4truth because: quotated wrong

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hey that's awesome!
I've seen that movie by Jim Jarmush, he is very into the meanings of stuff, and the things we do based on those beliefs, look at most of his work, you'll find some pretty amazing stuff, if a tad slowly for my taste tho... even tho, I like his work!

Some might say he is considered an Invisible, someone who fights with images, someone who would like to see more people semiconscious most of the time..

And since you like graphic novels aka funny books, there are some who have studied and who have been told similar things, i will highly recommend to you several works by several authors that are also fighting.

#1 Alan Moore "From Hell", 1963, Watchmen (obviously), Killing Joke, What ever happened to the man of tomorrow?, Tom Strong, Top Ten.
Those were designed to really loosen up your mindset, and help create new connections in the avenues of perception! magic as powerful and ancient as any other!

#2 Grant Morrison The Invisibles, The Filth, Flex Mentallo, All star Superman, Animal Man, these sometimes were written in truly altered States, and will move your perception point around, the mindset is shaken to the core.

there are many more of course, but those are very special...

Its the greatest thing when one starts to become aware of the connections, of how some people knowing or unknowingly get some constants across the board, we have to move the pieces ourselves, no one can force us to walk the middle path, but some can lead the way!

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Ok, I get where you are going with the personality/ego side of things here and have to say I agree with you on that. Many of us do view ourselves as the world describes us, but those of us who have come to recognize who we really are can recognize the difference between what we wish we were, who we actually are, and who the world sees us as being. I know you got into much more detail than that, but there is my dumbed-down version.

I have to say though that I find the title for your thread somewhat odd, and would have to say that some of your comments would actually be considered blasphemy. I mean, calling God and Satan one and the same is definitely a no-no. Lucifer, a name that I don't even bother with anymore, isn't the issue. It's the title of the Bright Morning Star as you mentioned. Many have claimed the verse in Isaiah (Isaiah 14:12) is referring to Satan. Most Biblical scholars have now accepted that it is referring to the judgment against the monarch of Babylon or Babylon itself. It is being judged and has fallen from its former glory to being a symbol of judgment itself.

When Jesus refers to himself as the Morning Star in Revelation 22:16, it is better understood as he is the harbinger of a new day of Salvation, leaving the old ways behind. Using the Morning Star reference does not present an adequate argument for them being the same. Also, I can find nowhere that Satan was considered to be the Bearer of Light. He was once an angel, but was the Accuser. He was the one that held God's creation up to the test to see if they were truly Holy. He saw weakness in man and exploited it, lifting himself higher. He was Proud.

I think part of your problem with the Christian metaphor/symbolism (almost said symbology :-P) is that you are basing it off of symbols representing symbols and choosing definitions for those symbols. The symbolic meaning you have read into the text goes completely against the literal reading of the text.

Anyway, I do appreciate the work and thought you put into the self-awareness/identification side of things, but couldn't remain silent about the blasphemy side of things.

Have a good one.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Thank you. Well-received input. Glad you actually read and understood the message. However, Lucifer and Satan are not the same. Lucifer is considered the bringer of light.

Either way, this is not my base of evidence for saying that God and Satan are the same. It's just a Biblical reference to the concept, the same as with the human psyche and all that.

I've found this idea represented in many religions and occult stories, hidden behind the symbolism which is why I tried to break it down a bit.

The base is in another post of mine called Infinity Cannot Be Proven Using a Finite Set of Evidence. Here I discuss how if God is infinite, this means that he is everything within this universe. Satan, our bad deeds, everything that has been considered "opposite" of God throughout Christianity's history would actually be a part of God. If he is infinite, nothing can be separate from him. That would make him not-infinite. See what I mean?

So yes, this idea would be considered "blasphemous" by most people, when in reality it's not. People's perceptions have just been misconstrued. That's what happens when for centuries, people read the Bible to you and have the privilege of selecting passages which make you want to tithe, or make you want to get angry, or whatever emotion they want you to display. When we finally had the ability to print and read our own versions of the Bible, our mindsets had already been misconstrued, unwanted texts had been thrown out, and many people did not use logic to deduce things they accepted as true.
edit on 5-11-2010 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I guess my question than comes to wondering where Lucifer and his being the Bringer of Light or Light Bearer ever presents itself in scripture. The only translation that I am even aware of using Lucifer as a name is the King James translation and then it is only in Isaiah. I've found no other reference to the name at all.

Anyway, I kinda feel like this is off the main purpose of your thread so I'll leave it at that, but if you could let me know where you are getting that information from I would appreciate it. I admit I am relatively unfamiliar with the majority of the apocrypha.

Later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join