It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican and the Pope's astronomer: Intelligent aliens are God's children

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

I believe that if someone is going to "claim" representation of some invisible and perfect god in the clouds above us, then that person or organization better be squeaky clean to get any respect. Those folks couldnt be any FILTHIER as is the case with EVERY organized religion on earth.

And what I 'believe' in, well, I beleive in things like myself and those whom I personally trust. Simple as that!!! In other words, that means NO IMAGINARY FRIENDS, and NO ORGANIZED DEVILS from organized religion.

Very simple, YES??!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

First this info is old news.

www.iht.com...

Vatican astronomer cites possibility of extraterrestrial 'brothers'
Reuters -Published: May 14, 2008

Every TOP Organisation on Earth is keeping the possibility of ET life open since several years.

Disclosure will come but it will be fragmentated, like bits and pieces coming out from various groups and who have various plans / ideas about Earth's future.

Make your Future plans. Manifest your Pure Intentions. Keep close to yourself and your own discoveries instead of following a leader of whatever group.

Namaste!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think the "created in God's image" bit refers not to our exterior, physical aspect but to our soul. In the original greek bible, "image" is refered to as logos. That is to say, "word", "reason". Hence, the opening statement of the bible: "In the beginning there was the Word" (i.e. in the beginning, there was logos.)

Summing up, we all have "logos". We all have soul. We all are created in God's logos. Our soul is created after God's image/logos.

Thanks for that, yep that is pretty much what I figure the Vatican will eventually say. Reason = intelligence, hence certainly Mr Alien you may join our church.

I wonder, I was talking about this with a couple of friends last night, my mate Steve suggested that Aliens would be more spiritually advanced. He places much of space travel, communication abilities, knowledge and thought in the realms of “spiritual” (I don’t necessarily disagree with him). I replied with superior technology offering all these abilities without the need for spiritual evolvement, perhaps it is we that are growing in spirit. We reached agreement by stating that humans are likely more religious.

So I wonder “do aliens have a religion” and I guess it gets down to definition, they will have a good idea of how things began. All those communicators out their, ask them do you think there is a creator?

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
**waiting for some skeptic to say this announcement means nothing**

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by primetime2123

he didnt make an "announcement" he was asked a series of questions and answered them. I know that doesnt fit your theory the vatican is preparing people for disclosure but its the truth.

The vaticans scholars dont fear the discovery of life elsewhere they expect it. They know they cant get away with denying scientific findings and the discovery of life elswehere will probably happen within 50 years. Maybe microbes in our solar system or habitable planets around other stars.

What he said is not new the church has said for a few decades that if aliens exist God created them too.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
So which Aliens are Angels and which Aliens
are demons ????

Pleidians = God's Angels

Reptilians = Demons

would this be a valid assumption?

Your answer lies in this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It is pretty much up to the superpower of yeste-ryears to imagine that we are all going to be confronted with "spiritual beings". I wonder what kind of information sits untapped by humanity and robbed from us in their vaults. they burned down the library of Alexandria, the most ancient collection of texts. They were probably pissed about the polytheism/knowledge that existed in those texts. I am not buying that someone was pisseed at Cleopatra. They know more then the common populace and always will, hence the power of knowledge. I would guess that since we are moving away from pisces and the age of Christ and into a new age, that some of that knowledge may be imparted upon us. We are the common populace and perhaps we should appreciate any hints we get at any ancient secrets/doctrines, no matter how absurd or real.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Before his death in 1999, maverick Catholic theologian Father Malachi Martin hinted at such more than once. In 1997, while on Coast to Coast AM radio, Art Bell asked him why the Vatican was heavily invested in the study of deep space at Mt Graham Observatory in southeastern Arizona. As a retired professor of the Pontifical Biblical Institute, Father Martin was uniquely qualified to hold in secret, information pertaining to the Vatican's Advanced Technology Telescope (VATT) project at the Mount Graham International Observatory (MGIO). Martin's answer ignited a firestorm of interest among Christian and secular UFOlogists when he said, "Because the mentality... amongst those who [are] at the... highest levels of Vatican administration and geopolitics, know that, now, knowledge of what's going on in space, and what's approaching us, could be of great import in the next five years, ten years."

Those cryptic words "...what's approaching us, could be of great import in the next five years, ten years," was followed in subsequent interviews with discussion of a mysterious "sign in the sky" that Malachi believed was approaching from the North. People familiar with Malachi believe he may have been referring to a near-future arrival of alien intelligence.

Link

The Vatican, if there is a conspiracy regarding intelligent life, probably know about it. Will we get disclosure? depends what you believe it will involve. If the religious classes open up, and became rather liberal, on the discussion and involvement in allege alien contact then we are living in interesting times.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
To add to the post above, here are some thoughts in my own words since I have the interview on my computer and have listened to it several times and analyzed it:

During the 1997 interview with Art Bell, former Jesuit and advisor to the Pope, Dr. Malachi Martin said that any extraterrestrials would automatically be seen as demonic and this was the view of the church. He also said that any aliens would have been from the original creation of the universe or rather the pre-human universe. According to Malachi Martin, the aliens are from the "middle plateau" which are left over reminents of the old and original universe created by God's hand but now which is where Lucifer reigns(hell).

As you know, Malachi was pushed down stairs shortly after this interview, so I think it lends credence to the fact that he was talking too much and needed to be shut up. I would recommend listening to this interview on Youtube as there is some interesting information in there that you will not hear anywhere else. The man advised three popes and had been inside the deepest parts of the Vatican, including the secret archives. I wish others so inside the church would speak up about more of these secrets. Malachi paid the ultimate price but he did the right thing getting the info out.

As to why the Church would now say that aliens are our brothers? Malachi would always say that the Third Secret of Fatima was that Satan had entered the Church and had taken it over. So perhaps this is why the change of opinion.

edit on 18-9-2010 by Jdawg9909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I would personally welcome Aliens with open arms, provided they do not mean ANY of our Creator's children any harm.

But should they or even our own species seek to destroy innocent Creator gifted lives, then they are animals to be hunted down, for brothers and sisters do not kill one another, regardless if they look like us or are eight tentacled beings capable of inter stellar space travel intelligence and civilisation.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

and to further clarify a point

if Aliens are God's creation of Angels

then there are ALSO DEMONS TOO !!!!

are demons ????

Pleidians = God's Angels

Reptilians = Demons

would this be a valid assumption?

Yes, that would sum it up pretty good, in my own considered opinion. I have heard that the Vatican has their own Hubble Telescope, but only a rumor, nothing solid. Anyone here know anything about this? In any case, in every government, all eyes are on the skies these days, which are strange days indeed. The Pleiadians are a good people, at least the ones I know of, have read about, and dreamed about. The Reptilians are another matter. Ever meet a crocodile? Would you wish to shake hands with one? Imagine one standing up, 7-9 feet tall. Way back in 1957 I heard my Grandpa and Great uncle discussing that they had seen creatures like this in a coal mine near Van Lear Kentucky. Both were really scared that day, as I remember. I have read of many encounters, and made a thread on Reptilians HERE.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jdawg9909
As to why the Church would now say that aliens are our brothers? Malachi would always say that the Third Secret of Fatima was that Satan had entered the Church and had taken it over. So perhaps this is why the change of opinion.

Not just Malachi, but many others within the Vatican believed John Paul II deliberately perverted or altered the Third Secret of Fatima. It is true, the current child abuse scandal is allege to be mention and the possible Satanic influence within the Vatican.

However, it is true to point out the Third Secret of Fatima (what was released) is completely different in nature than the previous two. Almost does not seem plausible

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by primetime2123

he didnt make an "announcement" he was asked a series of questions and answered them. I know that doesnt fit your theory the vatican is preparing people for disclosure but its the truth.

The vaticans scholars dont fear the discovery of life elsewhere they expect it. They know they cant get away with denying scientific findings and the discovery of life elswehere will probably happen within 50 years. Maybe microbes in our solar system or habitable planets around other stars.

What he said is not new the church has said for a few decades that if aliens exist God created them too.

I am not saying they are preparing for disclosure..it does sound to me like the Vatican knows something about aliens that regular people don't...and this guy didn't refer to anything about microbes..he is referring to aliens the ones with big heads and small bodies

edit on 18-9-2010 by primetime2123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

and to further clarify a point

if Aliens are God's creation of Angels

then there are ALSO DEMONS TOO !!!!

are demons ????

---------------------------------------------------------------

I agree and I somehow think that the Aliens that we may (or will) encounter in the near or distant future are not going to the good ones. I think they are going to be the "fallen angels" or Satans children (bad aliens). They are probably going to come across as being "God's Angels" but that is probably part of their plan of deception.

Just my couple of cents worth.

edit on 9/18/2010 by VernonBC because: Separating original quote from my reply

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Regarding the three Fatima Secrets, you have to add the findings that some researchers have reached, in the sense that this was nothing but a massive UFO encounter, and Our Lady was in fact an extraterrestrial being with time travel and inter stellar travel capacities, warning humans what was "coming our way".

Fast forward to the 21st century and read everywhere, including ATS, about colorful stars moving in the sky. Benjamin Creme's Share International and the whole Maitreya scam have been milking this "star" phenomenon pretty well...

Either way, something indeed is coming our way (if not already here).

Connect all the dots: the recent declassifying the British Defence of has done of X-files, the Vatican's statements on the topic, etc., we ARE being prepared and conditioned for a disclosure of sorts.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by primetime2123
**waiting for some skeptic to say this announcement means nothing**

What announcement?

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This is quite a revolutionary statement coming from the Vatican. They used to burn people at the stake for saying things like that--literally.

I've always thought that the Catholic Church probably knows more about this subject that just about any other institution in the world. After all, it gets reports from everywhere that most intelligence agencies could only dream of, and from very high-up official sources too. I doubt that there's anything going on that it doesn't know about in great detail.

For all I know, they figured out that aliens were here before anyone else.

The attorney Daniel Sheehan once tried to get permission from the Vatican Library to look into its records on aliens and UFOs, which may very well be more extensive than those of any government on earth and go back MUCH further in history. After all, for centuries the priests, bishops and monks were the ones who could read and write---and keep records. They knew more than anyone else.

It goes without saying that Sheehan was denied permission to get into the Vatican Library's UFO collection, although later when he was working on disclosure with the Carter administration, it was actually CIA Director George H.W. Bush who steered them onto something very specific. Bush told them that there were very interesting records in the classified files of the Congressional Research Service and Sheehan was allowed to look at some of them--including pictures of a crashed UFO.

Somehow, Bush knew about those and exactly where they were, but I've always thought that he knew a great deal about UFOs.

edit on 19-9-2010 by witness63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jdawg9909

edit on 18-9-2010 by Jdawg9909 because: (no reason given)

My view on this, after studying the issue a great deal over many years, is that the aliens are neither angels or demons but from a variety of civilizations more advanced than ours. Some of them are human and could walk down any street without getting a second glance--and in fact I think they do. Probably have been for a long time, since they are related to us in some way from the distant past. I am not sure if they originally came from here or if we originally came from out there, but I believe there are human-like aliens all over the place.

I think the governmnet has been cooperating with them in secret for many years and considers them friendlies. Some other aliens are friendlies as well, others neutral and a few hostile, but I would not consider any of them supernatural, merely more technically advanced. I disgree with anyone who tries to make a religion out of the UFO field or uses it for religious purposes.

edit on 19-9-2010 by witness63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If as careful and justly respected a UFO researcher as Stanton Friedman, on hearing the remarks from the Vatican about extraterrestrials, can be moved to say openly, on a nation-wide radio show, that he wonders what the Vatican knows that we don't, and that it appears that they are preparing the faithful for something, I think its time to start taking this idea of preparation for disclosure seriously. Ross

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
If as careful and justly respected a UFO researcher as Stanton Friedman, on hearing the remarks from the Vatican about extraterrestrials, can be moved to say openly, on a nation-wide radio show, that he wonders what the Vatican knows that we don't, and that it appears that they are preparing the faithful for something, I think its time to start taking this idea of preparation for disclosure seriously. Ross

I am thinking the same thing...even Faux news is treating UFOs as a serious matter unlike the usual joke subject they used to treat it as..and the Vatican would scoff at the notion of aliens in the past..something is up IMO

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join