It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Atmospheric Aerosol Injection Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Another Atmospheric Aerosol Injection Plan

wattsupwiththat.com

Scientists at the Carnegie Institution’s Department of Global Ecology have taken a new approach on examining a proposal to fix the warming planet. So-called geoengineering ideas—large-scale projects to change the Earth’s climate—have included erecting giant mirrors in space to reflect solar radiation, injecting aerosols of sulfate into the stratosphere making a global sunshade, and much more. Past modeling of the sulfate idea looked at how the stratospheric aerosols might affect Earth’s climate
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Powerful Coalition That Wants To Engineer The World's Climate

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Is it Geoengineering time or what?
I think they are going to inundate the public with this, and force it on us even if public opinion is against it.

What of the side affects?
What do they really hope to accomplish?

It’s important to stress that geoengineering options can never reverse all of the consequences of greenhouse gas emissions. For example, it doesn’t reverse ocean acidification. And it obviously has associated risk. So geoengineering is not an alternative to greenhouse gas emissions reductions.” said Ban-Weiss.

Carnegie Press Release

wattsupwiththat.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 17-9-2010 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
and how do they intend to get the mirrors up there
if not by chemtrails???

Oh sorry, can't mention that word around Phage
or Maybe, Maybe Not. They'll have a hissy fit.
lol .... since chemtrails don't exist.

Just curious as to how this plan is gonna
be implemented.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It certainly is geoengineering time sadly.

I would go with space mirrors over any particulate spraying myself,although money dictates that the cheaper ideas (spraying)may be tried first in our messy world.

Heres an idea-lets go back to natural mini farms,and cut out the synthetic chemicals involved in food production-that would give the planet a far more sustainable atmospheric outlook than any spraying.

Thats not really what the spraying is for though is it...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Good question...I think I found the answer to that. A few days ago this popped up in the news.
I am practically speechless, though as you can see, I am working on getting over that!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, that is some really scary stuff there.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
It certainly is geoengineering time sadly.

I would go with space mirrors over any particulate spraying myself, although money dictates that the cheaper ideas (spraying)may be tried first in our messy world.

Heres an idea-lets go back to natural mini farms,and cut out the synthetic chemicals involved in food production-that would give the planet a far more sustainable atmospheric outlook than any spraying.

Thats not really what the spraying is for though is it...

Here is a local news article on barium, and other chemicals found after a town had a mysterious amount of "stuff" fall from the sky.

www.ksla.com...

Hard to believe we are having that discussion, huh? Really, as someone said, what goes up must come down.
Space mirrors, that is just the start of it from the looks of things...they are actually experimenting with nano particles now. Now, that is scary.

edit on 17-9-2010 by burntheships because: add link

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Why the hell doesn't man just leave nature to take it's course. All the other planets are warming up... It's a cycle. BUT no, screw us with toxins, taxes, and more taxes!! Dumbasses!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
Why the hell doesn't man just leave nature to take it's course.

Ask the Dinosaurs if letting nature take its own course was in their best interest

NASA NEO monitor... "Hey boss... we have an asteriod on the way to (TortoiseKweek) City... should I activate the lasers?

Boss: Nah let nature take it's course... that place has no value"

edit on 17-9-2010 by zorgon because: because Phage told me too

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon,

So in the case of global climate disturbance...what should we do if it starts getting cold?

Heat the ionosphere?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If they are talking about it like they want to implement it, you can be sure they have secretly been conducting testing and experiments for years. But hey, I thought it was common knowledge on this board that they have been spraying chemicals into the air on a large scale for decades to combat the disruption of the medium-term carbon cycle...

They have been altering the albedo of the Earth for a long time by releasing micro-sized reflective particles into the upper atmosphere. And I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sulfate spraying as well, considering it's overall cooling effect on the climate.

Check this out if you haven't already: Chemtrail Patent

NEXUS

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Like the researcher says, the computer model used by the Carnegie scientists is too simple to use the results for any practical application.

“Of course, this is just one model and it does not include all processes that are important in reality. Our results are illustrative and do not provide a sound basis for making policy decisions.”

As you point out, simply reducing the amount of incoming solar radiation is no solution to greenhouse warming.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Yeah. That KSLA one is pretty funny. A guy leaves some jars outside any takes them in to be analysed. He lives in Stamps, Arkansas which happens to be the home of a refining plant that was shut down because of the contamination it caused.

Numerous distressed vegetative areas have been observed and documented, and in 1996 a fish kill on Badcau Creek was reported and investigated downstream from the facility. The salt cake also contains several metal contaminants including aluminum, arsenic, chromium, barium, copper, cadmium, nickel, lead, and zinc. Although, much less soluble than the chlorides, the metals can pose a concern to the environment is certain situations.

www.adeq.state.ar.us...
From Greeneyedleo:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And that's just one of the things wrong with that "report".

edit on 9/17/2010 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NoEXcUseS

Gee, I kind of wish we could take stars away.
You are make wild leaps of the imagination in your assumptions. There has been nothing done like you claim, or else there would be evidence. Have you seen any tests that support your claims? I'm thinking not.
No one is spraying anything, for any reason, at anytime, any where. They wouldn't need anything but the water, as micro-ice crystals, which is what all contrails are, are very highly reflective and occur naturally with air travel.
Think of the logistics for a moment:
You would need tons of "micro-sized reflective particles" to be delivered. Then you would need tons of a delivery medium to get the stuff where they want it. This would require lots of planes, with lots of people, flying lots of flights from lots of airports using lots of fuel.
And all the people needed to implement this plan have to all be kept in the dark, or sworn to secrecy.....and neither one of those is very likely. It's a plan that is the most labor-intensive, expensive, visible, scattershot method of doing anything. And you think they've been doing this for years? Not even remotely possible in the real world. Logistics don't matter to "chemtrail" theorists, apparently.
And there are 640,000 hits on Google for "stupid patents". A patent is not proof of anything more than someone has an idea and wants to claim ownership, should that idea become real. It does not mean anything is a good idea, would work if tried, or even exists outside the paper it is printed on. It most certainly is NOT an admission of anything. It's a money matter, that is all.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

The KSLA video is a farce and the reporter knows it. It's wrong. I wrote him and asked him myself. It should be apparent to anyone who claims knowledge of the possibility of chemicals in the atmosphere (or anywhere else). It's a very, very large error.
Watch it again closely and see if you can detect the error yourself. I'm thinking you haven't used the "search" because it's been discussed before.
When you find or figure out the error, please think of an answer to these questions:

How can all the "chemtrail" proponents use this video and not acknowledge the error?
Did they see the error and not clarify the situation?
Did they NOT see the error and can't read? (hint, hint)
Do they NOT know enough science to understand the differences?
Are they being dishonest or are they honestly not science literate about a matter that requires science?

I've not had an answer to these questions yet. Usually the matter is dropped and forgotten. But the KSLA report is on every "chemtrail" site I've seen. So....????

edit on 17-9-2010 by stars15k because: to clarify and remove repeated redundancy

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
China has been playing around with the weather and building a very large dam at 3 gorges and it does not seem to have helped the cause much. Last I read there was wide spread drought, water pollution where they have water, and an encroaching desert. Maybe nature takes care of its own better than man ever could.

edit on 17-9-2010 by dcmb1490 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think they should do it provided the process is open to the public, a very significant report is compiled on the effects and possible consequences, and as long as there are no health consequences.

edit on 18/9/2010 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
I think they should do it provided the process is open to the public, a very significant report is compiled on the effects and possible consequences, and as long as there are no health consequences.

edit on 18/9/2010 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

Why do it when contrails do a good enough job themselves?

The ice in them has a high albedo. The only thing that does a better reflection that atmospheric ice, is snow. This became apparent when all the planes were grounded on 9/11. The two days after this, recorded some of the highest diurnal temperature differences for decades. Thats because the ice was trapping the heat in during the night, and reflecting it during the day. With nothing there to stop the heat coming and leaving, the difference between the max an minimum temperatrures increased. You will notice that during cloudy nights, the minimum temperature tends to be higher than clear nights

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
Why the hell doesn't man just leave nature to take it's course.

NASA NEO monitor... "Hey boss... we have an asteriod on the way to (TortoiseKweek) City... should I activate the lasers?

Boss: Nah let nature take it's course... that place has no value"

Zorgon, you're too funny! BTW it's asteroid - NOT asteriod - if it was "a steroid" coming my way, I'd gladly suffer the consequences

edit on 18-9-2010 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

top topics

join