It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nader Watch: The Only Candidate that Matters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
[EDIT: Thread retitled from the sarcastic "Important Announcement for 2004 Election" (and nobody cares) to continue Nader News and Updates]

Considering a vitriolic Nader hater has to post this for the benefit of Nader supporters determined to "vote their conscious" is telling. But someone has to bring up the non Skull & Bones issues...

Nader announces first official Vice Presidential candidate for 2004 election!

It's going to be Nader/Camejo folks.
votenadar.org

Nader recently set the world on fire with the announcement. Peter Miguel Camejo, the 64 year old first generation American of Venezuelan immigrants, financier, businessman, political activist, environmentalist, and former Green party candidate for both Governor of California (he lost) and President (lost again) is exactly the breath of fresh air this tired old two party system needs.

And no worries about any Skull & Bones affiliations. Camejo himself blames Reagen for expelling him from Berkeley due to his participation in a 1969 riot to transform a plot of vacant University-owned land into a "People�s Park" where Reagan sent in 2,200 National Guard soldiers to break up the protestors.
showmenews.com

It's morning again in America. I'm all tingly.

I hope President Bush signs more legislation allowing loggers to drop trees on the electric cars of anyone that votes for these clowns.

[Edited on 24-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Still reeling from Monday's excitement over his announcement to join up with a VP as awe inspiring as a Wal-Mart greeter, Nader headed off to talk over the important minority issues (as he sees it) with the Congressional Black Caucus.
cnn.com

At a closed-door meeting in the basement of the Capitol, lawmakers could be heard shouting at Nader to get out of the race. When the meeting was cut short by a floor vote, several of the members stormed out of the room.

Nader emerged from the confrontation appearing calm but slightly shaken. He described the meeting as "a robust exchange."

He does look invigorated doesn't he?

The Democratic lawmakers that Nader seeks to enchant with his unique spin on practically the exact same platform went so far as to laud the heralded consumer right's activist as an "aider and abettor" of George W. Bush and praised his resolve thusly:

"He made it clear he's going to stay in the race," said Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Maryland, the chairman of the caucus. "It became abundantly clear to us that this is about Ralph Nader, and we were sorely disappointed."

"This is the most historic election of our lifetime, and it is a life or death matter for the vulnerable people we represent." said Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas. "For that reason, we can't sacrifice their vulnerability for the efforts being made by Mr. Nader."

"I told Mr. Nader today that a vote for Ralph Nader is really a vote for George Bush," said Rep. Barbara Lee, D-California.

Don't these people get it? He's not in the Skull & Bones! And it's more important to make a statement about the viability of third parties than disallow George W. Bush the reigns for another four year by splitting the current majority of Americans planning to vote against Bush. I'm sure when Bush wins with another minority vote, all will be forgiven and Nader will be championed as the great statement candidate he truly is. This is not about Nadar. It's about Nadar's terroristic threats to undermine another election lest he not be heard by the Party that continues to reject him. Isn't it obvious? He's helping Bush win for your own good. You'll thank him later. And Camejo. The two most selfless serial election losers to team up since...ever?

[Edited on 23-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Woa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am surprised by my ignorance I do not know anything of this candidate and the first time I saw him in the news he remained me a person from the seventies like a mob. Sorry for the reference.

I had not clue he was from Latino background.

And for Reagan I never liked him, he was not politician, and I am very aware of his policies because he was my husband commander in chief for 8 years and been married to a marine you kind of get involved into the political bs.

What I will never forget is when while living in base housing the discrimination against AIDS victims that happened to be marines started, my husband sat on a panel of a victim that was one of the first marines to be discharge from base housing and the military for having AIDS, all was supposed to be secret and quiet, when were station in Quantico, and I remember the panic in the schools, I was working at the time in for the family services and is thing I will not talk about even know, and the restrictions and when papers were handle to my husband about how to handle marines diagnose with AIDS, the lack of knowledge make even him panic. It was pitiful. To me it was one of the saddest times in this country.

To bad this candidate is an independent, it remained me Perot, I thought he was so funny.

[Edited on 23-6-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Woa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am surprised by my ignorance I do not know anything of this candidate...

He's currently estimated at siphoning 6% of the liberal vote with Kerry and Bush in a dead heat otherwise. Many say he cost Gore the election in 2000. Most predict he will cost Kerry the same in 2004.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It will have been better if he was one of the major candidates, but only white america rule, no offense, to me he looks Italian.

And for Kerry I really think that Bush will not win the elections, Presidents that take the country into conflicts do not do well in re elections.

hnn.us...

this is a good link into war presidents and polls.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
In his continuing effort to render the 2004 election entirely about him, CNN is reporting that Nader is floating a potential "deal" in the Kerry camp.

"Maybe, just maybe if Kerry picks Edwards, I'll drop out."

The world had previously waited with baited breath for Indpendent candidate Nader's list of who Kerry should select as DEMOCRATIC running mate. Well the world had it's answer last month when consumer advocate and election spoiler Nader gave his stamp of approval to Edwards or Gephardt.
USA Today: Nader Suggests Democratic Running Mates for Kerry

And now the plot thickens...is this latest ultimatum (it's Edwards or Bush) from the notorious election terrorist known to some as Darth Nader a real deal or just another ploy to run the Democratic party from the outside?

Only time will tell. If Kerry does indeed bow to the will of the great and noble Nader by selecting Edwards only to have Nader remain in the race almost assuredly handing the election to George W. Bush, then Naders true colors will be revealed.

And the old adage to never negotiate with terrorists will be proven yet again.

God save us voters from our advocate!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I don't quite get it, why post anything about Nader if everyone and their mother hates the man so bad? I guess its our subconscious trying to resist any change to the system that gives us the drive to drag Nader through all the mud and generall urinate on any effort he makes. With all the dislike floating about, its a suprise people care about anything but keeping our system just the way its always been. Too bad Kerry wasnt a better candidate, then the Democrats couldnt whine about Nader getting votes that should be going to the Kerry campaign.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
I don't quite get it, why post anything about Nader if everyone and their mother hates the man so bad?

Because I find the utter lack of interest in him, his platform, his motives or even anything he says or does by the one in twenty Americans planning to "vote their conscious" for Nader laughable.

He's trying to force a fundamental shift in the Democratic party left and is willing to give the right more power in order to press his agenda long term IMO. That's the best thing I can say about him. The only alternative is he's an egomaniac and has no motive or plan other than being a stinker.

If he's so concerned about the viability of third parties why doesn't he join one, or start one? What happened to Green? Running as an "Independent" then concentrating all his efforts and self perceived clout on telling the Dems what to do is a joke.

Other than my update effort I really don't see any wide spread mud slinging at Nader. Nor interest in him from his "supporters".

He really will significantly impact the 2004 election. That's his stated goal. To demonstrate the potential impact of "an alternative". Great!
But he's willing to annoint Bush to do so. Here's where the Republicans say Great!

You don't think the Party he seemingly can't keep his hands out of should complain or at a minimum expose his motives? Just take it and let him dictate policy for a Party he doesn't support? You do understand the idea of "terrorism" don't you? Ultimatums? Corrupt motives? Cutting off your nose to spite your face?

[Edited on 24-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I guess it just disheartens me to see the sad fact that 3rd parties can't really run and will most likely never stand a snowcone's chance in hell of winning in the presidential races. Considering I can't swallow the sour pills offered up by both the Democrats and Republicans I align myself toward whatever they aren't. Not really the best thing, since that "Anybody but Bush" movement I think defeats alot of the purpose of our system of government by defaulting to the most promising lesser-evil rather than promoting people to make decisions for themselves. Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that we need to get that primate out of the Oval Office, but I don't think I could throw my vote to just whoever I was told stood the best chance of winning if I didn't agree with their platform and policies.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Understood Alternate.
I think (or rather know) the majority of Americans have the best interests of the nation in mind, and merely seek the best means to attain that goal.

Having said that it sickens me this majority is being split by what may be nothing more than an opportunist.

Now, if the Libertarians (a relatively equal opportunity party for both Dem and Republican refugees) could get their act together, you'd have something.

A viable third party. Dems with guns and Republicans against cultural divisions.

I'd still be sad if any party then wins with less than a majority vote, and elections come down to three way splits, but I'd complain far less than if one man and 6% of voters continue to throw elections.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
While Im no big fan of Nader, I do think grassroots politics is where we need to go in this country. That being said I think there are some good independant candidates out there, of course they get absolutely no media attention, but at least there is none of that mudballing.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I don't know if it was all the pressure or part of the plan all along, but...

Nader: Go to my rallies, but Vote for Kerry

June 23, 2004 -- NPR's Robert Siegel travels with independent presidential candidate Ralph Nader in Illinois and Indiana. Nader says he is running for the office as a way to steer the Democratic Party toward an agenda he advocates. The longtime consumer advocate wants would-be supporters to attend his rallies, but he says he wants them to feel free to cast their votes for Sen. John Kerry once they enter the voting booth -- especially in swing states where their vote might help defeat President Bush.

Drudge is also reporting on the fundamental shift in Nader strategy.

Question: Do voters even know if they're in swing states? Nader's message continues to get more confusing as the days go on. I suspect if by the election, he continues in the race as an independent candidate but using that pulpit as a voice for Kerry and opportunity to launch a two pronged attack on Bush, then it will be Republicans angry he's still in the race. Anyone see that one coming?

new topics

top topics

join