It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

today! 9-17-10 los alamos emlpoyees caught selling nuclear secrets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
this is a new story a married couple employd there has been caught sellong nuclear secrets gonna find more will be back

okay so we all know hugo would love to make us go bye bye but this seems more to have us think poorly of Hugo C then there actullay being a married couple of spys infiltratrating our deepest secrets just to perfect they were either set up or this is The Word I HATE here on ATS false flag attack

guess we will see or maybe never see anything who knows

edit on 17-9-2010 by triplescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
www.google.com...

Sounds to me like a failed CIA op so that we can invade the country in a few years once they have the bomb.

SEE!!!!! Chavez has the bomb! So we need to bomb him and take all his oil...... err I mean liberate thousands of Venezuelans!

A scientist and his wife who both worked at the leading US nuclear research facility were arrested Friday and charged with trying to sell secrets to Venezuela that would help it build an atomic bomb within a decade, US officials said.

The pair, both US citizens, "have been indicted on charges of communicating classified nuclear weapons data to a person they believed to be a Venezuelan government official and conspiring to participate in the development of an atomic weapon for Venezuela," the US Department of Justice said in a statement.

The defendants, Pedro Mascheroni, 75, and Marjorie Roxby Mascheroni, 67, had both worked at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in the southwestern state of New Mexico, and could face life in prison if convicted on all charges.

They had sought 793,000 dollars in payment for the restricted and classified data which they believed they had provided to a Venezuelan contact, but who was actually an undercover FBI agent.

The Justice Department was quick to acknowledge that the indictment does not allege any wrongdoing by the Venezuelan government or anyone acting on its behalf, and also said no one currently working at Los Alamos was charged or accused of wrongdoing.

But the revelations could still sharpen relations between the United States and Venezuela, whose firebrand leftist President Hugo Chavez is a vocal critic of his US counterpart Barack Obama.

According to the statement, among the 22 indictments, the defendants are charged with "communicating 'restricted data' to an individual with the intent to injure the United States and secure an advantage to a foreign nation," conspiring to participate in development of an atomic weapon, concealing US records, and several counts of making false statements.

The department revealed a series of startling details about the Mascheronis' plans to pass the nuclear secrets to Venezuela, beginning in March 2008 when the husband had conversations with the undercover agent.

During the talks, "Mascheroni allegedly said he could help Venezuela develop a nuclear bomb within 10 years and that, under his program, Venezuela would use a secret, underground nuclear reactor to produce and enrich plutonium, and an open, above-ground reactor to produce nuclear energy," according to the Justice Department.

Pedro Mascheroni -- a naturalized US citizen from Argentina -- is a physicist who worked at Los Alamos from 1979 to 1988, while his wife worked there between 1981 and this year, the Justice Department said. Both held security clearances that allowed them access to certain classified information.

"The conduct alleged in this indictment is serious and should serve as a warning to anyone who would consider compromising our nation's nuclear secrets for profit," Assistant Attorney General Kris said.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

This isn't the same guy that the Clinton Administration/Democrats looked the other way when he sold/leaked Missile secrets to China is it?

Heh Heh.
I guess not.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There has to be a way to make a giant aircraft that no one hears or sees and
have them hover all night over foreign oilfields and tractor up all the oil just to make
them penniless they way they are supposed to be now that we have the oil less
future captured under some Hitler run science dictatorship.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i am always taken back when i hear a story like this you cant make an illegal phone call never mine get nuclear secrets out of an army facility if you can and its that easy i am gonna start searching the russian ebay for a UFO?

just seems odd and very set up

a scapegoat or distraction and we dont know if they were successful so............ Duck and Cover?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It looks like propaganda ,also on this thread ...peace www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Okay, I have to relay something I've heard from a *very* reliable source. For at least 5 years, there have been plans for a potentially nuclear conflict between USA/UK/allies, and Russia/China/Venezuela, aimed for the year 2025. I don't know if they're all in on it together, but ever since I heard this 2 years ago, I have been paying very close attention to that seemingly trivial country in S. America.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
For some reason it sounded like the guy never even talked to a real official from Venezuela.

It sounded like they posed as agents and recorded the conversations. It was entrapment sounding.

You know? Like maybe Venezuela was being honest when they said " We don't know anything about it." Perhaps it was true?

Just randomly what if? What if it was some bizarre practice where they just set up a scientist.

Hell, they could be actors even possibly. Who knows?

I don't know what to believe anymore. So many possibilities, so little data to go by.

Maybe it's a fabricated story just to keep us in fear of war when in reality we are already in a mostly globalized world and there is no actual threat of war.

Like those "reliable sources" who actually are just like me and have limited knowledge and could be easily fooled.

I am easily fooled, so why should I believe some media outlet full of people like me? Couldn't they be fooled too?

That's why I say, I don't know what to believe.
But it's an interesting development, good topic.

edit on 18-9-2010 by muzzleflash because: additions

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
i know i am kinda bein redundent but this has gotta be BS this story what would the real purpose be to start a conflict its already ongoing ? there is no reason.

new topics

top topics

join