It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another view on the Middle East

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   
An interesting article on the present situation in the Middle East lays out the writer�s overview, & contains some possible matters for debate. Unfortunately, as the website clearly states, the source is unproven.

denbeste.nu...

He opines that
�Yes, there is a 100 year-old Israeli-Arab conflict, but it is not where the main show is.� - & goes on to say why he thinks this.

And also �
�The root of the trouble is that this entire Moslem region is totally dysfunctional, by any standard of the word, and would have been so even if Israel had joined the Arab league and an independent Palestine had existed for 100 years.�

Ther�s much more [unrelated to Israel] & the whole argument is very well written & presented IMO. I think he raises some salient points. It would be interesting to hear what other members think of it, even if the source is unproven.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I think that is a really good article and I think there is a lot of truth there. It echos what I've been thinking for some time about these matters. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I think the article's well-written too, Ambient Sound. Unfortunately I don't have the depth of political knowledge to make an informed judgment of its content, so mine would only be an uninformed opinion.

Hope one of our political pundits here [not sarcasm] will have something to contriobute, especially in regard to what he says about Israel.

new topics

join