It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to play guitar hero (((help)))

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
My wife and I have decided we want to jump on the guitar hero bandwagon. I always thought this was a game that you simply plug into the A/V input on the TV....but NOOOOO....

Apparently I got to buy a PS2, XBOX360, Wii, etc... plus purchase the game...

So, my questions are:

What is the most affordable option for this set-up?
What is the BEST option for this setup?
Is it really as much fun as everyone lets on, or is it all hype?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
If it's for you and the wifey I'd do the wii setup. I'll be cheaper and have access to a lot of games that are basic and fun.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It depends how far you want to go and if you are interested in just the guitar, or if your interested in full band. There are many titles but "Guitar Hero 3" has a PC version of the game. It is an older title and it only supports guitar/bass. If you wanted to try out the game before spending a bunch of money on a gaming console this might be your best bet.

If you find that you really like the game then you could look into buying a console that suits you best. I like the PS3 because it has free online (not sure about Wii but XBOX you must pay for online)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've got a X-Box 360 arcade that I picked up for $149.99 new (I waited until Wal Mart had a $50.00 Visa gift card promo on the system which costs $199.99).

I then waited and watched until Game Stop offered a promo for a free guitar controller with the purchase of one of the Guitar Hero games (game only) - which set me back $14.99 I believe.

If you are willing to be patient you can get some really good deals. (The chain store "Big Lots" often has Guitar Hero games for a really low price, for example)

But beware... The darned Guitar Hero games are addictive!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Not to deter you from giving it a try, but to me, it's easier to play 75% of the songs on a real guitar. Those little guitar controllers confuse me.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I've had a TON of fun with guitar hero, and it actually encouraged me to pick up my real guitar again after laying dormant for a number of years.
The most fun though without doubt are the drums, they are like a work out and a game combined and you can get some serious adrenalin pumping while your doing it. I have the Rock Band version of the drums, but they work with guitar hero as well.

I've got the xbox360 too,

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thank you all for the input. We will be mulling over our options this afternoon and I may actually be kicking off my first "jam session" this evening.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I'd get a 360 or PS3 as the Kinect and Move are coming out soon.

This is actually Called the Kinect and is no longer under a code name.

or a PS3 which even though this one needs a controller is equally as awesome (and advanced) as the Xbox 360 Kinect

Bottom line I wouldn't get a Wii. These two things are going to render it obsolete.

edit on 20-9-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join