It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roger Waters - The Wall Tour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Roger Waters tour begain with Toronto's Air Canada Centre, Sept. 15, 2010. Did any one go? Would love to here about this tour. Thought, comments.

I will be goint to the DC show 10/10/10. I can't wait. I am taking my kids (ok, there adults). It's an experiance that I just must share with them. As they will never have the oppertunity to see Pink Floyd.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VAPatriot

I saw him play Glastonbury in around '02 and he played a blistering set that mixed his own material with Floyd's. There's a predicted setlist here.

Something like Gunner's Dream would make a cool encore, but could be a buzzkill for going home to? Maybe the track, 'Pros and Cons?' Free Four or Fat Old Sun would make my day if he resurrected them lol

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I Saw
Roger Waters - Dark side of the moon - 2006.
Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour - 1988 (Twice, RFK & Cap's center)
Floyd - The Division Bell Tour - 1994

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That's a good bunch of shows.

I've got mates who've travelled across Europe to watch Floyd and Waters. Hitchhiking and falling out with their wives and girlfriends. Dedication.

Thanks to your thread, I'm kicking back to some obscure Floyd right now. What's...Uh the Deal?

Classic.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I was suppose to see Floyd at Knebworth in 1990 but was unable to go. I am still kicking myself over that one.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I was a teenager when Waters played Berlin Wall. Was that 89? Jeez, at the time it seemed like the world was gonna change. I smile about it now

It was all pot, munchies and long hair

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I saw Roger Waters do "Dark side of the moon" at Hyde Park.
It's the only time I have ever cried at a gig

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Anyone go to the Chicago show?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

the predicted set list is funny. It's The Wall tour, of course he's playing the whole disc.

I'm toying with going to the show here in NYC in November.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Anti-Semitic Imagery Used in Roger Waters' Tour, Anti-Defamation League Says

During Waters' recent performances of "Goodbye Blue Sky," an animated scene has projected images of planes dropping bombs in the shape of Jewish stars of David, followed by dollar signs -- an "outrageous" juxtaposition, according to Abraham Foxman, ADL's national director.

"While he insists that his intent was to criticize Israel's West Bank security fence, the use of such imagery in a concert
setting seems to leave the message open to interpretation, and the meaning could easily be misunderstood as a comment about Jews and money," Foxman said in a statement.

It is my understanding that bombers drop no only Stars of David and Dollar Signs, they also dropped Crosses, Crescents, the Hammer and Sickle, and other symbols.

edit on 28-9-2010 by VAPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

the wall imagery centered around world war II, of course it's going to have all those things.

listen to the lyrics from In The Flesh

Are there any queers in the theater tonight?
Get them up against the wall!
There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me,
Get him up against the wall!
That one looks Jewish!
And that one's a coon!
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint,
And another with spots!
If I had my way,
I'd have all of you shot!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Anyone that knows Pink Floyd's music is aware that the crosses, star and crescent, the Star of David, then the dollar signs is a commentary was on the sources of war in the world, be they started for religious or financial reasons.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Tomorrow is the DC show. I can't wait. I suprised no one on ATS has seen the show or is going to go. Shame. Here is a great review from Buffalo.

Waters goes to ‘The Wall’ for thrilled fans

As the lights went down, and a troop of jackbooted, generic fascist types arrived onstage waving flags, an air of titillated dread filled the Arena, one that came to an immediate climax as a massive explosion heralded the arrival of the band. “Do I have your attention now?” seemed to be the unspoken subtext. Waters appeared, dressed all in black, wielding his black Fender Precision Bass like a blunt instrument he fully intended to bludgeon someone with before night’s end, that half sneer, half smile adorning his still-striking features.

“So you thought you might like to go to the show,” he began.

edit on 9-10-2010 by VAPatriot because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Waters is just another Pink Floyd cover band. Having said that the best Floyd cover band there is. It was worth it seeing him play Money on Bass (I still consider Money to be the "Stairway to Heaven" of learning to play the Bass). My brother saw him last tour & said he was making little political speeches about Iraq etc all the time. When I saw him he was just there playing his heart out.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I wasn't going to spring $200+ per ticket to see The Wall live. I caught him in 2008 or 2009 (don't recall), and the rest of Floyd with Momentary Lapse and Division Bell. Love Rog to death, but not at those ticket prices.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I saw the Phoenix show...and I have to say that it was awesome! The music, the lights, the imagery...just amazing.

That aside, there is definitely a strong anti-war theme going on during the show. It is also anit-big government, and anti-big corporations. There were images of pigs wearing iPods with the words iProfit on the screen at one point, as well as iTeach over images of religious leaders; iLearn over images of sheep wearing iBuds; iKill over images of political leaders; and iPay over an image of tombstones. During the song Mother, there was a giant surveillance camera on the screen for the song, and then the wall stated Big Brother is Watching You...which had the Br x'd out and replaced by a hand written M.

Also, the bomb planes were dropping Mercedes and Shell Gasoline images, along with the other images.

I found a blog that describes more. Wall Blog

top topics

join