It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a Second Look at Christine O’Donnell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Keith Johnson
Revolt of the Plebs

WARNING: I’m going to be cruel.

Christine O’Donnell’s victory in the Delaware Republican primary may not be cause for celebration. A Christine O’Donnell in Washington may just mean one more vote for endless war in the Middle East.

This statement was sourced from her 2008 campaign website by ‘On the Issues’:

Strategy to bring troops home from Iraq: it’s called victory

“Christine has a strategy for bringing our troops home from Iraq: It’s called victory. Past mistakes should not deter our need to stabilize Iraq so we can get our troops home. We can succeed in the future, but we must accompany our efforts with the honor and respect we’ve earned as a people. We cannot leave on the enemy’s terms. We must leave on our terms.”
republicbroadcasting.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The TP movement had so much potential, but it's been infiltrated by neocons starting with Palin.

It's sad, really. For a long time I was 100% pessimistic about the idea of establishing limited government through the normal democratic channels, resigned to waiting until the system collapsed on its own weight. Then these tea party protests sprang up, not only showing a united front toward rolling back government, but even denouncing Bush and his wars to show their sincerity. I got a slight glimmer of hope from them.

Now most of it is lost. Most Tea Partiers I've talked to have the right idea, but are still convinced that they can fix their problems through democracy. But if we're still getting warmonger candidates even supported by the Tea Party, then I give up once again.

Cutting spending is a great idea. I'm all for it. But what's America's biggest spending area by far? Military!

This is the hypocrisy of the Right.

edit on 17-9-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Newlyawakened you are dead on. I heard of the tea party then all of a sudden glenn beck and palin grab it by the horns and take it right back into the neocon realm of evil... You are correct...They have great control over the masses by hijacking each revolution for their own good. You are now today seeing the results of the summer of love children from the 60's early 70's. The powers at hand grabbed ahold of that movement and started stearing it into the direction we have arrived at today. Now its the tea partys turn. They take your ideas and implement these ideas into an already installed program. Its sad that ppl dont realize this.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
oh my goodness, and she supports military action against Iran.
i liked her until i read this, not good at all.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Didn't know where to post his so I choose YOU.....lol

Independents polled, Rasmussen released new poll of 500 Likely Voters in Delaware poll showing an 11-point gap between Coons and O’Donnell, 53% – 42%.

Christine O'Donnell's shock Tea Party win puts $1m in war chest
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Well, O' Donnel may have some quirks, I definitely do not like the Neo Con component.

But let us take a look at the alternative shall we?
An admitted marxist. Hmmm, that must be in the old days. But when does a person begin to deny their marxist principles? If anyone can find evidence he has denied his marxist ways, I would take it with a grain of salt though. All good marxists lie.

“Chris Coons: The Making of a Bearded Marxist.” Google is your friend.

Wow, that was back in 85. So, another admitted marxist and we are supposed to look closer into O' Donnel huh?
Tell me, are the marxists in power now not pushing the two wars?

Wow, look at THIS- Delaware Senate Race: O'Donnell Opponent Chris Coons Restricts Access to Records Just Like Obama

Well lookey there. Another parallel to the marxist in chief.

Hey LOOKEY, another parallel-Chris Coons pushing suppression of government transparency!

Yeah, better keep THAT SPOTLIGHT on O' Donnell do not want anyone to know about the little Delaware Marxist.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

And so we devolve right back to not voting who will be the best for the job, but who will suck less.

And you do so seemingly unknowingly.

Wonderful.

You know, maybe when some of you people stop voting outright unless someone can truly do the job and demand competency instead of ideological battles, we might fix this country.

But I understand this is the reasonable, rational thing to do. And to believe people in mass will choose the rational, reasonable choice and solve problems instead of cause problems is about as stupid as the people continuing this mess we're in.

link   
EDIT: weird double post

edit on 17-9-2010 by SpectreDC because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

You do have a great point....I have lost just about all hope in our political system...it may be too late..

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

There are two things we can do.

Vote for the best that are on the ballots, or a write in candidate.

Or, we go that way and take away their power.

I no longer consent to be governed by the tyrants.

We either stand together with peaceful non compliance or we fall divided.

With all the rhetoric and bashing by the opponents of the Tea Party movement, including the Repub and Dem parties, I WILL VOTE FOR ANYONE THE TWO PARTIES attempt to trash.

So, what we have here is a hit squad mentality of the two parties going after the Tea Party picks.

If that is NOT enough for EVERYONE to vote for these people, I DO NOT KNOW A BETTER ENDORSEMENT!

edit on 17-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The TP (Tea Party) is no better than the TP (Toilet Paper) that people use to wipe their rears.

They are a cult of dangerous people whose minds are in a fairy tale land filled with imaginary friends and invisible enemies.

They are a bunch of DANGEROUS NUTS!! The entire cult is just that.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jontap
The TP (Tea Party) is no better than the TP (Toilet Paper) that people use to wipe their rears.

When I see "TP", I think of toilet paper, too.

I commend the OP for looking deeper into this candidate and finding out more about her stance on important issues. She's a neo-con. That's certainly not to say that all "TP candidates" are going to be neo-cons, but I suspect a good portion of them are. (I put it in quotes, because I also suspect that many if not most of them are just far right Republicans, using the TP name. Because it's new.)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I don't think Palin and Beck hijacked the Tea Party. I think the TP sold out to them. I mean, the TP wanted to pick up some steam in the national spotlight and they simply sold out to celebrities. The smart thing to do would have been to keep it a grassroots movement and to not have gotten so ambitious.

They wanted too much too soon. If they had kept it simple, then they would not have stood a snowballs chance in the upcoming elections, or 2012 for that matter, so they sold out.

However, if they had kept it simple and kept it "grassroots", then they could have had a real shot at something special in or around 2016. It's a shame they sold out, as now they are the punchline of a bad joke.

my 2-cents

new topics

top topics

join