It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrating Jimi Hendrix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Tomorrow marks the 40th year since Jimi's passing and I felt this iconic trailblazer should be honored. To this day his style and mark left on the world remains unique and unmatched, although I would add that Stevie Ray Vaughn comes really close, and still managed to cut his own remarkable style out.
Jimi poured so much soul into his playing that watching him was just as much a part of the Hendrix experience as listening to him. He was in a class by himself incorporating his own style into a blues/rock fusion laden with soulful expressions.
September 18 BBC is doing a documentary on Jimi's life and I am looking forward to it. www.bbc.co.uk...
Here are a couple of vids, one a show in 69 at LuLu and one is his last interview.

Last Interview
www.telegraph.co.uk...

LuLu Show 69

Tonight Show

40 years after Jimi Hendrix's death on September 18th 1970, this film tells Jimi Hendrix's life story in his own words and is narrated by funk legend Bootsy Collins in the soft, authoritative voice of Hendrix himself.
Blending archive footage, artefacts, news archive and rare performance footage, director Bob Smeaton's film takes us from Hendrix's childhood in Seattle, through his spell in the army and on to his time on the chitlin circuit backing the likes of the Isley Brothers and Little Richard, his 'discovery' by ex-Animal Chas Chandler in New York, the formation of the Experience in the UK and his launch and instant popstardom in London in 1966, his stellar festival appearances at Monterey and Woodstock, his artistic progression, his last British concert at the end of August 1970 at the Isle of Wight Festival and his tragic death in Notting Hill, choked on his own vomit and red wine.

RIP Jimi......
spec

edit on 17-9-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: sp

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I'll raise a glass to the Jimi legend...maybe not wine though!

Gotta add a video....which one? 3rd Stone from the Sun? Little Wing? Red House? Love or Confusion?

I had a Paris '68 bootleg tape and lent it to a mate's boyfriend. They split and it's a gonner. That version of Red House was the best iirc. I can hear Pirate Bay-a-calling

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Nice addition Kandinsky! I ran across this one and thought it was pretty cool, just like everything else this man did!

Country Blues

Here's a little Red House

edit on 17-9-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Jimi was brilliant. A true one of a kind human being, one of my lifelong heros.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hiya guys, have you ever noticed that you can't be famous and dead without a murder rumour appearing? In some cases, it's the truth...Brian Jones. In Jimi's case, I reckon it's also possible that he was killed rather than died. The hospital doctor thought the cause of death was drowning in wine with very low alcohol in his blood stream.

John Bannister, the surgeon who dealt with Hendrix at hospital, has said he was convinced the star had drowned in red wine, despite having very little alcohol in his bloodstream. "I recall vividly the very large amounts of red wine that oozed from his stomach and his lungs and in my opinion there was no question that Jimi Hendrix had drowned, if not at home then on the way to the hospital," he wrote in 1992.
Hendrix Murdered by Manager.

If he thought that and there wasn't enough alcohol in his system...who's thinking wtf?! How did the coroner opt for barbiturate OD and choking on vomit?

I wonder if the 'establishment' had such a low opinion of the lifestyles of people like Jimi, that they were quick to jump to conclusions? Combine that with being a foreign black guy in London and the idea of murder would barely register or matter.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Interesting point Kandinsky, and I too have wondered about the alcohol deaths of Jimi, Janis, Keith Moon, Jon Bonham, and Jim Morrison. All died during a disruptive and pivotal moment in history with the surge of the counter culture. I can see tptb not wanting to lose control to the influence of rock and roll, so it would not surprise me to find out they were all killed, but that's how my mind works sometimes ya know.

spec

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Wow , I did not know of this manager angle, but it sounds plausible. Jealousy and money to be gained sounds like motive to me. Thanks for the insight....

There was no record of who had called the ambulance.

Interesting, perhaps it was someone with their hand in the "murder?"

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Hornet's Nest

Love Love

Hush Now

Bring Back My Baby

Flashing

-TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Jimi was an amazing talent (and a pretty nice guy,too from most accounts)..
I often wonder what kind of music he would be making today were he still alive- I bet it would be unbelievable.......
Here's one I've always loved:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Thanks for the addition BlackOps, love the I don't live today!
spec

reply to post by TheAssociate

Hey TheAssociate, those are some superb additions, some of which I have never heard so much thanks!!!!
spec

reply to post by blupblup

Man I am digging these vids/songs guys, thanks blupblup, love the if 6 was 9!
spec

reply to post by Skippy1138

Skippy1138 thank you for the input and yes I too wish he was still around. He is one of those that's music is timeless and would fit into any generation. When I first heard Valley's Of Neptune, even though it has a classical sound, it still fits as exceptional music, imo.
spec

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hiya! Thought you might enjoy my friend singing a Hendrix number. RAW

edit on 19-9-2010 by KIZZZY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I just registered a little while ago and this is my first post. While looking over the site I was surprised to see a thread dedicated entirely to Jimi something I wasn't expecting to see here. Bravo. I first got turned on to Jimi over 30 years ago and he is still my favorite artist. His music never gets old to me. On my dying day, whenever that may be, there will probably be some Hendrix playing in the background.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by A.K.A.

Hey AKA, thanks for the comment and yes, one of the great things about ATS is BTS, a place dedicated to non-conspiracy subjects. With our eclectic membership, I have seen some fascinating things in both ats/bts, and music, well, that reaches many and provides plenty of material to enjoy and/or honor, including the one and only Jimi!
If ya wanna see some cool art, check my signature...

Peace,
spec

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join