It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relics kept in the Twin Towers sent back to Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I had no idea where to post this,

Anyone else find this odd?

Relics kept in the Twin Towers sent back to Iraq

In all the twists and tragedies spanning 9/11 and the invasion of Iraq, few would think to look for a happy subplot in the world of archaeology. But consider the travails of 362 tiny clay tablets. Forged in southern Iraq 4,000-odd years ago, then crushed in the collapse of the twin towers, the tablets are now back in Iraq.

Decorated with cuneiform script – the oldest-known form of human writing – the tiny tablets were shipped in early 2001 from Dubai
to the Port of Newark in New Jersey by smugglers. There were presumably headed to new hands in return for considerable sums of money. The tablets, each one smaller than a deck of cards, were initially valued at $330,000. In another sense, though,

they were priceless, in part because they referenced one of the most powerful officials of the Third Dynasty of Ur, 2000 years before Christ.

www.independent.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
oops

wondering how to post image
oops

edit on 013030p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

One of the smuggled tablets that were crushed when the twin towers fell. They have been returned to Iraq

There you go.

Simply save the image, log into your ATS Picture Account, upload the photo, copy and paste the link (Embed on ATS) and that should do it.

ATSMediaHome

Also, I read this in the article,
The tiny tablets were shipped in early 2001 from Dubai to the Port of Newark in New Jersey by smugglers.

Thank goodness for US Customs, who got wind of the delicate merchandise and confiscated it upon landing. But then something less positive happened: they put them in storage at the very bottom of one of the twin towers.

"Iraq is rising from a period of considerable difficulty, and I think the restoration of these tablets and restoring them to their owners in a stable condition is kind of a nice metaphor for what the Iraqis themselves are doing."

So if I understood this correctly, The tablets were taken from Iraq / Dubai, the original owners, US Customs got ahold of them, stored them at the basement of the Twin Tower's. When the sad tragedy of 9/11 occured, things were recovered from the basement, and the tablets were returned to it's original owners.

edit on 17-9-2010 by Oozii because: Added Link/Text

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

you dont need to save everyimage to post them in a forum. you only need the url of the image.

etc[ ats ] www.pondlife.com/frog.jpg[ /ats ]

On topic, I dont have any feelings about this relic being sent back to Iraq, The relic isn't a terrorist. and really had nothing to do with the falling of the twin towers.

edit on 17-9-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Thank you so much for posting and the instructions.

So if I understood this correctly, The tablets were taken from Iraq / Dubai, the original owners, US Customs got ahold of them, stored them at the basement of the Twin Tower's. When the sad tragedy of 9/11 occured, things were recovered from the basement, and the tablets were returned to it's original owners.

Odd isn't it, stored at world trade center, we make war with Iraq, tablets survive, tablets get sent back.

man there has to be a conspiracy here somewhere, if not there sure is a synchronous set of events.

edit on 013030p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
reply to post by Oozii

you dont need to save everyimage to post them in a forum. you only need the url of the image.

etc[ ats ] www.pondlife.com/frog.jpg[ /ats ]
really had nothing to do with the falling of the twin towers.

edit on 17-9-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

Could be some ancient goddess was angry.
The Sumerians thought the gods were powerful beings that controlled the world,

seriously though I just thought it was interesting.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I can't believe they survived 9/11... maybe Mohammad Atta's passport making it through unscathed isn't a conspiracy after all...

Seriously, though, this is really cool that they managed to recover these. I love old stuff

edit on 17-9-2010 by DragonsDemesne because: fixed mistake

top topics

join