It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Spaceships Heading Towards Earth ?

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar
reply to post by Mr. D

Hi Mr. D,

Here I am! Uhm yeah maybe Phage can help out with this one because I'm pretty my answer will be different from his.

I say it could be a Mother Ship charging it's battery (or whatever) using solar energy.

Toni (or Antonia or Antoniastar or Star or etc. lol )

edit on 16-10-2010 by Antoniastar because: I wanted to remove a suggestive comment.

"I'm pretty my answer..." Yes, you sure are. (Just had to say that
). interesting.....what do
you think, friend or foe? (Wish there was some kind of Visual, Electronic IFF available to determine
that).

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
MSM info on UFO's in New York and China. FAA got in on the action too.

Usually jaded New Yorkers froze in their tracks Wednesday and gazed skyward at the
still mysterious objects that hovered above the iconic Manhattan skyline for several hours.

"We are not able to make an identification of what the objects were," Federal Aviation
Administration spokeswoman Arlene Salac said today. "We know they weren't aircraft
or helicopters. We wouldn't be able to say if they were balloons or something else."

abcnews.go.com...

It doesn't surprise me that FAA is getting in on the action. This UFO incident seems like a teaser that's leading to a climactic close encounter of the third kind.

But I can't remember what the second kind was. I think humans are the first?

Help me out here.

Toni

Hi Star,

Found this on Wiki.

Hynek's scale

First

A sighting of one or more unidentified flying objects:
Flying saucers Odd lights Aerial objects that are not attributable to known human technology

Second

An observation of a UFO, and associated physical effects from the UFO, including:

Heat or radiation
Damage to terrain
Crop Circles
Human paralysis (Catalepsy)
Frightened animals
Interference with engines or TV or radio reception.
Lost Time: a gap in one's memory associated with a UFO encounter.[5]

Third

An observation of what Hynek termed "animate beings" observed in association with a UFO sighting.[6] Hynek deliberately chose the somewhat vague term "animate beings" to describe beings associated with UFOs without making any unfounded assumptions regarding the beings' origins or nature. Hynek did not necessarily regard these beings as "extraterrestrials" or "aliens." Additionally, Hynek further expressed discomfort with such reports, but felt a scientific obligation to include them, at the very least because they represented a sizable minority of claimed UFO encounters.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Oooops!! Oh wow that's gotta be one of my most embarrassing typos of all time.
Anyways thank you for the compliment.

Well I wouldn't bet on it but I'll say that I think they're friendlies. The reason that I get that impression is because there's only one of them (in our scope) and they [could be] "basking" in infrared.

Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) tracking would definitely be mighty handy. Where do I sign up?

Or some other visual would be nice too. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

MSM info on UFO's in New York and China. FAA got in on the action too.

Usually jaded New Yorkers froze in their tracks Wednesday and gazed skyward at the
still mysterious objects that hovered above the iconic Manhattan skyline for several hours.

"We are not able to make an identification of what the objects were," Federal Aviation
Administration spokeswoman Arlene Salac said today. "We know they weren't aircraft
or helicopters. We wouldn't be able to say if they were balloons or something else."

abcnews.go.com...

It doesn't surprise me that FAA is getting in on the action. This UFO incident seems like a teaser that's leading to a climactic close encounter of the third kind.

But I can't remember what the second kind was. I think humans are the first?

Help me out here.

Toni

Hi Star,

Found this on Wiki.

Hynek's scale

First

A sighting of one or more unidentified flying objects:
Flying saucers Odd lights Aerial objects that are not attributable to known human technology

Second

An observation of a UFO, and associated physical effects from the UFO, including:

Heat or radiation
Damage to terrain
Crop Circles
Human paralysis (Catalepsy)
Frightened animals
Interference with engines or TV or radio reception.
Lost Time: a gap in one's memory associated with a UFO encounter.[5]

Third

An observation of what Hynek termed "animate beings" observed in association with a UFO sighting.[6] Hynek deliberately chose the somewhat vague term "animate beings" to describe beings associated with UFOs without making any unfounded assumptions regarding the beings' origins or nature. Hynek did not necessarily regard these beings as "extraterrestrials" or "aliens." Additionally, Hynek further expressed discomfort with such reports, but felt a scientific obligation to include them, at the very least because they represented a sizable minority of claimed UFO encounters.

Oh! That 2nd encounter! haha Thanks very much for finding this and posting it!! It's always good to have a common reference to measure experience by.

That's awesome that you call me Star! I like it. No one has done that for a long time. I don't why not. : /

Star

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Antoniastar

Hello Antoniastar, maybe Phage can help us out with this one. Just wanted to ask
your opinion on what you might think this is so close to our Sun that shows up in only
certain wave lengths?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a168910cdfc7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a364849402f4.jpg[/atsimg]

www.fourmilab.ch...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
edit on 15-10-2010 by Mr. D because: added SOHO link

I'll take a stab at it and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
I think the object is Mercury and it's in both images. Look at the blue one, about 1:00 on the occulter disk, See the small white dot? That's it. The The occulter disk appears appear much smaller in the blue image and the difference is the field of view.

top one is SOHO/LASCO/C2
Transits of Objects through the LASCO/C3 field of view (FOV) in 2010
Oct07-Oct28 Mercury -1.4mag Right to Left
LASCO C2 images (red) show the inner solar corona up to 8.4 million kilometers (5.25 million miles) away from the Sun.
sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil.../transits

bottom one is SOHO LASCO C3
LASCO C3 images have a larger field of view. They encompass 32 diameters of the Sun.
To put this in perspective, the diameter of the images is 45 million kilometers (about 30 million miles) at the distance of the Sun, or half of the diameter of the orbit of Mercury. Many bright stars can be seen behind the Sun.

www.spaceweather.sflorg.com...
edit on 10/16/2010 by Pauligirl because: can't type

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

Pauligirl is correct. That is Mercury.
As you can see, Mercury is passing on the far side of the Sun (from Earth) now.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91ab886483e0.gif[/atsimg]
It will be visible in C3 until October 28th. Venus will show up in C3 (left side) on October 27th.

I don't know what you mean when you say it only shows up in certain wavelengths though.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thank you Pauligirl and Phage for your explanation of the anomaly by the Sun.

Yes, it makes sense that it could be Mercury. But remember that a alien space craft could be capable of taking the shape of Mercury. Not that this is what happened in this case.

As far as the infrared reference, I think there is a duality in play here. Sometimes, unfortunately, we humans (Westerners?) see things as this or that, where as something can be this and that. So, in this case, there could be more than one thing going on here (or not).

Infrared is possibly a cloaking practice used by ETs.

So, no, Mercury isn't seen in the infrared wave length, of course not. But a space craft can very likely only be seen in the infrared. Although, I would wager to bet that there must be some kind of double cloaking going on or something similar because if both the Light Side and the Dark Side use the same cloak then it's just common sense that infrared cloaking wouldn't be sufficiently secure.

On top of that, we humans can now see "ghosts" in the infrared...
www.youtube.com...

edit on 17-10-2010 by Antoniastar because: of grammar correction.

edit on 17-10-2010 by Antoniastar because: I changed "efficiently" to "sufficiently".

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

LASCO uses blue and orange filters. I don’t think they are doing anything in infrared. It’s Mercury and it can be seen in both images.
Duality, double cloaking, Light Side and the Dark Side? You’re on your own here. I have no idea of what you are talking about.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foppezao
So SETI was cancelled in '93 [due to budget conscious congress]..was it continued afterwards without government funding? private organisations and universities?

Not that I am defending the OP in any way, but you do realize that this country's government has a trillion dollar black budget, right?

The money is there and there is a legal block for them to not disclose what it is used on.

So, funding something that was publicly shut down is not far-fetched whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Yes I realize that LASCO doens't use infrared. What, I think, Mr. D. and I were discussing was a "what if" scenario.

There seems to be some confusion as to these sterio images produced by NASA...

From january 2010 huge UFO are orbiting the sun (* new pictures March 2010*)

www.youtube.com...

My analysis of the vid is that they are space craft (Mother Ships) and wanted to be seen. Otherwise how do we know that giant craft aren't using our Sun for energy? If they're cloaked in infrared then they are hiding from you, from me and from NASA's LASCO telescope, at the least.

NASA says that they are artifacts. I don't believe that.

These craft are said to be the size of an Earth. All I was saying was, if these cosmic patrons where driving a Mercury-sized planet, they'd know Mercury's orbit and if they wanted to drive by the Sun to catch some rays, why not travel along behind Mercury? Why use their extra cloak-skin if they don't have to (because it probably uses energy?).

The Milky Way's Planets (Scaled)...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe they're showing us what their capable of? It's only a "what if". That's all.

Thank you for you feed back. Oh and I'm use to being on my own. I'm an extreme out-of-the-box thinker.

Star

edit on 17-10-2010 by Antoniastar because: I made a couple of typos.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I was referring to the time stamp. I didn't know that a planet could move that
fast in 6 minutes?
If you look at the time stamp on both Lasco pictures
you can see that whatever it is sure put alot of mileage behind it in 6 minutes.
I to thought it could be Mercury, until I saw it behind the Sun in Formilab.
Maybe it's an optical illusion?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I was referring to the time stamp. I didn't know that a planet could move that
fast in 6 minutes?
If you look at the time stamp on both Lasco pictures
you can see that whatever it is sure put alot of mileage behind it in 6 minutes.
I to thought it could be Mercury, until I saw it behind the Sun in Formilab.
Maybe it's an optical illusion?

Ok, got ya now. Mercury didn't move that far--it's due to the field of view,
LASCO C2 images (red) show the inner solar corona up to 8.4 million kilometers (5.25 million miles) away from the Sun. LASCO C3 images have a larger field of view. They encompass 32 diameters of the Sun--the diameter of the images is 45 million kilometers--so it's a shift of perspective.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Mr. D

Wondering what happened to Bionicle Alex? I found more of some objects he was talking about

Maybe hitched a ride with the Jesus ship? Or really I thought I heard he was on a temporary post ban

Why? what happened? I heard something like that happened just haven't heard the rest of the story (both sides).

Mr. D.....

I know what BIONICLE ALEX is doing.

He's abusing me on my profile page.

You might be interested in having a look.....I'm not sure as to the point he is trying to make.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 14-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Format

Exscuse me??

I just klicked the link you provided, and it directed to MY profile?

Edit: Oh I got it now!
edit on 19-10-2010 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

It's simply the wrong link, provided by Maybe....maybe not. It directs you to your OWN profile page.

You may click on his profile, on his screenname, to see to what he is referring.......

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh yes, thank you! I just understood that must have been the case. Very confusing at first, though. I thought, "What? Am I a suspect?
"

LoL.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

what an idiot. Who is going to believe a guy that eats mashed potatos drinks a mountain dew and smokes a cigarette while talking about aliens. If anything thr guy in the video is a massive douchebag.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

Pleased be advised that there are no giant spaceships currently moving towards earth. I have access to VERY powerful telescopes and there is no evidence of spaceship movement.

If this should change I will alert everyone on ATS

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Until the 21st we have no conformation of lies.

2ND LINE.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join