It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philly Cops Go Wild On Citizens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
www.infowars.com...

How long before police departments around the country demand cell phone cameras be made illegal?

this is unbelievable....how long can this go on and how much worse can it get? this is happening all the time and there seems to be nothing we can do about it. these cops are animals. they beat this person senseless and kept on....are there any answers. how much longer can we let these animals do this to people. once they outlaw cameras its gonna be a full on bloodbath on us. this is my opinion of course but it really hurts my soul when i see something like this.

edit on 17-9-2010 by Funkydung because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
How many indept cops does it take to restrain one drunk guy ??

The world will never know.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Poor guy. Was that blood on that officer's shirt?

Am I the only one that really felt like beating those cops to sh*t and helping that guy out? I know that's a stupid idea, but you can't help feeling sorry for him.

I'd understand if he was a murder, rapist, paedophile or something serious, but a drunk guy? That's just not right.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

“If you stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss stares back at you.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Very disturbing. The cops were clearly not in control of their emotions. Very unstable.

edit on 17-9-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Cops on Camera
We all have to deal with the opportunities and challenges presented by widespread video technology. The same is true for police. But law enforcement might prefer that cameras not be a part of their interactions with citizens. Citizens should have the right to record their interactions with police and police should be required to record their most intense interactions with citizens. The video features attorneys David Rittgers and Clark Neily and journalist Radley Balko.

www.infowars.com...

the way i see it is that it really doesnt matter if the cops are being recorded or not they are gonna do what they are gonna do because they know nothing is going to happen to them and that is way beyond comprehension to me. they get off with no punishment no matter what they do. like i asked before...are there any answers to this problem or are things just going to get worse? because if there are no answers things will get worse. to me what was happening to the man in the first video is what i consider torture right out in the open. anytime someone is beaten like that or like any other of the hundreds of videos we see daily it is considered torture in my eyes. i really just cant believe this is happening. the thing is nothing is done about it. i just really wish something would happen to these cops that do this. if there was justice involved then i wouldnt feel as bad but there isnt any.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
The one cop was not able to control his emotions.

Couldn't agree more, despite and no matter not being aware of what transpired before the video clip begins.

Absolutely no justifiable reason to continue batoning the guy throughout, he wasn't being combative nor was he posing a threat to the officer doing so.

Personally, I observed Quite a bit of sheer and utter incompetency throughout the video. From the two officers physically attempting to restrain/cuff the individual to the female officer who kept leaning in to put her cuffs on him. Just cuff the one arm, spin him round, face down, and do the other. What's so hard about that? ... at 3:1

Not a good showing on the face of the Philly PD

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
What was the point of the cop unhosltering his weapon? He was obviously using it as a threat to the people around him. Isn't that illegal? Wouldn't you and I go to jail for threatening people with a gun? The guy filming was dead on when he said brandishing. Those cops should be behind bars.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Sigh....

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,]
................./......................................................,:`^`..]
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........[.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,],.~”;/....]
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....]............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........].>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
What was the point of the cop unhosltering his weapon? He was obviously using it as a threat to the people around him. Isn't that illegal? Wouldn't you and I go to jail for threatening people with a gun? The guy filming was dead on when he said brandishing. Those cops should be behind bars.

He is reminding them that he is required
to shoot one of them rather than loose control of his peice in a mob situation.
For the rest of his life he has to answer to the Judge no matter what the world thinks is important right now.

David Grouchy

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
contemporary police forces train in this manner now for a reason, and its not for "their own" or "your own" safety.

infact its not for safety at all, they are actually counting on people video taping this and showing it to all their friends. they will let the problem get worse and worse until it comes to a boiling point where the public will demand something be done.

thats their cue to introduce their "fix" to the "problem".

Closed Circuit Television, in all public places.

and everybody will want it. we'll be just like england.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Philly is a rough town. Really rough. A lot of the neighborhoods are like combat zones. The cops have to come from tough stock or they get chewed up in that city. But what was captured on that film ... YIKES. That's not being tough. That's old fashioned being out of control. And a Philly cop can't afford to be out of control, not even for one minute. It puts everyone in danger .. both civilian and law enforcement alike.

new topics

top topics

join