It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and the Vatican......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Came across this press release today and thought it was interesting.

Intelligent aliens 'would be God's children'

"According to the Pope's astronomer, any intelligent aliens living elsewhere in the universe should be considered God's children - no matter what they look like. Brother Guy Consolmagno, who speaks at the British Science Festival at Aston University, Birmingham, tomorrow, said: "Going back to the Middle Ages, the definition of a soul is to have intelligence, free will, freedom to love or not to love, freedom to make decisions...

"Any entity - no matter how many tentacles it has - has a soul."

news.eircom.net...

I know this guy has commented on alien life before, but I think comments like this from the 'Pope's astronomer' are bizzare. I can only come up with 2 possible reasons for a story like this.

1. The Vatican have lost the plot and are trying to get followers from all communitys even the UFO community.
or
2. The Vatican are aware of Alien life forms.

So, which is it? Is the Vatican already full of aliens. Or are they protecting their flock from an upcoming disclosure?

I really cant get my head around commentary and language like this coming from the Vatican.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think they knew all along but are timing this disclosure to the current time line interactions. Atleast they are speaking up now

edit on 9/17/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

2. The Vatican are aware of Alien life forms.

I'm not a Christian nor from any religion out there, but I pick number "Two" what I have been saying all along? and the problem is? time is passing fast, I posted yesterday a new discovery on one of my post but hey who cares right? Those dirty bastards in the Vatican have their reason for this, did I mentioned they have an ET cemetery in the Vatican's basement in one of their bulks? Yep is truth.

Iluminati knows Yeshua is coming, which of you is geting caught off guard? Do you know what to do in the end of day's? are you ready?

What will you say to Yeshua when he ask you, "what did you do with your time?" Would you blame Alex Jones for giving you the tasks that doesn't matter? Hmmmm!

edit on 17-9-2010 by BIONICLE ALEX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think it's just them addressing an issue and setting up a moral guideline that states not discriminate or behave in a hostile way towards other sentient lifeforms ( if they exist ).

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gsup1
I think it's just them addressing an issue and setting up a moral guideline that states not discriminate or behave in a hostile way towards other sentient lifeforms ( if they exist ).

But they are so stubborn, so strict, so unwilling to change, why are they addressing something that many people find trivial.

You have them describing alien life forms as 'Gods children' . They seem to be giving more respect to bloody aliens than say, homosexuals?

Its just a little surprising to me. I have very little respect left for the Vatican. I had also being coming to the opinion that it may be possible that aliens did not exist and many people wanted them to exsist purely as another form of a 'saviour' that can save them from life here on earth. Then this story comes up from invovlving both, isn't that just typical?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BIONICLE ALEX

I am torn between whether they do actaully have a wealth of hidden knowledge or are just as dumb of the rest of us.

(One of the archbishops was addressing the Pope in the Uk earlier and mentioned about the 'illumination' in our lives. When he used the word it sent a bit of a chill through me.)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I think they are (prematurely perhaps) trying to move the discussion from possibility of aliens and the speculation in that, to the probability of aliens and how it shouldn't remove the significance of religion.

This is the attempt to twist the bible into significance as the world advances and evolves. If the vatican, or any other religion, stood firm on no life elsewhere in the universe...the entire religion would completely and totally collapse the moment life was found elsewhere...even by things like the hubble examining a planet and seeing artificial signals, or seti, etc...

It would be highly irresponsible not to put out some insurance, especially since almost daily, warning shots are coming across the bow.

I see this as both a positive and a negative...

the positive is that we may see a more moderate and open religious community wake up around the world...but the negative aspect is that religion may live long past its expiration date should they successfully nullify the previous notions...

can you imagine missionarys going out into space to try and talk about Jesus to some ETs halfway across the galaxy...how egotistical and presumptious we would appear to that species...

yes, our little planet is totally special...your planet sucks because God didn't visit yours.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Im starting to wonder if they realize there is no choice and that they are in the thick of it with the rest of us LOWER HUMANS AS THEY CONSIDER SMH. And now they are trying to come clean WASH THEIR SOULS ON HIGHSPEED WASH so they can pass judgment as well...

edit on 9/17/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

can you imagine missionarys going out into space to try and talk about Jesus to some ETs halfway across the galaxy...how egotistical and presumptious we would appear to that species...

yes, our little planet is totally special...your planet sucks because God didn't visit yours.

You think that might be the case? What if any ET out there can tech us one or two things about Yahweh and Yeshua.

Revelation mentions in the new days humans will have new scrolls that will be open, I'm guessing a new Bible that might be, or in other words, a new instruction book for our eternal life here on earth.

edit on 17-9-2010 by BIONICLE ALEX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Your reaction was legit, thats your spirit and your guts telling you, something is wrong.

Thanks for sharing that with us brother.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I mean the reason they don't have respect for homosexuals, is because they do not agree with Christian philosophy and neither does it agree with Judaic or Islamic principles. However, they are not advocating the death of homosexuals. They simply do not consider it a Biblically moral lifestyle. That is their right to think that as long as they do not kill people for that belief.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Yes, the last point you make is rather disturbing.

The more I dwell on this the more I come to believe that they would not even be addressing this issue unless they had some information pertaining to other lifeforms.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gsup1
I mean the reason they don't have respect for homosexuals, is because they do not agree with Christian philosophy and neither does it agree with Judaic or Islamic principles. However, they are not advocating the death of homosexuals. They simply do not consider it a Biblically moral lifestyle. That is their right to think that as long as they do not kill people for that belief.

I am not gay. Every so often the vatican come out with a few lines basically condemning homosexuality. They very often do this around Christmas and they just did it again before the pope arrived in England. There is nothing positive or spiritual in this action. They are merely helping people who hate homosexuals feel comfortable with this prejudice and they are trying to fill homosexuals with guilt. This commentary is also very uncomfortable for familys that have someone gay in them. The only outcome from this commentary is negative. This is not a chrisitan action in my opinion.

top topics

join