It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart to hold "Restoring Sanity" 10-28-10 Washington D.C. to mock 9/11 truthers, anti social

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Making fun of Glenn Beck, whatever, but the things he said about the 9/11 truth movement struck a nerve.

dungeondiary.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I tried to find the vid on youtube but it is at the link in the op.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
You can watch it here:
www.thedailyshow.com...

I think the idea is pretty great, but you can hear the enthusiasm of the audience die down a little the two times he mocks 9/11 truth. It's interesting... I think 9/11 truth may be more mainstream than the media is aware or would like to admit.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
John is no different than Beck or the other popular TV personalities. They play both sides of the fence for entertainment or conflict, simply for ratings. They could really care a less just as long as that network paycheck keeps rolling in.

edit on 17-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: add

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AzoriaCorp

I disagree, I think it's quite obvious that John cares, and is just as sickened by the fear monger rhetoric as most of us are.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I get the impression that Stewart cares. In my opinion he has some of the most insightful commentary on how insane this country has become with the 24 hour news stations.

His job is to show how crazy and hypocritical the pundits and politicians are, which he does brilliantly.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp
John is no different than Beck or the other popular TV personalities. They play both sides of the fence for entertainment or conflict, simply for ratings. They could really care a less just as long as that network paycheck keeps rolling in.

edit on 17-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: add

Hmmmm, well John is on a network called comedy central, he doesn't claim to be all knowing or an expert. Beck, is on an self proclaimed "fair and balanced" news network, and will never admit he is wrong and claims to know alot.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think this guy/gal beat us both to the punch.

www.abovetopsecret.com

I've notified the mods to close my thread too.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

I disagree, I think it's quite obvious that John cares, and is just as sickened by the fear monger rhetoric as most of us are.

If the network told him to talk about how well Prez O was doing, I bet he'd say "when and how?"

Only 25% of the country trusts the government. Prez O has a 41% approval rating. Its a common trend in America to bash its leaders. It generates ratings when you go with the current trend.

Comedy Central is a business for entertainment. Its not CNN or Fox News.

I guess overall he might care, but hopefully he cares for the right reasons.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

I thought the idea of the rally was hilarious, like carrying picket signs that say, "I disagree with you but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler."

In all that I missed the snide remark about Truthers. I'm not surprised. I'm not crazy about Maher because, though I agree with him on many issues, I find him snide and superior. I guess all political pundits on tv are in one way or another.

The Truther comments remind me of the man who President Obama was about to nominate for a post in his administration about a year ago. When it was widely circulated that the candidate had merely signed a petition asking for more investigation into 9/11 there was a public uproar and Obama dropped him as a nominee (I can't remember the man's name but I will try to find it and post it later).

Gosh. Losing a job just because you ask for more information? The majority will always marginalize the minority I guess. It's a sad state of affairs in a country that supposedly values freedom of speech. And thought.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I watch the Daily Show because.. it's funny, as do most people.

People watch the GB show for facts. See the problem there?

top topics

join