It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the stars?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
even on a night that looks clear, i only see a couple of stars, but when i was in the pacific islands, the sky would be full of them, very beautiful.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

You might find this interesting
www.universetoday.com...
It explains the between geomagnetic reversal and polar shift

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Oh, I'd say it is 100% certain odds that it will be there again tomorrow night....and every night for the foreseeable future. (At least your lifetimes, PLUS. About 10,000 years....)

Remember that Polaris is quite dim. Make sure your eyes are well dark-adapted, and there's minimal light pollution in your vicinity.

For any casual readers who may not have seen this (not sure if it was put into thread yet), here's a helpful diagram to aid in locating the "North Star":

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7bfbab6a5004.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's another article:

www.indepthinfo.com...

And, for all of our friends well down near the Equator (and "below") you are just out of luck, sorry!!

But, of course, YOU have views of the sky that we can't see (until making the voyage to the Southern hemisphere).

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

www.universetoday.com...

Thank you for the link you sent I will check it out now -
Just an aside here - The best view of the night sky I have ever seen was one night in the pitch black whilst in the Algarve in Portugal. The Milky Way looked as clear as a Hubble shot - sattelites were easily picked out as well as the many glorious features of the Milky Way -
My friend and I layed on our backs gazing upwards for ages spellbound. We so very rarely see such things due to light pollution in the UK

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Speedforhire

Its here in Scotland, seen it last night ! never seen any weird shape in the moon these past nights either,

Second line

Wee Mad

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

www.universetoday.com...

Thank you for that link once more which I have now read and am still absorbing.
It is a well balanced and researched article

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A couple nights ago, the moon was unnaturally bright, large, and yellow.

About 5 years ago, the same thing happened, except the moon was 4 times larger, rather than above, where it was 2 times bigger.

An annual 5-year event of some alien race?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

well it was obviously another star then thanks

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
N. star still there tonight. WW's diagram on how to find it is pretty neat. I'm going to keep looking though because these sorts of things have happened before; just not in recent history. I'm reminded of a very old old saying, "...should the Pleiades rise in spring, the world will go on for another year..." The moon is still flat between 4 and 5 o'clock. As I was returning from work before sunset, I saw that quite clearly in the daylight sky. Now the moon is so bright it's difficult to make out but it can still be seen. Maybe in some distance future our time will be referred to as "The days of the odd shaped moon."

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Since 2004 or 2005 I've noticed that the moon is oblong or egg-shaped easily noticeable when it's full. It's favored in being elongated from the 11 o'clock position towards the 5 o'clock position. I have been reluctant even scratching my head on this and it's refreshing to see others posting on this.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Ummm what exactly did the moon look like? Can anyone do a simple drawing and post it? Or just a description?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join