It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic clerics responsible for African polio outbreak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
"West and Central Africa is on the brink of the largest polio epidemic in recent years, experts have warned.

The Global Polio Eradication Initiative says thousands of children are at risk of paralysis."

A western plot to render Muslim women infertile? Adulterated oral vaccines? No, just another sad chapter in the unhappy lives of the people of this continent.

news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Multiply this scenario times one thousand and we begin to get a picture of how many people on this planet are suffering because they have no voice to speak for them. AIDS, famine, drought, all these natural disasters are happening daily.

Then thow in the man-made problems -genocide, war, oppression, and it gets very depressing.

These clerics are using their station in life to control the people. They are liars and are responsible for much suffering.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
It is not just in Africa and it is not limited to Muslims. Many people in the U.S. do not vacicinate thier children because of of irational fears.

I am sure that some of them even post here.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
All that you say is true. There's more on it here -

www.news24.com...

The number of orphans in southern Africa is expected to reach a staggering 20 million by 2010.

Hopefully, the polio vaccine programme will continue when fresh supplies are brought in from Indonesia. The people only have their faith to live by, so I guess the clerics have all the say in the matter.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
20 million orphans. Incredible. That is the population of a good sized state.

This from your link:

Morris blamed Aids, food insecurity and a weakened capacity for governance on the crisis, saying that the numbers of trained professionals that were dying of the Aids virus was creating a "human resources vacuum" across the region.

I had heard that many Africans refused to use birth control (condoms) because they considered them "unmanly". I would think this was a result of poor or no education. But trained professionals? That I don't understand.

:shk:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Funny, thats the way, our people killed alot of the Indians. I see a trend.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Reminds of when the Pope goes to Africa of South America and tells people not to use condoms. These religions (Christianity, Islam, etc.) can really screw up people's lives sometimes.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Reminds of when the Pope goes to Africa of South America and tells people not to use condoms. These religions (Christianity, Islam, etc.) can really screw up people's lives sometimes.

Ya so they can all die of aids.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I hadn't noticed the anomaly in the Morris quote re "trained professionals", jsobecky. Now I'm wondering if these are "home-grown" professionals, as that would seem a possible explanation.

So much suffering caused by the religious dogma of those in power. It's like they want their followers to go forth & multiply so that AIDS will spread & polio epidemics will strike the children.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Does it surprise anyone that Religions would prefer to keep their worshipers dumb, poor, and pregnant? Look at it from the Churches point of view, advocating birth control is the same as turning away converts. The Churches (any of them) want to make sure the next generation of gullable sheep is there waiting to be fleeced.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
In this case, I think that it is the clerics trying to gain and maintain control over the populace. They are saying "Do not use the vaccine provided by the evil UN, it will make your women sterile. We will provide you with safe and reliable vaccine, from Indonesia".

Thus the populace sees the clerics as having saved their lives, and are much easier to influence in the future.

Ironically, the same laboratories may have made both batches of vaccine.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
this was discussed in thread earlier this year, it will add quite a bit to this current discussion

The Nigerian Connection

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thanks so much for pointing me to the earlier ATS discussion, World Watcher.

Hamilton put forth an idea there that vaccination may be a two-edged sword, & that natural immunity, born of those surviving an epidemic, is a better method. I'm not so sure in this case. Polio is a killer, & with modern air travel today, I can imagine this disease breaking out in other parts of the world.

And the fact that the present situation was mentioned on Fox New four months ago - well that is a real worry.

I know that America spends more on foreign aid than any other country, correct me if I'm wrong. And I vaguely remember one Pope visiting, was it a poor Sth American country, to spread his doctrine to the seething masses many years ago.

Yes, the African people in question are poor & lack education. It seems that our hands are tied.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This is a little off topic but has anyone heard of the doctors that have be caught injecting people with the Aids virus on purpose.....? Like small children and stuff? If so maybe you could start a new topic and tell the story cause I missed most of the news report
OHH as for this tragedy well not a big surprise to me I figure all of the dark skin people of the world will be hung from the highest tree in secret or like the old daze publicly sooner of later! What a SAD, EVIL WORLD we live in!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Updating this topic - things are hopefully improving now.

Nigeria restarts polio campaign Nigeria is one of six countries where polio is endemic The northern Nigerian state of Kano has resumed polio vaccinations after an 11-month ban that threatened to undermine world efforts to eradicate the disease. The immunisation programme was halted last August because of fears by local Muslim scholars that vaccines were contaminated as part of a US plot.

Officials there are confident that the new vaccines [imported from Indonesia] are safe, & in a show of confidence, the governor publicly administered the oral vaccine to his own child.

news.bbc.co.uk...

According to United Nations officials, the scene is now set to eliminate polio from the whole world now.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Historically, the WHO has given third world peoples contaminated stock, old stock of both oral and injected vaccine that was contaminated with a monkey virus that causes cancer.

Other vaccine problems include multiple virus injections that include mercury as an indicator for autism statistics, and an assault on the early immune system with overload and contraindications.

Once the trust of people erodes, it is very difficult to convince people without continuous sampling and testing of actual stocks during the process of vaccination to check comprehensively for problems. Second and third opinions from objective third parties must be in place before seriously recovering the trust of people. Bad vaccination practices must be viewed with the same seriousness as contaminated needles, otherwise governments will never recover from their downslide from credibility. There are no trade offs, nor "acceptable risks," where world wide health and good involves a higher standard of truthfulness.

What was once trust and truth has now become suspicion based on knowledge, not ignorance based upon authority. The idea "trust but verify," has never been more important to our world, especially where health and well being is sacrosanct.

�Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.�

Comment:
The peripheral attack on religion, rather than redirecting to the objective science of the matter, is no valid nor sound logic and no argument to support the authentic and verified facts of the issue.

[edit on 31-7-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I know what you're saying there, Skip Shipman. I actually rather hoped that this viewpoint might emerge in this discussion.

I remember reading a very credible theory several years ago regarding the origin of the AIDS virus. The theory propounded that certain vaccines made from monkey tissue, had been accidentally improperly stored by the World Health Organisation. This factor allowed the crossing of the blood-brain species "barrier", which created a retro-virus that we know as AIDS.
And this theory also said that AIDS was "born" after some mass vaccination programme had been carried out in Africa.

top topics

join