It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sealand skull photos released

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

looks almost cast out of resin, like you get for putting in your fish tank

Wee Mad

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Aggie Man.....

Based on my viewing of many, many skulls.....& for that matter..... many, many hoaxes.....

I think this is a hoax.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Looks like a wood carving to me.

That's my opinion anyway.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Star because I love it.
How much are they and where can I buy one?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

What?!

Your saying an alien skull is a hoax, because what...it's form doesn't match a homo sapien's skull?

That's backwards logic mate, even if there is a resemblance to us in it's structure.

Does a sharks skull and tooth arrangement mirror ours? Even though we both developed on the same planet, are based on carbon and DNA, yet are as similar as chalk and cheese.

How you can say it's a fake, based on teeth that appear joined, or that the orientation and appearance of it's sutures (zig-zag lines) is different to ours is..incredible to be honest.

You imagine an ET would follow an exact evolutionary path to our own do you?

What of intelligent design?
It's been widely speculated that these large eyed 'Grey' type ET's may be a genetically engineered species, the features we see could be designed to be the way they are, for specific reasons known only to the designers.

I'm astounded that anyone would call a hoax on this simply because it doesn't follow exactly the same developmental or organisation structures as skeletal remains of hominids from Earth.

If it is an ET skull...the obvious clue to it being different is in the 'E.T.' part of ET skull!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by weemadmental

looks almost cast out of resin, like you get for putting in your fish tank

Wee Mad

If it was made out of resin, i would imagine they would have noticed when they dated the remains mate.

Carbon 14 dating at the Niels Bohr Institute (University of Copenhagen) in Copenhagen has shown that the creature lived between 1200 and 1280 AD.

This is a serious research establishment, not some bloke in his garage with a PH test kit.
They do work for NASA's Kepler planet finding mission among other prestigious areas. I really don't think these people would have missed a resin cast or a fake skull during the analysis, do you?

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

The researchers who in 2008 examined the skull at the Veterinarian High School in Copenhagen merely concluded that “Although resembling a mammal, certain features make it impossible to fit the animal into Linnaean taxonomy”.

Thats what I read on the link...'Veterinarian High School in Copenhagen"

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Yes, it was initially researched at the veterinary college (they probably thought it was some obscure kind of animal at first), but the C14 dating was done at the Niels Bohr Institute, at the University.

Here's a link to their website.

www.nbi.ku.dk...

I'm having a gander at it, looking for confirmation of the testing.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Very nice skull. But yes, its too good to be true, you all know that

Another thing is, that its from Denmark, but I havent heard anything about it? Now I get some random site, telling me a story from Denmark, that NONE of us have heard.

EhmEhm....

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by MR BOB

What?!

Your saying an alien skull is a hoax, because what...it's form doesn't match a homo sapien's skull?

That's backwards logic mate, even if there is a resemblance to us in it's structure.

Does a sharks skull and tooth arrangement mirror ours? Even though we both developed on the same planet, are based on carbon and DNA, yet are as similar as chalk and cheese.

How you can say it's a fake, based on teeth that appear joined, or that the orientation and appearance of it's sutures (zig-zag lines) is different to ours is..incredible to be honest.

You imagine an ET would follow an exact evolutionary path to our own do you?

What of intelligent design?
It's been widely speculated that these large eyed 'Grey' type ET's may be a genetically engineered species, the features we see could be designed to be the way they are, for specific reasons known only to the designers.

I'm astounded that anyone would call a hoax on this simply because it doesn't follow exactly the same developmental or organisation structures as skeletal remains of hominids from Earth.

If it is an ET skull...the obvious clue to it being different is in the 'E.T.' part of ET skull!

Well said!

I was wondering if it may have been an earlier incarnation of an E.T. Be it because they were still tweaking their genetic engineering processes or because at that time in their development, that's what they needed from a skull.

I'm not 100% sure that the skull is real, but it's no reason to cease our speculation and have some fun with the topic...or am I the only person around here who enjoys that kind of thing nowadays?

Rev

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

You're not the only one revmoofoo,

I enjoy this stuff too. I don't enjoy the nonsense offered by the skeptics though, but it's the rough with the smooth i suppose.

Assuming the C14 and analysis at the University of Copenhagen is legit (i've not found mention of it on their website...yet), this skull (unlike the 'starchild' skull) can in no way, in a rational and sensible way at least, be seriously attributed to some kind of human deformity or other.

Unless you include deformity brought about by deliberate, genetic manipulations of humans (hybridization of hominids) of course.

It is the quintessential 'Grey' ET archetype. Whether the 'Grey's' ultimately turn out to be ET, an unknown and advanced species living and developing in parallel with us here on Earth under our noses all the while, or some type of dimensional traveler, one thing is for certain, the being this skull once belonged to, is what is known to us as a Grey alien.

It brings up masses of interesting questions doesn't it.

Imagining this being when alive, especially if it was alive around the dark - middle ages time period, it would be easy to imagine that their species gave rise to the legends of flying demons and imps, djins, goblins and so on . (look at the canines!)

Their large eyes, if their species followed a similar evolutionary process to some of Earths cave or subterranean dwellers, would also lend support to these things being the root of demon legends, as they would most likely be living underground, and be nocturnal. (Hell is thought to be where demons originate, and happens to be underground)

The screams of the 'damned souls' in the fiery depths of 'hell', often mentioned in religious and classic literature, could also have it's root in the sounds and noises of advanced machinery and workings emanating from underground dwellings, where these beings may/used to inhabit.

There is much we can speculate on here.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Although reported to have been found in mid 2007, this has remained generally unreported until 2010.

So, it's not unusual you / we haven't heard about it until now.

I live in England, yet i've no clue what my local University is working on behind their closed doors either.
I'd only learn about any research going on, if it's published or made known about wouldn't i.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'd say a deffo fake, found this post on the unexplained site that basically proves its an altered model.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Great Skull

Almost to perfect .. except the holes cracks behind the eyes hole
especially the left one ..it seem pretty old but still in a good outside structure
the most hardest(1.5 centimeter) part are located outside where you see the white

Alien skull bones have been speculated to have a better quality.than normal human
...the reason on why it is so perfect
The scientists .. did they analyse it up ??

like this one:

so i can say .. both skull can be real .. but also hoax .. we can underestimate the chances
im skeptic to them but also open minded to the idea .. that these are 2 different alien species skull
they can be a million years old or a thousand yrs old ... the quality of the bones makes the difference

edit on 9/20/2010 by Ben81 because: S&F

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

After analysing your pictures that i didnt see in the first place
the teeths are odd in general
and you have vampire teeths ...

its 99% a hoax until the scientific conslusion
then it will be 100%

i hate hoax they ruin the credibility of all debatable subjects

edit on 9/20/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

Originally posted by davespanners
I'm 50/50 on this being fake it does look rather well preserved and I can't see a single missing tooth which seems a bit odd to me
However even if it's not fake there are people alive right this minute that have very strange skull shapes through physical deformity caused by genetic disorders like progeria.

I suspect that it is a fake. However, for the sake of argument, let's say it's not fake. If it's not fake, then we need to find a genetic disorder that causes enormous eye sockets. I am not aware of one, although that does not mean that such a disorder does not exist.

Marty Feldman. Although not sure his condition was ever diagnosed as a disorder, he made a career out of huge eye sockets.

I'm still inclinded to think it's a movie prop.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
An alien that just happens to have 32 teeth, just like all hominims. The real giveaway is the canine tooth. Not only does it look like it was put in backwards (it slants the wrong way), it also has no corresponding socket on the mandible. You may as well call this Piltdown Man II. Nice job, but whoever did this does not have a degree in paleo-anthropology or he would have done better with the details.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
An alien that just happens to have 32 teeth, just like all hominims. The real giveaway is the canine tooth. Not only does it look like it was put in backwards (it slants the wrong way), it also has no corresponding socket on the mandible. You may as well call this Piltdown Man II. Nice job, but whoever did this does not have a degree in paleo-anthropology or he would have done better with the details.

what a pity the university don't have you! look at them, wasting their time and you have the answer right there. Silly academics.... have you tried emailing them? maybe they can move onto something more useful?

I'm damn sure they'd know about your theory in the first instance and must've discounted it as a possibility?

edit on 20-9-2010 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4be68a49f0ce.jpg[/atsimg]
Image credit: Anton Spangenberg

SOURCE: www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

I could see how some might interpret or prematurely conclude this skull to be that of a small Grey alien. However, since this is a 'sealand skull' I would be more inclined to presume it is one of a breed of monkey based on the shape. It's even possible this skull is from an extinct specie of monkey (probably nocturnal due to the size of the eye sockets). It's fun to think it could be alien, but in reality, I am sticking with "probably a monkey".

edit on 9/21/2010 by Nivcharah because: edit typo.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
reply to post by CynicalM

Yes, it was initially researched at the veterinary college (they probably thought it was some obscure kind of animal at first), but the C14 dating was done at the Niels Bohr Institute, at the University.

Here's a link to their website.

www.nbi.ku.dk...

I'm having a gander at it, looking for confirmation of the testing.

Unless there are names of the researchers that did the research and C14 testing in the papers that they claim authenticate the skull and did the testing its fake.
Its common for scammers to claim that there fakes have been authenticated by some high sounding university.
But when they don't list the people that did the authenticating so some one with a quick internet search to see if the person/s really exist in most cases the story in fake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join