It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police: 5 arrested in alleged threat to pope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

UK Police: 5 arrested in alleged threat to pope

www.rawstory.com

An alleged threat to Pope Benedict XVI led to the pre-dawn arrests of five men in London on Friday on the second day of the pontiff's trip to Britain, police said. The Vatican said the pope was calm and so far planned no changes to his schedule.

The men, between the ages of 26 and 50, were detained under the Terrorism Act at a business in central London. They are being questioned at a London police station and have not been charged. Police said an initial search of the business and other prop
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I wonder how much truth is in this accusation and if it was a "set-up" by the authorities, as they tend to do here in the States.

It's hard for me to believe that any movement that is organized enough to seriously threaten the Pope in any kind of tactful plan, would be doing so for some kind of political gain. Of course it isn't beyond the relm of possibility, though knowing the tactics of TPTB, I wouldn't put it past them if the accusations and any institgated plan was the result of a political agenda, as opposed to those who are being accused. I just don't see how either killing the Pope could benefit anyone politically, though I certainly see how the very accusations could.

--airspoon

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Thes guys are apparently Algerian, but living in the UK. The obvious link will be to Al Qaeda in some form or another. Apparently the Police acted very quickly, arresting them straight away after receiving the information, rather than carrying out any sort of surveillance.

I think the political points would be scored not by assassinating the Pope per se, but rather assassinating the Pope in the UK, rather like striking at the heart of our democracy by bombing the Houses of Parliament or similar building.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join