It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reports of humanoid creatures at the malta hypogeum?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   
If I could afford to go to Malta I would personally investigate this but because I cant here is what I suggest.

Because this topic is one of much intrigue and mystery I believe that someone should start a research project on it in the research forums.
In addition if some people actually have the opportunity to visit the hypogeum they should but only with other people, never alone.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
True or not you all have to admit it was a good read!

I personally am inclined to believe it. It sounds solid and I've heard other stories of underground hostile creatures (although not hairy)

If anyone goes to Malta with a decent camera be sure to post back details as often as possible.

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I find it curious that these underground humanoids were covered in fur. The description, while limited in scope, could possibly point to the hair covered humanoid sightings around the globe. The theory or legend hints of an "underground" network of tunnels. Other legends depict several entrances to this network spread around the globe - one of which I think was supposed to be in Washington state (Mount Shasta???).

Hmmmmm..........

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Someone should up a camera in that cave..

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Okay, that gave me the chills. Very good find. I'm not familier with the Island of Malta. I should look it up. I assume from the post that its near Italy, right?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Okay, that gave me the chills. Very good find. I'm not familier with the Island of Malta. I should look it up. I assume from the post that its near Italy, right?

Yup. Between Italy and Libya/Tunisia. (Was a big staging area for the allies in WW2.)

Wikipedia entry on Malta.

Wikipedia entry specifcally for the Hypogeum of Ħal-Saflieni

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There's a guy on the web who runs a site called 'Haunted Malta' or something similar. He lives in Malta now and is a photographer. He says on his site that many of the buildings located on street corners contain a small niche in which statuettes of saints, etc. are placed .... to ward off less than holy creatures. Apparently, the niches pre-date the Knights of Malta, who were involved in goodness knows what over there, for quite some time.

The guy from Malta recounts on his site a frightening incident that took place when he was in his late teens, involving a large dog that appeared at one of the crossroad junctions. If I can find the site again, I'll post it.

One of the more interesting facts I uncovered in my little Malta search several weeks ago, was an online claim (by someone originally from Malta) that it is against the law in Malta to engage in paranormal research ! Don't know if it's true, but if so, it may account for the dearth of online information about Maltese paranormal. Frustrating, trying to find much at all about the spooky side of Malta, because when you look at the location and antiquity of the place, it's clear the place must be *steeped* in fascinating occult lore.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Found the site referred to in my previous post:
www.freewebs.com... Dog at the Crossroads...

Story One, from the above site:

' Before I got married, I used to live in a groundfloor flat in Triq il-Gdida (New Street), Luqa, together with my parents and my younger brother who is 3 years my junior. This story takes us back to when I was still 19 years old, back in 1991. Back then I still did not have a car of my own, and I still made use of minivans or other transport to come back home from Malta's nightlife area...Paceville in St. Julians.

It was around 1230am when me and my friend Patrick had just arrived in Luqa from Paceville. I remember Patrick used to live in the area behind Luqa Government Primary School on St. Andrew Street, and I had the option of the van dropping him off there then dropping me off closer to my home further up down the road.

However, I opted to be dropped off at his stop and just chat a bit and smoke another cigarette together before making my way off home (which was only a matter of 3 minutes walk). We spent another 15 minutes talking and enjoying the gentle summernight's breeze, then said our farewells and I proceeded down my street.

Now to give you a brief description of the area, I was walking down New Street and lived close to the petrol station and football club on the same street, meaning I had to cross an intersection where to my left St Paul Street leads up to the main village square, and to my right Misrah iz-Zghazagh led on to Luqa Playing Field.

Just a few paces before crossing the intersection, I could hear one of the strangest sounds that I have ever heard in my whole life. Even the mere fact of remembering what it sounded like, and what I went through on that night, still sends shivers sown my whole body up to this day. It was the sound of a howling dog, yet intermixed and twingled with each howl there was also the sound of a baby's cries. A spine-chilling sound, each time the howl came, came also the cry.

I stopped in my steps and tried to figure out where the sound was emanating from, and I could easily say it was coming from to my right somewhere from near the swings/playing field. I then carried on, and started to cross the intersection, whilst I could still hear the horrible gut-wrenching sound.

My brain (or fear) told me to look forward and just keep on crossing, yet my heart and conscience (or my curiosity) told me to stop and look to my right. And that is what I did....

As soon as I got to the other side of the road, meaning I was standing on New Street corner with Misrah iz-Zaghzagh, I looked to my right...

What I saw there and then still baffles (scares the # out of) me up to this day. Right in the middle of the playing field I could see a large black dog, jet black, with pointed ears and resembling a Great Dane in shape....however with a pointed muzzle and much much bigger than a Great Dane in size.

It was in the sitting position, at a 90 degree angle to me, meaning that I could see its right flank. It had its head pointing up to the sky and then it....howled! With the howl I could hear the nerve-twisting sound of a baby's cry again....and again, while it howled again.

I stood transfixed there in my position, for a whole duration of 30 seconds or so, during which it howled three times, and each time giving out that horrible sound like I had never heard before....

Suddenly, it turned its head towards me and what I saw next horrified me even more. It was NOT the reflection from some light bulb in its eyes....it was not the effect an animal's retina has when a bright light or flash is shone into its eyes....

Its eyes were a glowing red...the brightest, scariest kind of deep red that I have ever laid my eyes on. We had both our eyes looking int eachother's for around 2 seconds or so, when it let out another howl while still holding its gaze onto me, then woke up off its hind legs.....

I then remember making a dash for it. I still had another 30 or so metres to go before reaching the front door of our apartment block. I then fumbled for the keys in my pocket, while looking at the corner I was standing on just moments before, expecting to see that beast turn around the corner anytime now.

I could still hear it howl again, whilst I opened the door and closed it behind me, then opened the door to our flat.

I remember I was scared as scared could be, with cold sweat coming out of each of the millions of pores around my body. I then proceeded to my mother's bedroom and woke her up, trying to tell her what had happened to me....she just told me to go to bed and not drink too much anymore!!

When I entered my bedroom, my brother was fast asleep. Our bedroom window led onto the backyard, and it was wide open due to the heat.

...And there it came again, the horrible howl...I could still hear the howls from my bedroom....I jumped into bed, and pulled the sheets over my head....

About a minute or so later I heard my brother call out: "Will, will....are you awake?" to which I replied in the affirmative.

He then asked me,"Will, can you hear this strange noise? Can you hear them too? I can't sleep, they're too scary..."

To which I remember then giving my brother a brief description of what had just happened to me....

We both lay in our beds, listening to the howls. I remember it was around 2:00am when they finally stopped coming through our window.

On the following day, 3 persons from Luqa died in accidents, in separate occasions.

Had I seen what our ancestors used to call "il-Wahx"?
In various villages around Malta, one can find niches with statues of various saints at various crossroads. Legend has it that these were built on purpose to ward of the "Wahx".
Many people say that the wahx (pronounced uuaahhsh), is the harbringer of death or death itself, usually taking form of a dog. If a person tries to interact with it, it suddenly changes form and shape or its face into a hugely grotesque beast.'

Other personal accounts are contained on the site, plus (I think) some photos of Malta

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Your link didn't work but the story was great. There are lots of accounts of people encountering black dogs and then, well you get the picture.

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The link is actually;
www.freewebs.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well if something exists there then there must be proof.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Reptiles usually do not have fur / hair, WhiteLightWolf.

Bigfoot, perhaps, subterranian.

- Nazgarn

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Maybe the 'fur' was actually garments of some kind. I'd imagine those catacombs must be cold and reptiles and cold don't really mix.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by koji_K

I am here in Malta at the moment. This is one of the oldest sites in the world. The bodys found are real and documented. 7000 were found, and dissapeard , Because they had large cranium's they were very senstive. & because the site was dedicated to the earth goddess and her worship. This site is very special.

Malta was one of the most fought over places in the world. why!
it is 36 km wide. and has 162 churches built all over the island., why!
the church does not want this site to be too known.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
any more follow ups regarding this issue?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is actually a very popular urban myth.
I'm from Malta and still live here and I've never heard of any proof or mention in the news archives of any children getting missing in the Ħal Saflieni Hypogeum. The Hypogeum may have been an underground temple, but in its later period of use it was definitely an underground burial. It was very common for places like this to change their scope over time.
Should anyone wish to visit, be informed that one needs to book a tour in advance since there is a limit on the number of tours per day and the number of visitors per tour at one go. This is done in order to reduce any damage from breathing by all the visitors flocking to the place.
This is by no means the only such hypogeum in Malta. There are others which have been discovered, one of which is next to the airport and the entrance to which happens to be in the middle of a main road. It was decided to remain closed to the public since opening it would've meant the road being deviated. It was found by accident while digging canals for pipework along this stretch of road.
There are certainly other such structures yet to be discovered and Malta, or more specifically the island of Gozo, is home to the oldest standing structure in the world. This is the Ġgantija temples.

Having said that, I remember a similar discussion on a local Maltese forum, but it is now too late to search it through. Should I find anything both supporting or debunking this myth, I'll keep you informed.

This is my first post on this forum and it looks interesting. I like its vast range of subjects.

cheers

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
hi guys im in malta right now on vacation, thinking wether to go check out the hypgeum or not? what ya think

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

What a great story Dog6... I'm going to book a visit to the Hypogeum soon as I am intrigued by it. I'll report back on here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join