It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energies of the Cosmos-Part 2 (current energies)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hi all!

I really felt the need to start a new thread that offered present positions for people outside of the other thread 'energies of the cosmos-on your birth'.

That thread has became much more then I ever expected and its hard for people to search through the thread to find any times I have posted current positions for reflection and observation.

I stressed in my first thread 'energies of the cosmos-on your birth' how important it is to step out and observe and show awareness to the cosmos in order to realign your inner compass. I also know there are many people that like will have a experience and want to see of the cosmos reflected anything of that experience, like if there is any retrograding, a full moon perhaps or 'dark moon' even, or if a sphere is in the location that it was at their birth. So Im making this thread just to post current positions. I wont post them every day...probably just a monthly post of dates when the sun will change signs and offer the positions of the planets and moon for that month. The moon is a great tool if you are wanting to face a certain direction because the moon travels through every sign each month, you can use it as a compass needle pointing you to every sign.

Ill start this thread with the positions of the Fall Equinox that is coming on September 23rd.

The Sun is in Virgo on Sept 23rd (and is in Virgo right now). Anytime from now about 29th of October if you face the direction of the Sun at any time, you face the gateway of Virgo.

For Sept. 23rd....Saturn and Mars are also in Virgo. Venus is spending its last day in Virgo and will move onto the cusp of Virgo/Libra late on the 23rd.

On the 23rd, Mercury rises before the Sun in the East, in Leo.

Pluto is in Sagittarius on the 23rd.

Neptune is also entering a cusp stage, leaving Capricorn and entering Aquarius on this day.

Uranus and Jupiter are in conjunction on the 23rd in Pisces (our current age). The Moon will be passing through Pisces all day on the 23rd and will be a full Moon.

stardate.org...

To find what sign the Moon will be in through out the next month or so...go to the below link. It should pull up the present location of the Moon and at the top right there is a 'next' button. Click that to follow the signs the Moon will be in over the next few weeks. On the 23rd, if you face the full moon, know you are facing our current age of Pisces. Also in this knowing, you can locate Jupiter that will be bright below the Moon on the 23rd.

www.heavens-above.com...

Hopefully this will allow people to observe the skys for what the cosmos really are and not have to keep searching through the other thread that has gotten so full of posts.

Equinox's and Solstice's are great times to step out and show awareness to the cosmos. Step out with a honest heart and open mind and you may feel the Universe showing awareness back to you. Be aware of the changing seasons that are upon us, be thankful for the times of life flourishing in the Spring and Summer and prepare for stage of renewal that nature must go through to offer the life that it does.

My best!
LV

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hello my friend! Great supplemental thread to your original.

I haven't yet experienced cosmic observation or energy. So far can't seem to stay outdoors too long at night. Probably would help if I got myself a star map or constellation guide, so I actually know what I'm looking at.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Hi Sahabi!

Thanks for the encouragement on running a separate thread from the first one. You brought up a great point and I hope to provide you with some tools to aid in knowing where to look and as well as what sites can help you at all times.

First, there is a free download for astronomy that is absolutely wonderful, called Stellarium. You can go back in time and forward in time as well as look at present time. Some say that you need alot of room on your computer for it and I personally have had some issues with it on my laptop causing my laptop to over heat. So when I use it, I have to be fast or my computer shuts down (it really needs to go to the shop and get fixed....before I had no issues with using Stellarium when I first got my laptop but now it causes it problems).

The link is below and it is such a fun program to play with !

www.stellarium.org...

Another site that people can check in with regularly that will offer astronomy positions and updates is 'earthsky tonight'.

earthsky.org...

For the 19th earthsky offers this info...

Are you seeing a very bright object low in the western sky after sunset? It’s Venus, the brightest planet. VEnus now appears at its very brightest in the evening for all of 2010. Look outside shortly after sunset, and you can’t miss Venus. It’s an eerie light low in the southwestern sky. Venus’ brightness will surprise you if you’ve never noticed it before. It’s so bright that, around now, many people will report Venus as a UFO. But this is no exotic or unidentified object. It’s simply our neighboring planet in orbit around the sun. On August 20, Venus passed a hallmark of its year when it appeared at its farthest from the sun on our sky’s dome. Right now, Venus is approaching its brightest – what astronomers call its greatest brilliancy – in the western twilight sky. Venus’ illuminated portion covers the most sky on September 23, the same date as this year’s September full moon.

I also check with spaceweather pretty much daily for updates, they too are astronomy based.

spaceweather.com...

From spaceweather today....

JUPITER AND URANUS: Jupiter is at opposition on Sept. 21st, meaning the giant planet will be directly opposite the sun, soaring overhead at midnight with dazzling brilliance. In a coincidence of interplanetary proportions, Uranus is at opposition on the very same night! Fredrik Broms of Kvaløya, Norway caught the two converging during a geomagnetic storm on Sept. 15th:

Everyone can easily find Jupiter in the eastern sky around 9-10 pm and watch it move over the night sky through the night towards the southwest position. Its really really bright.

Hre is a great widget that everyone can use and you dont have to download it...(below)...you can use the little 'map' button to put in your location and you can type in any date and time (past, present, or future)....then click on the 'direction' buttons of 'east, west, south, north'....and see what the sky will look like. Now and then, if there is a cluster of planets together, all the planets wont be labeled....but most of the time all the planets are labeled though.

www.starrynighteducation.com...=4&LatD=33&LatM=31.260000000000048&LatRG=N&LonD=86&LonM=48.179999999999836&LonRG=W&HH=09&Min=00&AmPm= 2&MM=9&DD=18&YY=2010&DST=Yes&SD=Yes&LocMMA=&LabStar=Yes&Lab=Yes&Cons=Yes&Hor=Yes&SG=&PW=410&PH=358&Az=180&FOV=90&Alt=25&Elev=3&LocN=Earth&Explore=No&< br />
From the above widget, for tonight's sky...I took some images of east sky at 9pm and southwest sky at 6pm.

Here is eastern sky around 9pm....can see the Moon and Jupiter clearly tonight

Here is a southwestern sky image of around 6pm....we can see that there will be a short time period to try to catch bright Venus because Venus is slowly moving from a night light to a morning light....setting very shortly after sunset following the sun westwardly....it wont be too long before Venus will not be found in the night sky and will be found in a early morning sky right before sunrise and will then be suddenly in the east. There is not much more time to catch Venus in the night sky this year.

As one faces Jupiter tonight, they face the gateway of Pisces...as one faced the Moon tonight they face Capricorn. As one faces the setting Sun they face Virgo...as well as catching Venus they face Virgo. Some with a clear night and being out of the city may have a clear enough perspective to locate Mars next to Venus. Saturn I doubt is viewable being so close to the Sun.

On the 23rd (fall equinox) Venus will enter the cusp of Virgo/Libra...and some Virgo's or Libra's may notice this change.

Here is some info from earthsky tonight for the 23rd about the full moon on the fall equinox....it will be a 'harvest moon'.

earthsky.org...

The Harvest Moon and the blazing planet Jupiter shine all night long tonight to commemorate the first full night of the autumn season. By common practice, we use the September equinox to mark the start of autumn, and call the closest full moon to the autumnal equinox the Full Harvest Moon. In 2010, the Harvest Moon comes only 6 hours after the September equinox. If you live in the southern hemisphere, the September equinox signals the beginning of spring, and this full moon counts as the first full moon of spring. The September equinox falls on Thursday, September 23, at 3:09 Universal Time. Converting the equinox time to North American clocks, that places the equinox on Wednesday, September 22, at 11:09 p.m. Eastern Time, 10:09 p.m. Central Time, 9:09 p.m. Mountain Time and 8:09 p.m. Pacific Time. For more on the equinox see yesterday’s program. For the moon and Jupiter to shine all night long on any equinox, these three events – the opposition of Jupiter, the equinox and full moon – all have to happen in close conjunction. In 2010, the three events follow one another like falling dominos, with the whole procession taking less than two days time. September 2010 presents the only time in your lifetime that you’ll be able to witness the moon and Jupiter’s simultaneous all-night appearance on the equinox. On this the first full night of autumn, watch the Harvest Moon and Jupiter as they sail westward across the sky tonight!

Just some things I use to observe and like to keep watch for....

My best!
LV

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I want to note that we are in a Ophiuchus Sun now until December 18th which then it will rise in Sagittarius. As it moves between Ophiuchus and Sagittarius...the Sun crosses the direction towards the center of our galaxy.

So know...anytime you face the Sun until Dec. 17th....you can face the direction of Ophiuchus.

www.heavens-above.com...

Go down to the astronomy section...click on "Sun" and a page will pull up to show you what constellation the Sun is in.

Mars is also in Ophiuchus. I think there is a great time to heal or send energies of healing right now.

Also...a great site in the early hours of the day before sun rise in the east is Saturn, Spica, and Venus.

edit on 2-12-2010 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So much talk about the 'skys' and zodiac here lately...figure I would give a update again.

Sun is in Sagittarius right now....if you face the Sun you face the direction of Sagittarius.

Moon in Taurus tonight....tomorrow it will sit on the cusp of Taurus and Orion....on the 18th it will enter Gemini. Tomorrow you will be able to see the Moon sitting right above Orion.

Mercury and Pluto in Sagittarius.

Venus is in Ophiuchus.

Mars and Neptune is in Capricorn.

Jupiter and Uranus in Pisces (our current age).

Saturn in Virgo.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I also want to note...

I find it no happenstance that the media brings the 'idea' forward about Ophiuchus, a new sign (its really a old sign but new to many 'minds ' now thanks to media).....after the Sun just moved out of Ophiuchus, then passed the area of the sky that is the direction of our galactic center...as it entered into Sagittarius recently.

I find it no happenstance also that right now, Venus is in Ophiuchus as this 'idea' is now brought 'world wide' through media, to mankind.

Are we seeing what is going on , on Earth...reflecting in the cosmos too?

Has Venus been the 'barer of light'? Right after the Sun has left Ophiuchus and crossed our galactic center direction?

All the while, we have Jupiter, King, in Pisces, our current age. Saturn in Virgo....has much worldwide potential.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If I were ever a contestant on a game and had an astrology question, you would definitely be my "phone a friend!"

I have a question.
Are there any cosmic bodies, alignments, or times associate with "Peace?" Are there any things/times to be consciously aware of or observe to alleviate one of anger and increase peace and love?

Thanks in advance! Peace to you

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
If I were ever a contestant on a game and had an astrology question, you would definitely be my "phone a friend!"

I have a question.
Are there any cosmic bodies, alignments, or times associate with "Peace?" Are there any things/times to be consciously aware of or observe to alleviate one of anger and increase peace and love?

Thanks in advance! Peace to you

I think you will notice...as you step out and show awareness to any 'light' of energy...the choice is yours to take the energy and emanate your will with it.

I personally find the time of 'dark moon' to be extremely peaceful. Your most inner true self, is also a part of all the lights in the sky (spheres)....by being aware of that...you are letting your 'energy of peace' flow from you and outwardly.

We cant force peace onto others. For to find that road, many things must be experienced and understood. So as much as we hope peace just transcends here...we need to allow everyone's natural path to occur and not be skipped. What we can do is be projectors...and by projecting to the cosmos, well you cant get any 'bigger' then that.

Imagine yourself sitting on the Moon as you look at it, and imagine then you projecting love into the hearts of man. I know a few people that get alot of out this 'visualization'.

We may find something outside of us that seems to hold a vibration of peace and love...but know, within every single thing, there is a true infinite nature within it, which is of course, a background energy of unconditional love and peace. You can find this in all things and connect to it. Of course, this is way past the path of surface energies...and it is a path of 'one' for seeing the core in all things, is a one true self, in emanation/expression. Connecting to that in things outside of you, then allowing yourself to be a projector yourself, of that true core self....not only makes spheres in the sky holders of peace and love...but also you yourself, aligned to that core that is in EVERYTHING. Its a 'AHHH' moment...a undeniable 'pulse', like a heart beat.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Great time to see Saturn, in retrograde.

Westward leading....until June

earthsky.org...

Starting today – on January 27, 2011 – Saturn will begin to go in a retrograde or westward direction in front of the constellation Virgo. That’s a signal that the best time to see Saturn in 2011 has begun.

The planet Saturn – a golden world that appears to shine steadily on the sky’s dome – is rising in the east around 11 p.m. now. Saturn climbs upward through the night and soars to its highest point in the southern sky around 5 a.m. The beginning of retrograde motion means that Saturn will be rising earlier each evening with each passing day. It’ll soon be in a more convenient place for evening viewing.

Some four-and-a-half months from now – on June 14, 2011 – Saturn’s retrograde motion will end. Then Saturn will still be visible, but its time of best viewing for the year will be over. In other words, after June, Saturn’s maximum brightness for the year will be past. It’ll still be visible, but it’ll seem to have lost some luster.

Saturn is the 6th planet outward from the sun and moves more slowly than we do in orbit. Saturn now appears to be moving in retrograde – opposite its usual eastward motion – because our planet Earth, like a fast racing car, is now zooming by Saturn from the inside track. You know how, when you’re in a fast car on the highway and you pass a slower car, it can seem to be moving backwards? That’s the case here. As seen from Earth, Saturn will look like it’s moving westward through the stars – even though it’s really not.

About 1 am Saturn will rise in the East to southeast horizon. If you step out about 2 am you will have a marker, the Moon, that will rise and be below Saturn. (this moon marker is only for tonight the 26th for tomorrow the moon will move on). I would say that 2am would be a good time to look for Saturn rising. It will start to rise a bit earlier and earlier as days move on. If you keep stepping out at 2am every night, you will see it seem to be 'higher' then it was the night before, seemingly to 'rise' earlier then the night before. Normally, without the retrograde motion, it would not rise 'earlier' but would rise later...night by night, seemingly to move 'east' each night. But with retrograde....is 'seems' to move 'west'.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So Im wanting to post some cosmic prints to show Spring is coming! We have Spring Equinox right around the corner and this is how we determine what 'age' we are in. The Spring Equinox Sun is still in Pisces but in a few hundred years it will be known to rise in Aquarius.

Here is the Suns location in the cosmos on March 20th (this will be our Spring Equinox day) of 2011 (I did the image without daylight showing because it is more clear of the labels and other stars but originally this is a image of the Sun after it has risen over the eastern horizon-what will be in the eastern sky the morning of March 20th).

Right now one can face Jupiter in the western sky after the Sun sets. Today, Jupiter actually is sitting in Cetus, right on the border of Cetus so still being just a degree or two away from Pisces where its been for a long time now.

The Moon is in its last day of a moon cycle today, you may be able to catch it early in the morning hours before Sun rise. Tomorrow it will be too close to the Sun to be seen in the sky and we will have a couple days of 'no moon' or 'dark moon'. If you step out into the Sunshine on the 4th and 5th....know you are facing not only the Sun but also at the same time, the Moon. A great thing to witness is the return of the moon in what the ancients called the 'new moon' (the sighting of the thin silver crescent in the western sky). The first sighting of the 'new moon' should be on the 6th but will be easier to find on the 7th.

Here is an image of the western sky after the Sun sets on the 6th showing there will be little time to catch the thin new moon before it too sets in the west.

Here is another image of March 6th...note to look for Jupiter next to the thin crescent moon.

Babylon used the new moon sighting to start their months and to note the first day of a new year after the spring equinox. For the last several years I have enjoyed observing the Spring Equinox and then looking for the new moon after the Spring Equinox to note of the starting of a 'new year' for the seasons. Its a great way to prepare for gardening and to be thankful for the rebirth that Spring time brings us. I find that its a great time to do any fasting if you want, at the start of the Spring Equinox till the time of the new moon after the Spring Equinox. So for this reason I will keep an update here at this thread for the new moon after the Spring Equinox. So one could note that this new moon coming on March 6th will be the last new moon of this seasonal year. This year we will have a full moon in Virgo on our Spring Equinox. The new moon after Spring Equinox will show itself right about April 5th.

Another sign of Spring can be found in your northeastern sky around 9pm which is the 4th brightest star, Arcturus (which is of the constellation Bootes).

earthsky.org...

The gloriously bright star Arcturus rises into your east-northeastern sky around 9 p.m. tonight. This yellow-orange beauty – like any brilliant star – sparkles wildly when it hovers near the horizon. Arcturus is the brightest star in the constellation Bootes, which represents a Herdsman – though to our modern eyes, this star formation might look more like a kite or snow cone.

Arcturus’ appearance in the evening sky is a welcome sign in our northern climes, because it heralds the coming of the spring equinox, or first day of spring. After the equinox this March 20, the daylight hours will begin to surpass the nighttime hours in length.

Arcturus, like any star, rises 4 minutes earlier every day. Soon, the earlier-rising Arcturus will first beam at dusk, instead of nightfall or evening. Around the time that happens, spring will return to our northern hemisphere!

Some sites say that the new moon will be on March 5th but I highly anyone will be able to spot it on this day. If you are up for the challenge though...look for it right after the Sun sets on March 5th and let us know if it can be seen!

About 10pm one can easily see Orion well above the horizon and in the east they can spot Leo. Saturn will rise in the east about this time in Virgo.

Looking in the early morning hours to the east before Sun rises...one can see beautiful Venus rising which is in Capricorn.

Happy sky watching!
LV

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Very refreshing focus from all of the wordly negativity of fear, anger, and hate floating.

I've just started my first conscious sky observing last month. Looking up and glancing around every once in a while is all I used to do. To actually sit, observe, ponder, contemplate, and track the skies is a whole different feeling. I owe my cosmological beginning to you. You are an inspiration

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

You left me speechless, smiling, and filled me with a great humble energy (which I soooo needed at the end of this lonnnng day!). You refueled me.

I thank you...for being you.

Namaste
LV

posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The New Moon was sighted on March 5th....very very thin crescent.

www.spaceweather.com...

Tonight look for the new moon and Jupiter side by side after the Sun sets in the western sky.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Reviving some old threads and this one might be of interest to people being right now so close to the end of 2012 I bet many have an eye on the skies.

Right now, early morning hours have the interesting views...in the east we have a thin crescent moon and it may be lit on the bottom left side of the moon which is rarely seen due to its early morning hours (willf depend on your location of how much of an angle will be lit, be it more so on the bottom of the moon or a little to the bottom left)...and there will be several planets with this thin cresent. Worth a glance...wake up before sunrise and look to the east....

earthsky.org...

earthsky.org...

earthsky.org...

And we will finally reach our time of 'no moon' December 12th...so the geminid meteor showers should have a good black sky....

earthsky.org...

Jupiter can easily be seen in our evening sky in the east right now...Mars in the evening sky but must catch it in the west right after sun sets....on December 14th look to the west right after sunset and catch the new moon, the thin silver crescent moon making its appearance in the west starting a new moon cycle-it will be very close to Mars and if you dont look soon enough you will miss them because they will set in the west right after the sun does.

join