It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will join for a night of DnD goodness on ATS chat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hi all,

I've been thinking about how good it would be to make a DnD campaign and play it on ATS chat. Anyone interested, please reply and I'll see if I can get enough people to get a game going. I'll play as the DM, and I'm in Australia, but we can work out times when I can enough people.

Cheers
Shane

edit on 17/9/10 by shamus78 because: I decided to change some things. That a crime????

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Should know I am nerdy enough to go for it

Going to have to see options.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
You know that? after looking thru a few campaigns, I think I'll make my own. Based on 4th editions rules. Get in touch with me and I'll get creating!

Cheers
Shane

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

Can you you help me fight my ignorance and tell me what exactly DnD is ? I never heard of it... ever.

Wait a sec...
Is it Dungeons and Dragons ?

edit on 9/17/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

DnD = Dungeons and Dragons.

I'm curious about how you're going to get this working with all the dice rolling and whatnot. In any case, I might be down for it. U2U me if you get things set up, or I'll forget otherwise. I'm used to 2nd ed. rules, so I may have some catching up to do, but I'll do some reading in the mean time.

Edit: I just looked at my copy of the PHB and DMG and it seems the last time I played, it was 2nd edition. I'm getting old.

-TheAssoc.

edit on 18-9-2010 by TheAssociate because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2010 by TheAssociate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm just bumping this.

Come on, this is ATS.

Simple logic dictates there's more than three D&D geeks here.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Who want's some......

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

-TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I think half the fun would trying to figure out how it would work. Won't happen for a while, but still keen

Aww BlackOps719, now I wish I had kept my Powerglove!!

Cheers
Shane

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78
I think half the fun would trying to figure out how it would work. Won't happen for a while, but still keen

Definitely.

Just lemme know when, and I'll be there with chainmail on.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Chainmail? You noob... mages are where it's at...
*shoots a magic missile at you... 5 actually.. Count them and be afraid.*

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Or, you can just be pretty munchkin and play a Bard...spells, chainmail (well Elven), and weapons oh my! Personally, I most enjoyed playing highly skilled and specialized humans whose only magic was the items and potions they accumulated. Wish I had the time for it, but I don't even hardly ever have time to play an actual campaign in RL.

My friends and I (and some of the wives) even have a current campaign, but we're lucky if we get to play once a month these days (so hard to even remember what the heck we were doing).

If you ever want some great boardgames though, that scratch the DnD itch, here are some:

Runebound and Descent (even Talisman, to a degree). There are some others, but these are our favorites for some good sword and sorcery fun. They aren't cheap though (but do give you some great figures). Both games are from $50 to $100, and there are add-ons that really add up.

If you are trying to get an online DnD chat thing going, may want to stick with earlier versions that have lots of info available online. Personally, I still prefer 2nd edition, but I do like the 3rd edition idea of Feats, as it helps personalize the characters (i.e. two fighters can be completely different based on their Feats).

edit on 21-9-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It sounds like a great idea. I've never played but I'm up for it. I think I could get a friend to join, too. As for dice, I found an online dice roller. It has all the dice and spaces for modifiers. Here it is.

top topics

join