It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uhuru

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
His family moved to Australia but he decided to stay behind because he has always been a proud Sout African.He tryed stopping some guys from raping his lady friend and got stabbed in the neck.It's sad,ey.Guess his parents reasons for leaving just got reinforced by this.

I read this article this morning: Murdered Matie tried to help

Stellenbosch - A young Matie who was apparently trying to stop a friend from being raped, paid for it with his life.

Imagine how that makes me feel. Me and my wife is in exactly the same boat. Our son is 21 years old and has stayed behind in SA to complete his studies. This morning me and my wife had a discussion on how terrible it must be for those poor parents - I do not even want to think about it.

What we tend to forget is that there are real "flesh and blood" people behind each and every story like this. Sometimes we treat these things just as another statistic - how sad!!

Peace!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Wow,that must be frightning for you guys.I hope he completes his studies soon and leaves.Really can't imagine what it would be like to lose a son or a daughter.

Its true.You tend to forget.It's people like you and me thats affected by this.Even if he did survive you can make a whole list of psycological issues he would end up facing.Just imagine how scared that girl must be after this.I wouldn't blame her if she stopped going outside and locked herself away forever.

Anyz,I hope your son stays safe and no harms comes to him.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
Just imagine how scared that girl must be after this.I wouldn't blame her if she stopped going outside and locked herself away forever.

Thanks for pointing out the girl - see, here I fell into the same trap - thinking only how I relate to the issue and that is my son. But what about that poor girl!!! Our prayers go out to her and her family.

Peace!

edit on 17-9-2010 by Ysterlong because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ysterlong

Ya,it's horrible.Think she can be thankfull for his bravery,though.She would have been worse off if it wasn't for him.I hope his bravery doesn't go to waste.I hope people see it as sign to start speaking out and standing up for
themselfs.Our lives should have more worth than this.

But anyway,it's getting really late here.Think I'm going to hit the hay.

See ya around,buddy.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Dude, the guy from NZ and YOU have said so many things that are correct! SA is f'ed up now. The world thinks it's "hunky doory" after apartheid.... WRONG! I had about 25 black people that worked in a factory under me. About half of them told me that they didn't like what the ANC was doing, and they lived a better life under apartheid!!

They asked me behind closed doors on friday afternoons how they could go back to those days! Imagine that, they wanted back into a time that the world condemned, but that they knew was better! They had families who had gone through horrendous crimes in the NEW SA, but NEVER under apartheid. They wanted out.

Let me tell you, my heart bleeded for these people. I used to buy their kids gifts for x-mas, go to their "houses" and help them build. I REALLY tried and gave my all to stay in SA. I took Zulu classes in school, because I thought of the long term, and it gave me respect amongst these people.....

But try as I may, it was a lost cause.... so now I make a new life for myself. I left EVERYTHING behind for a new start.

If only they could be like Credo Mutwa, and give up the violence, embrace peace and love, SA would be the best place to live! I LOVE Durbs, The Golden beaches..... mmmhhh.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Ok, John Vorster, the bits you won't find on wiki.

I was referring to the police station (now jhb central [huge building next to m1 in jhb]), where anc members took turns jumping out the toilet windows in between questioning sessions by the friendly saps.

It's worse now though. People taken in for "questioning" are dying all the time in police cells. And the few times i been in there, well lets just say i was lucky to get out as quick as i did. Cops and criminals BOTH your enemy in this wonderful rainbow nation.

To the OP: there's a lot of history which has been removed. There's a 3 part doc on Siener on you-tube, let me know if you can't find it. It was aired once on sabc and it's what cost Max du Preez his job there.

For a more current view, see @pigspotter. Now he's being called "racist" which is really since cops been "pigs" since before these criminlas took over. But over 80% of the public do not trust the police. That's a frightening statistic right there. The worst is, they don't even know the half of it. But the metro have sworn to arrest this man on any and all charges they can invent. Never mind the hundreds who die on our roads ... show us respect or we will arrest you. If you die in prison, then it's your own fault.

It's about absolute control over all of us taxpayers, who are the only people who matter. Roadblocks are nothing more than the old dompas which caused the nats such grief. "Papers please" by some Stasi thug. That's all it is. Nothing about manking ur roads safer. In fact, Wayne Minnaar has explicitly stated that they are NOT responsible for road safety, but their only duty is the ENFORCEMENT of by-laws. Which they do highly selectively. Think about that.

Last week was the first anniversary of a friend who died in police cells after being taken in for questioning without charges. May he and all others R.I.P.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

It isn't the first time,ey.I remember some journalist getting the same response from a black guy on Carte Blanch.

They believed what the ANC promised and they just never delivered.They're extremely corrupt.Everything they touch turns into something complex because there is always someone pocketing some cash from all of this.Even the houses they've been setting up.

It might be a blessing in disguise.This will level the playing field for other political parties.The ANC is slowly losing its grip on people.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

I'll be sure to look all that up.

I've heard about the pigspotter.Saw they wanted to arrest him but didn't know they played the racist card in this aswell.It's a joke,ey.

I've heard some stories on corrupt cops.This black guy I use to work with told me he has aspirations to become a police officer.He's quite passionate about it,I've noticed,but he tells me can't get in because all of these officers want money before they'll send him for training or even give his application a second glance.

may i ask why so many friends have been in for questioning?you don't have to answer it.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I think Siener van rensburg is right. These guys are going to kill each other off. It's all about tribes - Zulu's, Xhosa's, Sotho's etc. Hell, let them go for it!

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Uhuru - is also the highest point on Mt. Kilimanjaro - Uhuru means freedom.
Uhuru - is also the name of the lady on the original star trek series.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

My friend said the wrong thing about someone to someone i reckon. He was arrested to be taken to the holding cells to be murdered. No charges laid at any point.

I learnt recently that metro can arrest you for "suspician of drunkenness", a charge which requires no proof, nor even is it required to test you. There is a fine and a criminal record, and you cannot contest the charge in any way. Any metro can use it at any time without any comeback even if there was not sufficient reason in the first place. Thought crime, his thoughts, your crime.

What is most disconcerting about south africa, is despite the general anarchy, the laws in place are frightening. Ditto for "revenue collection". They have tax collecting to an art form, the only sphere of govt that works

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
I've seen quite a few people on here from SA, but would like to see more. Try spread news of ATS existence to your friends in SA. I was wondering if we could some how create a S'Affers group here on ATS where we could meet up and chat about what's happening in SA? Maybe a mod could let me know??

There are quite a few Saffers on ATS - however I've seen a rise in their activity in the past couple of months. Maybe it's because of the recent World Cup Soccer that got them crawling out of the "holes", or the infuriating Julius Malema that's making them ask the questions that needs to be asked. Whichever it is, I'm glad they (we) are stirring. I've been "fighting" the political fight with the ANC and the opposing AWB/Boeremag for years (as is apparent from my Uhuru thread). One thing I've learned is that most South Africans (or rather mostly Afrikaners) are very susceptible to fear mongering. Sadly they have been spoon fed by the NP for so long that they've lost the ability to think for themselves. And those that got questions are too scared to ask them or voice their opinions, because they are being bullied by the ANC (by guys like Malema).

As long as we don't have a proper leader we will stay in the position where we are now. We need someone with more than one brain cell, someone a backbone and someone who is brutally honest...

Anyway, back to the actual question... It won't be possible to create a sub-forum specifically for South Africans. ATS cater for all members, and if one nation "demanded" a sub-forum, then everyone will want one. And once the Australians have their own sub-forum it's all downhill from there... (
J/K )

We can create threads like these which would allow Saffers to discuss these issues, or alternatively you can organize an ATS chat session for Saffers for a specific date/time and open the doors for these issues. There are a couple of forums out there that is a venue for these issues, but from my experience most of them have agendas and the discussions are very one-sided.

Feel free to U2U me if you have any other questions.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I see what you mean.I've been searching ATS's database and most of my own threads aren't in any way new to ATS.Not even the news on Uhuru Guru being arrested.This also isn't the first time someone asked for a sub-forum.Seems like there's quite a few of us lurking round here.

You could be right.Could be the political enviroment that's been making people question their surroundings.I'm pretty sure most of us have read Siener van Rensburg's prophecies.I'm sure any one who had doubts certianly let them drop after the murder of Eugene Terre'Blanche and of course since Julius came on the scene.

You're right about the other forums,though.They usually have other agendas.

First time I've heard the word saffer.lol.See it even has its own entry in the UrbanDictionary.

See most of the threads are about the crime and Uhuru,ect.I haven't found any traces of black supremists on the web in South Africa.And most of these that are out there pose little threat to any of us because they have so little members.Maybe the ANCYL could be classified as one.
Not even black people deny the fact that Julius is a racist.

Anyway,I'm pretty sure most of us have something in common we just don't know where it leads to.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Pretty sure most South Africans will agree with you.The place is frightning and no one is quite sure where all of this is going to.

It's quite bad.I can see the ANC changing into the same monster they fought against so many years ago.Question is will people allow it.Mean,there has been resistance and even the most loyal supporters have been questioning their motives.

Guess only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

They actually might.They have been with the xenophobic attacks.And my uncle is a lawyer and he tells me about the Zulu gangs fighting against the other tribes.According to him a zulu rarely ever lands himself in the courtroom for stealing something but usually some voilent crime...assualt..murder.I've seen most black people in Jo'burg speak zulu.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I would like to rectify certain aspects of the discussion/topic of "uhuru". I think it was gemwolf who started off saying that he tried to or am trying to make people disbelief the "legend" if you will- of "uhuru". Yes that is very decent and honorable of gemwolf and others to try and steer people away from war etc. Nobody likes fighting; war; sickness; genocide etc.
But as gemwolf stated that he was 12 years when apartheid were abolished, therefore to young to have known what "white South Africa" was like. As others have also stated that if what we are seeing today in the "new South Africa" as better than than what the old was then either they are ignorant; stupid or purely dump on purpose.
I was 18 when nelson mandela were freed and apartheid were abolished, also bit young to have had the advantage of "white South Africa". But I could remember the days when things were much better.
Whe had almost the best of everything: our fruit and vegetables and meat were top grade in super markets and cheap...now we get 3rd and 4th grade s@#t! at ridiculous prices. Our school system were one the best if not THE best in the world...now...look at our school system now.... our military; airforce and the navy, were the best of the best...definitely not anymore. What about our police force....I'm not even going to waist my time and not even mentioning our medical department (that were the best in world)....
All the crime that's increasing, standards keep falling....no...what, and some people still want to believe that the "new South Africa " is better than the "old South Africa" what a bloody Joke.
We can still remember when we could sleep with our doors wide open at night, leave our car keys in the ignition of our cars...

Now they say that the white people took South Africa from the black people. Well you see there you have a problem with that thesis to...you see 70% to 80% of the original black tribes that lived in South Africa thousands of years ago were wiped out, annihilated even bred out by the current black tribes residing in our ""new South Africa ".
According to the bible, God gave the white people south africa (the bible states the new world)(that includes Canada; America; South America and of course South Africa)? Why? Because the Christians (protestants)were being wiped out by the antichrist power (roman Catholics). And God said not to mix or deal with pagans. When the first white man came to the south African shores...South Africa were run by pagan worshippers (no a fence to the black people). When the English took control of South Africa, it paved the way for the antichrist power to enter the country. So back in the 1900s, the white afrikaner wereseen as dirt and the black people had more wrights then the afrikaner (but that piece of history are being "kept secret")(I wonder why......???!!!!)

South Africa (in the apartheid era) were the last Christian (Christian based country)(protestants) strong hold. So the powers that be (the JESUITS/roman Catholics) knew that they had to do something to break its back...i.e ....yip you guessed it....by bbanning South Africa with imports and exports ( because of apartheid) But even then South Africa flourished...until the afrikaner' biggest traitor...F.W.DE KLERK
They say that south africa is now a democracy...democracy is nothing more than COMMUNISM. SOUTH AFRICA IS NOTHING MORE THAN A PAGAN WORSHIPPING COUNTRY TODAY...?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join