It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House: Global Warming Out, 'Global Climate Disruption' In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

White House: Global Warming Out, 'Global Climate Disruption' In

www.foxnews.com

From the administration that brought you "man-caused disaster" and "overseas contingency operation," another terminology change is in the pipeline.

The White House wants the public to start using the term "global climate disruption" in place of "global warming" -- fearing the latter term oversimplifies the problem and makes it sound less dangerous than it really is
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Talk about a "jump the shark" moment... The constant relabeling of issues to suit a worldview has become passe. In the name of political expediency and defense of an agenda, a new moniker can be slapped on any issue.

I have an idea for renaming the "global warming" issue... "Global hoaxing" seems most appropriate and accurate...

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I expected the White House to do this, renaming the 'catastrophe', since the expose' of the fudged climate figures.

They couldn't call it what it really is though.....

Global climate not changing at all in the long run, according to the data available.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
First it was cooling, then warming, now climate disruption.

You want to end global climate disruption? Kill all humans!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Doublethink has been in since 1984.

These patsies cannot tell us what the weather will be in 1 week, but 100 years from now is a certainty?

Anyone remenmber the "global cooling scare" from the 70's?

It's all about controlling the inside of your mind, nothing else.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Just found this ..its funny .peace WHN reports on the Climate Change Prognosticator www.youtube.com...#!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
what is saddest of all, is the only way to really prove that GW, or whatever it's called this week, is not real and what we see is merely a climatic cycle, is to wait. Time will prove that everything will shift back to normal, and may even shift to a bit cooler then it was at "normal", but not for 10-20 years. Just as it didn't start to get warmer over night. Al Gore may even live to see the day that we have cool summers. But what satisfaction will we have other than the fact that we all didn't burst into flames back in 2013.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
please its called global tax

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
S&F (figured it out
)

Yes, lets just call it "Global Climate Tax Scam" shall we.

That way, they wont have to keep changing the name...

Con Artists they are!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller

Anyone remenmber the "global cooling scare" from the 70's?

I had a Professor in a class then that was fanatical about that and loads of other bizarre stuff. Took me years to purge my own mind of the brainwashing.

He taught us that-

-All Trees would be gone within 30 years.

-The population would out grow the food supply in 30 years.

-We were coming into an Ice Age at an accelerated rate.

-Oil supply would be completely depleted by 2014.

-Supply of radioactive materials for power generation would be depleted before the oil ran out so nuclear power was not an option.

-Strategic minerals for production of weapons grade steel would be depleted by now.

-Potable fresh water would be non-existent by now.

-All arable land would be over-farmed and lead to mass starvation by now.

and..................

He would be perhaps in his 90's by now and I often wonder how he reacted as he discovered he created a group of radicals based on complete intellectual lies. You signed up for Geology Courses and ended up listening to Progressive garbage and lies eating up half the time you paid the school for. I got ripped off by those fanatics. Look at Obama. He's President and he still has not wised up, so I know what he is. These guys don't actually believe this stuff. It's always to control people and lead them towards accepting their control.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The New " Think Speak " is Upon us . Next , they will try to rewrite the History Books so Children " Forget " they were once living in a Constitutionally Free Country . Come the Next Revolution , we will be Eating More than Cake Big Brother , your Livers to start ! .............

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

The New " Think Speak " is Upon us . Next , they will try to rewrite the History Books so Children " Forget " they were once living in a Constitutionally Free Country . Come the Next Revolution , we will be Eating More than Cake Big Brother , your Livers to start ! .............

Too late. That has been going on for a long, long time. Hell, they even have people who lived through Vietnam parroting a revised history of that and that happened in my lifetime. Now that the WW2 Vet's are almost gone, they are actively rewriting that era. Before it's over people like Stalin, Mao and Hitler will be squeaky clean examples to be lauded as hero's to our children.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

yes, a natural cycle. But what are they planning to do to prove they are right? As another thread says, if geo engineering is being planned to alter the climate then a major disruption will indeed happen.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I've just wasted 2 years at uni studying climate change subjects. The professors are still sprouting the same stuff and brainwashing students. But I am grateful that I learnt so much about the earth and gained a new appreciation of our environment. If the whole climate change business brings an increased awareness to people to look after the planet then at least some good will come of it all.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Whatever they call it, it had better be something better than global climate disruption...which is too long and doesn't roll off the tongue like global warming did.

Do they really believe that a thinking person will buy into this agenda, just by renaming it :shk:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

sadly, there are companies out there like NASA who still say it is real. I say it is just a normal earth cycle. Even the Ice core data samples state this.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I prefer the term 'Climate Change'. This is a very complex and challenging topic. When money is taken out of the debate the science says that something is going and the implications are not good. When travelling around people notice the weather is getting more extreme and unpredictable. Our whole way of life has been built on the consistency of the seasons, without it we cannot sustain our way of life.

There have been many studies and points of view www.bibliotecapleyades.net... . We need to let science get on with the job if we are to understand it and hopefully work it out. The Earth will work it out one way or another.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
so if this is true why is alot of factories and farmers in Australia been charged for emitions towards global warming

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Destroyer2012

so if this is true why is alot of factories and farmers in Australia been charged for emitions towards global warming

Energy prices have been going up at very high rate. When legislation was about to go through parliament last year to introduce a carbon tax, the opposition party changed it's leader to defeat the third attempt of the bill. We know there are problems, not just in the atmosphere.

new topics

top topics

join