It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why some see future in dreams

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Could you stop/change anything though?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Other than avoiding the location in my dream like the plauge.

Washington DC Lincon Monument. (which I had never been to or even knew about at 8)

Probly not.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
so you have seen your own death n cant do nethin about it that sucks big time!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well as I just stated I stay away from the location.

Though I do believe theres nothing I can do about it, and I figure when it's my time somthing will bring me to were I should or shouldnt be.

It was very unsettleing when I was yong and didnt understand what was going on. For a very long time I walked around with a sence of impending DOOM. Since those many years ago I have worked thru it and figure you cant go thru life worring about when it's your time. Knowing how you go is also good It allows you to take chances like driving hella fast and no worries.

I also dont know the time or the date so I guess that leaves somthing to the imagination. If everything happens the way it happens in my "dream" everthing will be fine not only for me but for us all.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
lol driving hella fast. Thats a good point if you cant die till then. You would effectively be immortal. Like getting cutting your wrists wouldnt work cos ur destiny is alredy set. I find that hard to believe though, there must be mulitiple futures because im sure there are plenty of other ways you could die before then,..? lol Quite morbid but...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Hi , I have had so many instances of literally seeing to future it is so wierd, One morning I woke up and said to my wife her brother was going to be a dad , I said it as soon as I woke up she laughed and said he and his wife dont like kids , I replied they are going to have a little Boy !

Later that evening the phone rang I answered it without saying hello or anything I said" Hi George your going to be a grandad aren't you , he went quiet then said Yes but how did I know it was him ,and how did I know of this news , I just said I dont know "

Guess what they had a Boy.

Another time we where driving along going past a hospital and I said to my wife " we should call in and see her friend Claire at the hospital " my wife said what are you on about and I replied "she is in the hospital, she had a little girl this morning" my wife then said "I dont think so she is not due for another 2 weeks" , anyway as soon as she got home she phoned her friend only to be told she is in hospital she gave birth to a baby girl this morning.

It is not always about babies but they r easier to remember.

What do you all Reckon ?

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Believe What You Want, You Have More Abilitys Than You Know Of. Everyone Does, Not Saying You Can Fly Or Of Such, But, This World We Live In Is Built By Barriers. Some Of Us Can Break Down That Barrier And Do Basically The Impossible, " Like Some People May Think Cannot Happen". But Seriously, Anyone Can Hone Telekineses, Pyrokineses, Telepathy, Precognition, Astral Projection, Spirit Walking, Astral Flying, ETC.... All Im Saying Is The More You Will It The More You Believe You Can Do It You Will Suceede. Just Practice What You Want To Do And Controll You're Right Side Of You're Brain Cause Thats Were You're Psi-Energy Comes From. Thats Part Of Having Precognition Dreams Also. Trust Me I Learned How To Hone The Precognition Part Now Im Trying To Hone Telekineses, This Ones A Hard One But You Can Learn It By Practicing With A Psi-Wheel. If You Need To Learn How To Make One Respond Directly To Me And Ill respond Back On How To Make One.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflash
Another time we where driving along going past a hospital and I said to my wife " we should call in and see her friend Claire at the hospital " my wife said what are you on about and I replied "she is in the hospital, she had a little girl this morning" my wife then said "I dont think so she is not due for another 2 weeks" , anyway as soon as she got home she phoned her friend only to be told she is in hospital she gave birth to a baby girl this morning.

It is not always about babies but they r easier to remember.

What do you all Reckon ?

You do realize that we dream each and every day right? The ones you have quoted above are the ones you have been able to remember. There are thousands of dreams which you probably won't even remember, are they all futuristic predictions too?

Everyone dreams everyday, given they sleep, so what we have here is billions and billions of dreams everyday, and out of that at least one dream has got to come true, pure coincidence if you ask me.

If you don't believe me, get someone to wake you up during sleep, after REM sleep, if done right, you will be able to remember every single of your dream, maybe after that you can tell us if they all come true or not.

Surf

[edit on 1/31/2005 by surfup]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I understand what you are talking about surfup and I know that we dream during every night of regular sleep, but some of my precognitive dreams have happened in ways that I simply cannot put down to coincidence.

There have been many times in the past that I dream the news broadcast. I hear every word of a news story and see all the details right down to what color tie the news caster is wearing. I remember 6 of these dreams. Every single one of them ended up happening within two weeks. What are the odds that the only 6 dreams about the news that I remember are the 6 that really happen? What are the odds that every detail I remember in my dreams becomes present in reality? Not close, but exact.

One of the precognitive dreams I had was about the Heaven's Gate suicides. Now I could easily say that I dreamed someone commited suicide and then it happened, that would be coincidence. However, I dreamed the number of people involved, the manner in which they commited suicide, the clothes they were wearing, the location, the day, the rooms in which the people were found, the ideology of the group as initially reported, some of the individuals names as given on the news, as well as the name of the news person who reported the story that I would hear two weeks later.
Now maybe it's just me, but that seems to fall outside of the possibility of coincidence.

Now take into consideration that I did this 6 times between 1996 and 1998.
Even if I had 6000 dreams during that two year time span, I still find it amazing that I could have these six come true. I remembered these dreams upon waking and told many people about them. We literally sat around and waiting for the events to take place, and they did. It was just too much information to be coincidence.

It's also interesting to note that I never missed. Not once did I tell someone about a news dream I had, and after waiting two weeks we gave up because it never happened. Not once. In all six cases, and only six cases, I made my friends and family aware of my dreams, and we saw my dreams happen exactly as described.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
[edit on 1/31/05 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
something odd happened to me the other day.i was sleeping and i thought to myself the time is 5:33pm and when i awoke i looked at the vcr and and it was exactly 5:33pm.can anyone explain this one?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
There have been many times in the past that I dream the news broadcast. I hear every word of a news story and see all the details right down to what color tie the news caster is wearing. I remember 6 of these dreams. Every single one of them ended up happening within two weeks. What are the odds that the only 6 dreams about the news that I remember are the 6 that really happen? What are the odds that every detail I remember in my dreams becomes present in reality? Not close, but exact.

Ever heard of illusory correlation? Look it up. I am not trying to put you down, but merely stating what the scientific world would say about precognition in dreams.

Now take into consideration that I did this 6 times between 1996 and 1998.
Even if I had 6000 dreams during that two year time span, I still find it amazing that I could have these six come true. I remembered these dreams upon waking and told many people about them. We literally sat around and waiting for the events to take place, and they did. It was just too much information to be coincidence.

Do still have those kinds of dreams or was it just two year thing?

And about remembering dreams, do you still remember them? The chances that you remember the exact detail of the dream is simply unpossible. Many times I know I dreamed about something, but could never put my finger on it. Is this true with you too?

Surf

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
Hmmm...I'd be interested in techniques for the mental discipline of lucid dreaming.

Any suggestions for some source material?

Probably the biggest pioneer in the west for lucid dreaming is Stephen LaBerge (so they claim) with the Lucidity Institute. They use various interruption techniques to induce lucid dreaming (some from toys they offer for a pretty penny). They also advocate keeping a dream journal (as do I).

www.lucidity.com...

But of course, as is usually the case, there is older accounts of this stuff across the seas. I highly suggest looking into the wisdom of the Tibetan dream yogis if you're serious about lucid dreaming. I don't know of any good sites for this, I would suggest checking your local library.

This site doesn't by any means scratch the surface of Tibetan Dream Yoga, nonetheless it is a good read with some cool techniques.

www.plotinus.com...

Here is a lucid dreaming & OBE forum I got from Gazrok? or Bandit? It's called Saltcube.com and is a pretty cool site, definetly worth checking out.

www.saltcube.com...

Okay assuming you 1) have a dream journal and 2) have a strong intent to lucid dream, here is a very basic outline of the techniques I have come across (not my words):

Waking Techniques:

Reality Checking:

Always Test First and then Decide when you have even the slightest inclination that you might be dreaming. In this way you won't miss valuable lucid opportunities. Also, throughout the day, ask yourself as often as you can remember, whether you are dreaming, and perform a test to find out. This may seem silly, but it will carry over by habit to the dream state, and you will be very glad (for once) when you find that your check has bounced! The best test is to read some text, look away and quickly look back. If the words change - you are dreaming! It helps to try to get the words to change. A digital watch is excellent for this. If there is no text nearby, look at your hands for a good 5-10 seconds to see if they appear wavy or odd in any way - as they most often do in dreams.

Bedtime Practice:

Before sleep, reread your dreams from the previous (or more) night(s). This allows you to begin to connect with your dream memory, and is also an opportunity to interpret your dreams and spot connections to the day's events. Then, as you go to bed, clearly ask (rather than command) yourself to remember your dreams when you awaken in the morning or during the night, and remind yourself that it's a simple, natural process. Also, suggest to yourself that you will spontaneously awaken when you need to without using an alarm clock, since it can inhibit recall. This method works well with practice, but you may initially wish to set your alarm for 15 minutes after your suggested wake-up time, just to be safe. Any time you awaken, keep your eyes closed (or shut them if already open) and remain as motionless as possible. If you moved since waking, return to your earlier body position. Gather as many images, feelings or impressions as you can, then rise and immediately record them in a journal (which you keep bedside) or say them into a tape recorder, no matter how brief or vague they may at first seem. You'll be surprised at how much more you can remember as you write (or speak).

Daytime Practice (Tibetan Dream Yoga):

1.Contemplating the body as illusory and unreal
2.Contemplating the mind and mental activities as similarly insubstantial
3.Regarding the world and all phenomena and experience as dreamlike, insubstantial, impermanent, and unreal
4.Recognizing the relativity and ungraspable quality such as time, space, knowledge, and awareness
5.Reminding ourselves of these four truths throughout our waking hours helps to dissolve the barrier between the dream of life and the sleeping dream. As we become more adept at these practices, we begin to regard our nighttime dreams as continuations of our waking dream and we learn how to bring habitual awareness to both

Mirror Practice:

The following mirror practice is an effective way of perceiving the dreamlike nature of “reality”, and especially of “self”. From time to time during the day, take a few minutes to do it.

1.Stand in front of a mirror and look into your own eyes.
2.Hold up a hand mirror behind your right or left ear and look at its reflection in the larger mirror. Keep angling the hand mirror so as to fragment and multiply your image as much as possible. Let your mind fragment along with the image.
3.After a few minutes, angle the hand mirror back until you return to the original, single image in the mirror in front of you.

The analogy of a mirror image is, like dreams, traditionally used to describe the insubstantial nature of our everyday experience. The mirror practice helps bring that teaching to life. The fragmented image is the kind we might see in a dream; yet we are seeing it while we're fully awake — or are we?

Allowing your mind to "fall apart" also helps ventilate the solidity we typically attribute to our world, and especially to our "self."

Deepening Your Practice:

To progress still further in Tibetan dream yoga,

1.Pay careful attention to your dreams
2.Record your dreams in a dream journal upon waking each morning
3.Recognize recurrent images, themes, associations, and patterns
4.Contemplate the archetypal, symbolic content and meanings of your dreams
5.Reflect on the similarities and differences between night dreams, daydreams, fantasies, visions, ideas, projections, and so on
6.Wake yourself up during the night to reaffirm your resolve to awaken within the dream and grasp the fact that you are dreaming
7.Sit up in meditation posture while sleeping to maintain continuous awareness while inducing and incubating lucid dreaming
8.During the day, maintain awareness that everything you experience is like a dream

Induction Techniques:

Arise during the night:

Research has proven that morning naps after a period of wakefulness are extremely productive times for lucid dreaming. This is for (at least) 3 reasons: (a) We have more REM (dream) activity per sleep cycle as the night progresses (i.e. more dreams, more chance of a lucid dream), (b) There's much less time between when we fall asleep and when REM sleep begins than at the start of the night (about 90 minutes compared to 5-20 minutes during a morning nap), so we have more chance of bridging the wake-sleep "forget-as-you-pass-by" barrier, (c) we tend to sleep more lightly (with much less or no deep sleep) as the morning approaches.

This technique probably requires the most motivation, but also provides the best pay-off. Week-ends or vacation are a particularly good time to try it. The best method is to arise either 1½ or 3 hours (1 or 2 sleep cycles) earlier than usual, stay awake for 30-90 minutes, and then return to bed for the remainder of your postponed sleep. During the period of wakefulness, it's important to "get awake" to some degree. Some of the best activities for this period are: taking a midnight walk (lots of fun!), love-making, and especially meditation (vipassana technique is particularly good). Ideally, anything that brings or maintains presence of mind.

Wake-Back-To-Bed method:

Sleep for between 4.5 and 6 hours, get completely out of bed for half an hour or so, you should get completely awake, reading something about lucid dreaming or doing other stuff, you could eat or drink something (probably so-called lucid foods, foods which are said to improve on lucid dreaming), and then get back to bed. This method has proved to help a lot on getting lucid dreams.

Nap Induced Lucid Dream (NILD):

It works by staying up for an hour or two after waking up before going to bed again. This has proven to be a very effective technique, maybe the most effective around. Sleep for about 5-6 hours, then stay awake for about 1-2 hours and go back to sleep. Maybe doing some MILD a few minutes before falling asleep. Or try staying conscious (WILD) until the dream starts. This will in many cases cause you to have Lucid Dreams. Also a good way to have vivid dreams, or will at least make dream recall easier. Staying awake for 90 minutes seems to work better than 60 minutes, though 60 minutes seems to be effective enough in most cases. And sleeping for 6 hours seems to be better than 5 hours, though it might be harder to fall asleep again. The time spent awake should be used thinking or reading about dream related issues. Like reading about lucid dreaming or related newsgroups.

Cycle Adjustment Technique (CAT):

The technique in which you adjust your sleeping cycle to promote awareness in your dreams.

Mnemonic-Induced Lucid Dreaming (MILD):

This technique is extremely effective, although it can be difficult to focus upon since it's practiced while falling asleep. The basics are: Before going to bed, use the autosuggestion method for promoting good dream recall and the occurrence of lucid dreams, and then (ideally) use the following technique on a previous night's dream: When you awaken after any REM period, arouse yourself and recall as many dreams as possible using the dream recall methods. Before returning to sleep (while sitting on the side of your bed is best so as not to doze off before finishing the technique), tell yourself "The next time I'm dreaming, I want to remember that I'm dreaming", then imagine you are back in the dream from which you just awoke, remembering it step by step, scene by scene, except that this time you see yourself recognizing that you're dreaming (ideally when something odd occurs) and carrying out some planned activity (see below). Then lay down, and focus upon your intention followed by the visualization as many times as you can until you fall asleep.

Reality-Check-Initiated-Lucid-Dream (RCILD):

A lucid dream specifcally initiated through the use of reality checks. Such as pinching yourself.

Lucid Induction of Lucid Dreams (LILD):

The technique in which you do something in a lucid dream that theoretically will remind you that you're dreaming in your next dream.

Influencing the dreamworld in a lucid dream so that dream world helps you to become lucid in a NORMAL dream.

Visual Induction of Lucid Dreams (VILD):

The technique in which you incubate a dream that reminds you to do a reality check and become lucid.

Dream-Initiated Lucid Dream (DILD):

This is a name for every Lucid Dream where you become aware that it is a dream in the dream. Meaning that you are unconscious before you become Lucid. Most Lucid Dreams are DILDs.

Wake-Initiated Lucid Dream (WILD):

A lucid dream that you enter consciously directly from the waking state, and already lucid. "Wake-Initiation of Lucid Dreams" is often used to refer to techniques in which you go directly from consciousness to the dream state.

A lucid dream that starts from a waking state. Usually, the dreamer "meditates" or relaxes by other means. Then they are able to go straight from a waking state directly into a full lucid dream.

Music Wake-Initiated Lucid Dreams (MWILD):

The practice of WILD with the assistance of music of the dreamers choice.

Punishment Induced Lucid Dream (PILD):

This technique works by punishing yourself every time you fail to realize that you were dreaming. While going to sleep, tell yourself that you MUST become Lucid this night OR you will be punished in the morning. Various types of punishment may be a cold shower or maybe an electric shock. A 9 volt battery against your tongue maybe. This technique should be used in combination with MILD. The point is to increase your intention, and it works.
Reward Induced Lucid Dream (RILD):

This technique works by rewarding yourself every time you succeed in having a Lucid Dream. Various types of rewards may be eating a chocolate bar, or anything else that you like doing/eating. Have the things you want to reward yourself by your bed, or ready to use. It will increase your intention. This technique should also be used in combination with MILD.

Spinning Technique:

1.Notice when the dream begins to fade When a dream ends, the visual sense fades first. Other senses may persist longer, with touch being among the last to go. The first sign that a lucid dream is about to end is usually a loss of color and realism in your visual imagery. The dream may lose visual detail and begin to take on a cartoon-like or washed-out appearance. You may find the light growing very dim, or your vision becoming progressively weaker.

2.Spin as soon as the dream begins to fade As soon as the visual imagery of your lucid dream begins to fade, quickly, before the feel of your dream body evaporates, stretch out your arms and spin like a top (with your dream body, of course). It doesn't matter whether you pirouette, or spin like a top, dervish, child, or bottle, as long as you vividly feel your dream body in motion. This is not the same as imagining you are spinning; for the technique to work, you must feel the vivid sensation of spinning.

3.While spinning, remind yourself that the next thing you See will probably be a dream Continue to spin, constantly reminding yourself that the next thing you see, touch or hear will very probably be a dream.

4.Test your state wherever you seem to arrive Continue spinning until you find yourself in a stable world. You will either still be dreaming or have awakened. Therefore, carefully and critically test which state you are in.

Rhythm Napping:

Kinda long so here is the direct link to the technique:
www.saltcube.com...

Some of these techniques had decent explanations others were just definitions. Please refer to these links for further reading:

www.lucidity.com...
brain.web-us.com...
www.dreamviews.com...
www.psywww.com...
www.saltcube.com...
www.plotinus.com...
www.crhsc.umontreal.ca...
en.wikibooks.org...:_Glossary

Induction Devices:

Nova Dreamer:

Basically a mask that registers when you're in REM and sends you a cue like a flashing light (a reminder to become lucid).

Dream Speaker:

You electronically record a 17 second message which plays back when you enter REM sleep (something like "you are dreaming"). It's triggered via a cable that plugs into the Nova Dreamer

PEST:

An overly priced electronic toy that aids the Reality-Testing technique. You carry it around with you during waking state and it does advanced stuff like vibrate and flash.

novadreamer.com...
www.waynesthisandthat.com...

Essentials:

1.Keep a dream journal...don't just record dreams, re-read them too
2.Always question your current state of consiousness
3.Pick an induction technique that works the best for you
4.Be persistent and patient.

If you have any questions (or anyone that read this post) feel free to ask me. I have healthy body of knowledge in regards to lucid dreaming.

[edit on 082828p://4u37 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
And also if you are able to experience some kind of flight during your dreams, it is said that you could be on the edge of lucid dreaming.

I think I can control my dreams, but not so sure.

Surf

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Man the only dreams i ever get is lucid dreams and symbolic dreams, I know some of my dreams are about the future, but their to riddled up and surreal for me to understand sometimes.

The first dream I was ever aware of, was the first dream I woke up from, not able to remember anything prior, I was five year old. I seriously can only recall these past childhood memories as my age progress through my dreams, and i would look through the photo albums, and see pictures of forgotten faces, and ask my parents about it and they would verify to me that it had all happened. I believed this was a symbolic dream, about the future, but i can't understand what it means, anyone wanna "debunk" or "tell me what me dream is about?" :

During my dream, I was at my cousin house, everything was, peaceful, in my dream i kept hearing "London Bridge Is Falling", It was sunny and brightful, and the butterfly were drinking necture(sp) from the flowers, and i was just laying on the grassy hill, bathing in the sun, and smelling the scent of spring. The house was almost an exact replica of my cousins house and street. Except for the steep hill I was on. The road was connect to the main street roads, but on the end of the road there was a dead end.

Everything was so peaceful, then like from a movie, the music turn more grimming and morbid as it slowed down, and felt like something had died. on the side of the main road, that connects with my cousin's street, I saw lighting, rain, gust, everything tumbling, everything was devastated. And like a youthful kid i was in real life and im my dream at the time, i was curious and went to the end of the streets, where two roads connect(main road and my cousins road), all I know was as i got to the edge a truck(transporting gasoline) flew by me, combusting in flames, and sliding to a screeching end a couple of yards away from me. I turned my head to the left, and walked onto the main road. On my left, was just full of destruction. Trees being torns from it roots, house seems abandon and destroyed, cars and trucks flying everywhere. I saw tornados, I saw the red cloudy sky, As I am aware it was a storm, because for all I know, I saw clear the blue sky once again, beyond the storm, and I knew was from that moment that i say the clear sky, I took the path(it was long, and treacherous, but only for a child of 5, and it wasn't going to be impossible)to reach to it and boom, I woke up in amnesia, as i told you guys ealier i couldnt remember event that occured to me beyond my waking point.

here are some rough sketches of the my dreams(you might wanna enlarge the images, cuz sometimes windows minimizes it):

1. home.comcast.net...
2. home.comcast.net...

if your interested i still have plenty of crazy dreams to share

[edit on 4-2-2005 by skyblueff0]

[edit on 4-2-2005 by skyblueff0]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
but i can't understand what it means, anyone wanna "debunk" or "tell me what me dream is about?" :

Well where do you want me to start. There are various types of dream analysis, most famous and controversial being Freuds's psychoanalytic theory and there is also information processing theory, which is quite easy because according to that your dreams are just random thoughts.

Surf

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Well where do you want me to start. There are various types of dream analysis, most famous and controversial being Freuds's psychoanalytic theory and there is also information processing theory, which is quite easy because according to that your dreams are just random thoughts.

Surf

Haha, thanks surfup, and all this time i thought that dream had some bigger meaning to it, lol well thanks for clearing things up for me.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
:::groan::::I'm in this $#@% forum way more than I want to be lately, but I saw this building and thought I would take look...no one can interpret dreams for anyone else.....no one views things the same. I can dream of spiders and rats or snakes and will mean something entirely different to me than it will to someone who is afraid of these things...colors, size, objects all have different meaning to different people....
And I was about to come in here and answer..."because some people are more in tuned with there minds ability than others.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
Haha, thanks surfup, and all this time i thought that dream had some bigger meaning to it, lol well thanks for clearing things up for me.

Well in terms of Freud it does. He thinks dreams are the roads to our unconscious. Trust me you will surprised at what Freud has to say and how much have gotten into the mainstream public. Most of us know the basics of Freud, thanks to hollywood, but the deep that is the interseting.

Surf

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
:::groan::::I'm in this $#@% forum way more than I want to be lately, but I saw this building and thought I would take look...no one can interpret dreams for anyone else.....no one views things the same. I can dream of spiders and rats or snakes and will mean something entirely different to me than it will to someone who is afraid of these things...colors, size, objects all have different meaning to different people....
And I was about to come in here and answer..."because some people are more in tuned with there minds ability than others.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. To an extent you can interpret other peoples dreams LadyV...

You can interpret other people in waking life, at least to an extent, no?...so why would dreams be different.

For example: John Smith is worried about an upcoming job interview.

1.In waking life he appears aggrovated and makes snapping remarks when he is spoken to.

2.John Smith has a dream he is at his job interview and the interviewer morphs into a black dragon and eats him.

In these scenerios you would need to know that John Smith had an upcomming job interview, at which point anyone would probably come to the conclusion from both these scenerios that John was worried about his interview.

That's elementary but it elucidates my point. You can interpret both.

Too simple...John probably already knew himself he was worried about the interview so what good does that kind of interpretation do for him?...probably none.

You would have to delve a little deeper into the interpretation for it to be of practical use for John, and that's when it becomes controversial. An interpreter might look at John's dream and decode why it was a dragon and not a tiger?...or why it was black and not blue. You're right LadyV this is very personalized (but so is therapy with a clinical pyschologist) so it's obvious the interpreter would have to know the person personally; the interpreter couldn't be a book.

So what you are really saying is you don't believe someone who dedicates their time to analyzing and interpreting dreams could do it for others. Even if the interpreter had sessions with the person.

And by dreams being too personalized we are really saying it's too cryptic...too symbolic to outsiders. Perhaps that's only to the untrained eye...

I find it slightly odd you don't believe this can be done LadyV...having read your posts from other threads (such as posts on human potential, etc).

My opinion on the matter is that if someone is skillfull enough he/she can interpret others dreams...at least enough to make it pertinent to waking life.

[edit on 062828p://5u41 by Lucid Lunacy]

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join