It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why some see future in dreams

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cerberus
Why do some people see thier future in dreams? I do. Just everyday stuff, taking a test in class, ordering food, so on and so on. Why?But, this didn't happen until my car accident(dang drunks) Now I see my future every now and then, and dont know it until it happens. I get a deja vuu feeling, then reconize(sp?) what is happening.

Yes, I have the same 'problem'. Though mine are mainly not near future, mostly year or so. The thing is you tend to forget untill it starts happening and then it comes back to you. It can be really scary.

[edit on 12/1/05 by MiTo]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
i love it when old topics gets rehashed

I wonder if Head injuries play a part in these types of skills? At age 2 I fell from a second floor balcony, head landed inches away from a large rock, actually any slight movement in any direction would have put me on a rock. though I didn't bust my head or anything, I was told I did have a concussion then. Now all my life, or as long as I can remember I've been unusual in the aspect of deja vu, dreams, and matters of the paranormal.

Perhaps certain head injuries or other traumatic events can flip a switch in us in regards to these things???

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Do you keep a dream journal so you can go back and review? Not only will this sharpen your skills at dream recall, you will have something to support you in the face of skepticism, and you won't forget the dream as easily.

to l1b3ral - you have some interesting theories. You mentioned trepidation earlier - I am new here and don't want to step on toes, but I think this is called trepanation. I know that, for me, the first is brought on by thoughts of the later, but they are not necessarily related for everyone!

[edit on 12-1-2005 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
Do you keep a dream journal so you can go back and review? Not only will this sharpen your skills at dream recall, you will have something to support you in the face of skepticism, and you won't forget the dream as easily.

[edit on 12-1-2005 by wellwhatnow]

hi wellwhatnow,
I don't keep a dream journal as I generally do not even want to know or remember dreams. I 've almost never talked about it to anyone and besides ats and some close friends I probably won't. As you all know it, it's hard to speak to someone who imbraces ignorance and denial.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Here is my theory. After experiencing some aspects myself I regard them as facts. Others may not due to not having experienced those situations themselves...anyway before I start to drift of...

When someone is born they are born with the ability to do great things. Not just in life, to achieve power and wealth, but also on a more spiritual level. Everyone has abilities hidden within which include; telekineses, telepathy, remote viewing and much much more.

These abilities are very strong within a child, still pure. They can see "ghosts" and beings from other realms as if it's normal. How often have you seen babies wave and smile at something which you could not see? - or suddenly cry when they seen something they shouldn't have? However at a later age kids are told by religion, parents and society that it's all mumbo jumbo and isn't real. Their heads get filled with junk basically.

Still people stay in touch with the vibrations and keep experiencing events which they simply disregard as deja-vu. Or when they think the excact same thing that a close friend does and disregard it as coincidence, even when it happens 20 or so times a day. The vibration are changing frequency and more and more people are able to percieve and recieve it. That's why I think that more and more people are seeing possible futures and paranormal beings.

You can't see it without proper guidance and training. It's the choice of each individual whether to disregard what is happening to you or accept it and learn more about it. I personally chose to learn more about it. Especially since in my case I been experiencing more and more and more frequently as well. So I needed a way to "control" it.

What you learn is that there are many realms/dimensions. There is the physical one which we live in daily, the dream world, the time dimension and several more. Time is linear, but it does repeat itself as well. Quite contradictive isn't it?
Anyway by having lucid dreams, or going to another realm by meditation, you can "time travel". You can travel back in time to see your past lives or go into the future.

Most of the future is not set in stone. You walk on a road so the speak and each choice you make in life will open several new direction on the road which you can follow. Due to the choices and decisions made in the past you can look into possible futures, one out of many side roads to follow. HOWEVER!!! Some aspects of life are set in stone, these are events which are important...including your time and way of death.

A lot of people can dream visions about possible futures on a subconsious level. Since they don't know how to "control" it they will just walk that one road of the future and the event dreamt about will take place. People like this will also only dream about moments that are bad, as if to get a warning from your higher self. People who are trained and know how to work with this gift can travel to any point in time and see many roads and many futures and can act accordingly as they see fit.

As for the person that started this post. I believe you always had the gift of foresight within yourself, but due to the accident your vibrations got in line with the spiritual vibrations and thus you became more perceptive of it. Thus you started to see things.

I hope this made sense, but I got to go now so I might post more later.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 05:57 AM
link   
This was one of my earlier ones, when i was about 19.

My best friend's girlfriend was in a dream I had around 1983, and I told him about it, she and I were kissing, and so it did not go over well, and I shut up. They broke up around a month or so later, and she moved out of her parents and into a basement suite. I was over there one night, and just as we started to kiss I realized it was the basement suite in my dream, exactly the same. When I had the dream she was dating him, and living at home. Within a couple of months of the dream, they split up, she moved into a basement suite, and one night, the first time we kissed, I suddenly remembered the dream and looked around. The couch and tv were in the same place, the carpet was chocolate brown, the same colour, and there were a couple of sheets of foolscap paper lying on the carpet in front of the tv in the same place and orientation as in my dream. It was very exact in its detailed likeness, identical as far as I could tell.

For whatever reason, maybe because i have always believed in magic, it did not really seem that unusual, but it was not believed by 99% of the people I told about it.

[edit on 1/13/2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
i agree that the car accident made you more open to recieving these visions and experiences of deja-vu.etc.i get that alot too but it started when i was 17.i used to be into backyard wrestling and one day i got clonked on the head with a steel chair really hard so hard i saw a red flash.then these things visions,deja-vu,active majick,etc.... has been happening since then.im only 20 btw bout to be 21.i always think that that chairshot knocked something loose and i am glad that it did.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It would make sense that events involving head injuries or sudden blows to the head could trigger some hidden ability, as seem to be the case with many of you. But in my case, I have always had precognative dreams, and it seems that on average I have one every 2 to 3 years where when the event occurs it is something of massive significance. And as far as I can tell, I have never had any sort of injury that would trigger it. I think that the part that weirds me out the most is that in the last couple of years I have gotten to the point where I get these messages while I am awake.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
i occassionally get deja vu like being in a place that ive know ive been before. maybe its just me.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
this use to happen to me as well. i would get this weird feeling....then i would realize i had been there before, doing whatever i was doing. Has not happened in some time though....wish it would start happening again

Tahlen

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Perhaps certain head injuries or other traumatic events can flip a switch in us in regards to these things???

I dont agree with what you say, but i will fight to the death for your right to say it
hahah just kidding

i actually agree with what you say except i believe it doesnt have to be triggered by NDE's or other traumatic events, i beleve its just an altered state of conciousness....

What does everyone have in common (for people that have deja-vu)
1. an altered state of mind.

this could have been affected by near death experiences (you would ahve been dead for a ime , and then revived) or even black outs. Some times it is triggered by medetation (also may well be an altered state of conciousness)

need i go on? any imput or suggestions on this? CONSTRUCTIVE critisim?(sp??)

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I don't think any of us can actually see the future.

Rather, I am of the opinion (and I could be wrong) that what is billed as "the future" in visions is actually a memory of the past.

Without repeating myself ad nauseum, the threads are in my signature block if you have a lot of time and a penchant for crazy writing.

For what it's worth, I urge against believing what anyone posts, but what I put in those threads is what I experienced, whether profound spiritual adventure, psychosis or just good old-fashioned delusion.

You decide.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Warning: Gratuitous Thread Plug

I don't think any of us can actually see the future.

Rather, I am of the opinion (and I could be wrong) that what is billed as "the future" in visions is actually a memory of the past.

Without repeating myself ad nauseum, the threads are in my signature block if you have a lot of time and a penchant for crazy writing.

For what it's worth, I urge against believing what anyone posts, but what I put in those threads is what I experienced, whether profound spiritual adventure, psychosis or just good old-fashioned delusion.

You decide.

Well, I have to say that I have a different view, I saw events that happened months, and even years later....

do not believe if that is your wish, I care not.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ive read most of this thread but theres one thing i dont get you guys might be able to help me with. Some guy was talking about boxing and how he had a dream about a fight that then came to be as he dreamed it. Also some one else was saying about them dreaming about some ones death then them dying. What i dont get is, if this is true and they can indeed not change it eg lose the fight in the boxers case and stop people from dying in the other, it means everything is predetermined and that any choices we make dont matter because it was gonna happen that way anyway and we have absolutely zipo power over our own lives. Personally i dont believe this, but from what i have read that is the assumption i have come to, can you guys correct me if you know better or understand any way i could have 'assumed' wrong?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Also if any one has seen the future about tonights match (football, or 'Soccer' as you Yanks call it) betweet Manchester United and Exeter can you tell me so i can make a trip to the bookies, even if i have no control over my life i still hope im rich!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I have experienced a great many precognitive dreams. Some of them happened in reality just as dreamed. Some of the things I was able to influence so that the outcome was not as dreamed. So, I do not believe that precognitive dreaming proves any type of predestination.

Although I know nothing about the football match, Good Luck!

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by l1b3ral
'___' causes the brain to bleed, tiny ruptures of pathways

This is entirely untrue. '___' causes no PHYSICAL damage to any part of the body including the brain. That is not to say that the experience in and of itself could cause MENTAL damage, i.e. crazyness. Look around on this site if you want facts, i gotta go to class, but i'll find the exact link when i get back.
www.erowid.org

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The answer to your question is that nobody knows. Everyone believes they have an explanation for it, but the truth is that if we knew the answer to that question then we would be centuries ahead of our present time in intelligence.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Somebody must know even if just one person can chage what they have seen, then it means life isnt predetermined, surely?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Holly Crap I though I was the only one.

This has been happening to some extent to me since I fell from a 2 story ladder. I Still have a nice crack you can feal on my skull from the fall.

I see varying degrees of important to very mundain things. I often think nothing of the dreams due to the fact that there full of strangers or places I've never been or plan to go. Then I'll be sitting there and it floods back to me and for a few moments it's like watching somthing I've seen a 1000 times before.

I stopped telling people about this several years ago due to the starnge stairs, and general your crazy coments.

I had the most lucide and hard to forget visions or dreams about a year after the fall. I was 8 and though I will not recount the dream for you I will tell you it was a vision not only of my death but of many others. I can say it was very bright and warm almost like I was ingulfed in hot light, though it didnt hurt I got the distinct feeling it was the end of alot of things. I can see the dream like it happened just 5 min ago. Though I didnt know at the time what a nuke was the more I try to piece it together now that I am 30 the more it seems more nuke like.

This is the first time since I was in my teens I've told anyone but my wife of my "dreams" and I've never even told her about the one I bieleve will be the end to my life and many otheres, so thanks to everyone who reads this for letting me vent this 22 years later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join