It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five held over Pope terror alert

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

What would you like me to do, Phone the BBC and ask for the newsreader, who conducted the discussion, to send me a transcript of the whole discussion over the Security Powers the police have over the 4 day visit of the Pope?

I am going by what I watched and heard in the discussion. The group might have medical trained staff who he;lp the officers, but they specifically said, If a Individual looked threatnen, or look unstable during the popes visit, then the officers can use this power to have them sectioned under the mental health act. Although it has never been done, and could go against the human rights act.

Why would Ilie about something? I have no need to. If you do not believe me, that is your perogative not mine.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I'm not saying your lying, per se, just confused about what was said or who was saying it. You're asking me to believe you, but trust me when I say a Police Officer has zero power to section anybody. Only a Doctor has that power and I believe it has to be the opinion of two to be honest so that abuses don't occur.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Laurauk

I'm not saying your lying, per se, just confused about what was said or who was saying it. You're asking me to believe you, but trust me when I say a Police Officer has zero power to section anybody. Only a Doctor has that power and I believe it has to be the opinion of two to be honest so that abuses don't occur.

I am assuming Laura is talking about the FTAC unit as described in this report.

External Link

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

stu is right.
The police can detain people under section 136 of the mental health act if they believe that person's mental state is a danger to themselves or others, however only a mental health professional has the power to section them after an assessment.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Laurauk

Care to furnish any proof?

As far as I know, a medical professional is required under the MHA and it has no provisions for some uptight fuzz to have someone sectioned. They can certainly apply to have someone sectioned, as can you or I, but a medic needs to sign it off.

2 Medics. in fact. Even when the person to be sectioned is in custody or prison.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
"Anti-terrorism police are continuing to hold six men arrested in relation to a potential threat to Pope Benedict XVI's visit to Britain.

All six, who were street cleaners, were arrested in London and taken to a police station in the capital. Officers are searching a number of homes and business premises in the city, including a cleaning depot.

All six men were arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.

Officers are searching a number of homes and business premises in the city, including a cleaning depot."

Officers have not found any hazardous items

Source www.bbc.co.uk...

This is the lateset report on the men. It seems quite ridiculous. The men are being held after a 'tip-off'. Nothing has been found.

We all know that mentioning the 'B' word anywhere near an airport will get you locked up for a while. I wonder is it now the case that these guys were speaking not very positively about the pope that got them arrested?

As a result the word 'Terror' can be flashed acrossed the millions of Tv screens. Terror alert is high, only a matter of time before a big terror strike, not a case of migh happen but will happpen, terror, terror , terror...........be afraid little people......

edit on 18-9-2010 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Absolutely agreed. See I am a person of faith, but I insist that there be no special treatment in order to appease ANY faith. If there be a case to answer, one may not be allowed to hide behind followers and worshipers to avoid the arm of law. It must never be so, because all law will become less than useless if it does.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
All have been released without any charges. The whole bloody thing was a crock.

It turns out that they were overheard telling an inappropriate joke about the POPE.

THIS IS THE UK 2010. The UK has lost the plot.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join