It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Taken Down by U.S. Capitol Police in D.C. Shooting Incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Gunman Taken Down by U.S. Capitol Police in D.C. Shooting Incident

www.foxnews.com

Capitol Hill police (USCP) confirmed Friday one man was shot by officers after being seen brandishing a weapon within walking distance of the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.

USCP said no officers were injured in the confrontation. They became aware of an armed man said to be walking around a Capitol Hill neighborhood at 5 a.m. local time.

"A few moment later, the suspect was observed brandishing a weapon directly at USCP officers at 2 & C St., SW. Fearing for their lives, officers fired their weapons," USCP information officer Sergeant Kimberly Schneider said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Early on in a incident like this it's pure speculation as to the reason for an incident such as this. Whether this was a local resident or a dissatisfied citizen who has traveled to Washington DC for the express purpose of "voicing" their concerns remains to be determined.

This story will need to develop before a clear motive can be ascertained.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

that article's authors and editors made a choice to say those officers were "fearing for their lives", why not just say that the guy was pointing a gun at them and the officers were "doing their job" instead?

curious choice of words, in my opinion.

i'm not sure if i want to know what a guy who is pointing a gun at people is thinking. maybe he was not putting a lot of thought into thinking about it.

just a few of my thoughts on this,
et

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I would have thought, anybody brandishing any kind of weapon, in or around W/DC was asking for trouble.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Obviously he had a death wish. I mean seriously, brandishing a weapon outside the capitol, what did he expect ? . Oh wait, there going to ask to see his firearm permit first...sheez some people are so unstable.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Well , seems like this could go anywhere really doesnt it ? Lets think of all the reasons that a random person might be wandering around at five in the morning, in spitting distance of the capitol building, with a gun? The obvious ones take into account the location. Political anger? Senator screwed his district over? Not happy about health care (some people need to learn about complaints forms!!)? Thing is, that close to the capitol , could be a whole nest of reasons politicaly why he might have been there.
Or could this be another of those cases where someone got a gun without an appropriate level of checking...

" Hi, mah names Dick, I been arrested forty nine times, Im certified insane, my momma is my sister, and I wanna purchase one o them right pretty 357s you got there!"

There again, could just as easily be some doped up pusher guy after a strange night out, a former member of the armed services with a PTSD kick going on, cheated husband, hunted cheat... anything could be happening.... doesnt it make you salivate?! All this potential ... its making me sweat!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Agree with you, but i do feel he wondered into one of the nations most secure areas, now add to that, him carrying a handgun, well that has to be asking for trouble.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

It is exceedingly difficult to legally own a handgun in Washington, DC. And until a recent Supreme Court Decision it was impossible. It is relatively easy to obtain a handgun in the rest of the country with a few exceptions.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

Hey , I wasnt saying that he bought it in town ... I was just saying, theres alot we dont know so far, he could be a mental case whos slipped the net thats all ! Im sure DC is as solid as a rock on stuff like this.

new topics

top topics

join