It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ufo and paranormal database launched

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I just came across this article about a new ufo database being launched.

www.mediasyndicate.com...

Unfortunately when I click on the two links probided i get an error.

I think this might be a great database, maybe the server is just overloaded when I checked.

I will have a look again.

What do you guys think?

VVV

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
I think this might be a great database, maybe the server is just overloaded when I checked.

The database is at the link below, which works fine for me at the moment:

abnormalinsight.com...

That "database" only has a small handful of reports in it at present (11 in total from the 1940s to the current day). This handful includes several well known sightings, including at least one video which has been fairly conclusively debunked here on ATS.

The database does not appear to include any references which allow a researcher to follow up on the sighting reports (unless you already know about the relevant incident) or any links to places where the sightings are already discussed/explained.

There are already several major UFO database and many, many websites which allow users to report sightings.

It is not clear to me what the person/people behind this website hope to contribute (if anything).

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

As i gather from the article, the database is still rather new and being worked on currently.

I believe their aim is to have 1 database where all ufo reports since forever is reported on. With up to the minute reports.

Damn, i am sounding like a PR person for them, sorry, not my intention.

VVV

Oh, and this is the error i get when trying to log into the link:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /page/uforeports on this server.

edit on 17-9-2010 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: forgot the error

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This database is a great idea. I also get an error message when trying to access it, so guess I'll have to wait a little until the problem is sorted out.

Will it allow more that one account (if more than one person saw this) of the same incident? It's alway interesting to see the different perspectives people can have when facing the same thing.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I noticed a link to the database, so I thought I would come over here to see what was being said. I noticed that some of you are having problems with accessing the server. I believe this to not be a error with the server, rather it has to do with a modification on the server called GeoIP which can allow or disallow certain countries from accessing the server and thus responding with an error message.

I’ll change that today and may get rid of it all together. It was originally planned to keep spammers out. However it does appear to be keeping those who are interested in what we are doing out as well. This is nonproductive. I do apologize for that.

We do have a multiple methods of spam prevention already in place, so I will safely assume we would be fine without GeoIP turned on. However, if at any time we were to turn this back on, what country are each of you from?

The system we are using to power the database is powerful and as such I do believe can outperform the other databases as the others are using outdated methods. They are however the professional researchers.

We do/should or will allow multiple accounts of the same sighting. If this isn’t already possible then I will set it up in the database relationships. Any and all feedback is appreciated and will be listened to carefully.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
That "database" only has a small handful of reports in it at present (11 in total from the 1940s to the current day). This handful includes several well known sightings, including at least one video which has been fairly conclusively debunked here on ATS.

The database does not appear to include any references which allow a researcher to follow up on the sighting reports (unless you already know about the relevant incident) or any links to places where the sightings are already discussed/explained.

There are already several major UFO database and many, many websites which allow users to report sightings.

It is not clear to me what the person/people behind this website hope to contribute (if anything).

What you said are all good points and are very relative to our ongoing enhancements to the database. Just because there are several other databases out there does not mean they are the best possible way to provide the information. I am not saying our way is either. It is just an alternative.

All of our respective databases from the UFO Reports to the Ghost Stories are all user submitted and we allow any and all reports/stories within reason. If something has been debunked then a user can politely post on that report about it being debunked and include a link to another site where this had already been discussed.

The Spiral UFO, I know has been debunked as being a missile. When I do have the time I will go through the video section and either remove that or make a new category called Debunked for those stories and videos which have been explained and proven to be something identifiable.

It is with suggestions and feedback that we can expand the database and our understanding of what is desired.

With that said, what would you add which would enhance the overall research ability of the sightings? I have a few ideas. I just wanted to try and touch base with you to see what you like and dislike about current databases.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
We are still working on everything behind the scenes. Looking back at what the current system lacks, we are contemplating taking both the UFO Reports and Ghost Stories databases off that domain and having each with their own dedicated domain.

Right now The Ghost Stories database is already being worked on using wordpress and thesis, along with several other premium modifications that does drastically enhance the database over the IP.Content version.

new topics

top topics

join