It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More rights for fathers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I feel that men have no power when it comes to their kids.

If a woman leaves a man and takes the kids, he is lucky if he sees those kids twice a week. Also, it is damaging for children to have their father removed unless he is an abuser.

It seems to me that women have far more rights than men when it comes to children, even if in some cases men would be the better parent.

I would like to see equal rights for everyone.

I have posted this because my son and his partner are going through strife and she has threatened to remove the kids, even though she (probably) has post-natal depression. She certainly has depression and I have urged her to seek professional help.

My son has stated that, although he adores his two daughters, he will return to his father's country (Greece) rather than become sidelined.

This is not fair to him or those girls.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I agree men invariably get the thin end of the wedge were custody of their kids is concerned following a relationship breakdown.

It's not fair at all.

Let's face it, unless the mother is breastfeeding, there is nothing a mother can provide to the kids, that a father can't.

Fathers are just as loving, supportive, inspiring and nurturing of their children that the mother can be.
Quite why courts decide more often than not, the kids should go with the mother and not the father is baffling.

There's no real biological benefit to the child. And that's the important consideration, the child.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Also, Spikey, I have to say this.

If little girls don't have their fathers it is shocking. It leads to a lot of inappropriative behaviour with men.

Girls need their fathers to tell them that they are loved by males. If girls do not have that, they will turn to any man.

This is a fact.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I tend to agree I am one of the few fathers who got full custody of their child. I have seen approximately 300 dollars in child support from my sons mother in the last 4 years. Oddly The courts don't seem to be taking it at all seriously in pursuit of getting her to pay her whopping 90 bucks a month in support.

top topics

join