It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Optical Illusion To Slow Down Drivers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Source:

Is this a good idea? It might cause a driver to swerve or attempt an evasive manuever and cause a crash rather than slow down a speeding driver.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Thats what I thought too, but imagine what happens if you drive on that road alot. You get used to it over time and start to ignore it. Then one day theres a real girl, and Instead of the Boy who cryed Wolf, you get the Road that Cryed kid..

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

^ Agree with Cheesefacedogbone on this one.

Terrible idea, I say.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
It's a wise idea in concept but a poor result in execution. People will get used to it and no longer pay attention to it. Next thing you know, people will think that real kids playing ball are illusions too. I actually think it's a potentially dangerous deception.

There's also an existing thread about this: Speed Bump: optical illusion of a child

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Australia already has its own optical illusions, ADR (Australian Design Rules) used to stipulate the speedo's accuracy must be within +10 to -10 % accuracy.
From about mid 2008 from memory the ADR was changed stating the car must be travelling slower than the indicated speed up to 14%
So on our highways limited to 100Kph you may be only doing 96kph as I have seen some cars we sell use up to 12% of that tollerance and warranty wont fix it as its built within the ADR's

Now heres the catch in my eye speedo's used to me a lot more accurate in the 70's and 80's than they are now, with todays computer controlled instruments I thought they would be a darn sight more accurated than an old analogue cable driven unit. Woohoo way to move forward guys just like the fuel comsumption figures.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
wow this goes with the thread i wrote on holographic projection..

if you here from "maybe..maybenot" show him this

top topics

join