It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatars That Impress People & Make you Look Really Cool

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
I think it's best to stick to one avatar so as to avoid confusion.

Hmmm who are you again? not seen this Avatar in many posts... are you active?

BTW this avatar scares my Ferret

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
To the op:
Condescending tone aside, the avatars people choose are as varied as the reasons for choosing them. A more open and non-judgmental mind would have seen this and understood it. (Yes, I saw the other thread you wrote that was closed and was re-directed here. Explains a lot about this thread).

To:

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Avatars and images can and do say something about the person using them or convey a message. What that message conveys may mean different things from the perspective of the user and the viewers, but I have no doubt that there is an influence. An interesting study on avatars and images and what the research suggests is here: Influence of Avatars and Images, no need to read the entire thread, the opening post summarizes the study and the study itself is attached.

I just finished reading the study in the link and it does bring up some good questions. I will not derail this thread by adding more than that, but am glad that it was placed here for reference.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm2012
I figure if I post a cool Avatar people will be impressed and I can make my internet more powerful tool for me to continue my level of sophistication I prefer to show my cooler side.

Why don't you just go and make another thread whinging about people's avatars.....oh wait you did.

Seriously what is your problem? Are you drunk? Or do you simply have an issue with some people who have put in more effort than you on this site?

Get a life mate.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY
p.s. Sometimes ya feel like a nut....sometimes ya don't!

True! Why just now, I have a craving for cashews but I didn't an hour ago! Uncanny!

IRM

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Welll I really like my avatar. Kinda expresses something i really really like
makes my profile feel more personal and makes it feel like its mine and that I'm not just taking up space.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I got mine courtesy of Ashely D. I like the red tones of it. I use it for my own liking, if others like it then thats cool too. There are many nice ones here on ATS and I do like to check them out reading the threads.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

laughs and more laughs.....yes....but i suppose its all in good fun...mine is completely orginal though.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm2012
Is there a psychology behind these people who really want to IMPRESS PEOPLE or look COOL only on the web?

I look cool in person, too

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

Isn't your avatar just a way to express yourself?

Or to express something you like or are intrested in, or something you just think looks cool?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join