It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

some questions about boinc!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
hi again mates....harg!!,,i just start to use boinc today,,,i have a lot of questins, but i will just resume some now:

- i have trasfered my old seti acc to boinc, but i can't see my old resuts any where...it is right?...if the results was reseted, why the advantaje of tranfering the acc?

- it have downloaded 6 WU at the moment but it is working just in one, ! it is possible to work on all at the same time?

- There are any type of a new "seti monitor" to this version?

thx in advance for the possible unswers friends.

*edited* to change a question.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by kangaxx]

xn

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
it will show the amount of workunits you completed for seti@home classic. There's no seti monitor for boinc right now, but there is a program called boinc spy, which is like seti spy (based on the same source code in fact). I'm not sure you could process 2+ workunits at the same time, but all this would do is slow work on 1 workunit down and in the end, you finish the same amount, but with higher times.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
thx for the info mate

i have joined the ATS seti group 2days ago, but today i have trasfered my acc to boinc, and it says that i am not in a group!, that means that the ATS group is not active yet in boinc?, or means that i must join again!?

xn

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   
yeah, try joining again. The teams were moved over to BOINC on May 14. I think they're going to update it once more when BOINC reaches M2.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
ok , thx once more friend

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hi, Someone told me its quite useless to have running seti@home or your pc, if aliens already exist what is the point of looking? and he told me, who knows what they use your pc for other things to download...is this true? i had it running, but I deleted my acc becuase of this guy, what r we actually looking for on seti? and has anyone ever founded something?
What do you think?

later my friends

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hi, Italiano. There is a great threat on that issue. Read through it and make your own decision on the merits of the search, but rest assured that the program is quite safe. It is just a relatively cheap and easy way to sift through a very large amount of data collected by the radio telescopes. I love SETI.

Why SETI@Home?

Feel free to add your thoughts there, too. See you 'round.

join