It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "National Security" Apparatus Has Been Hijacked to Serve the Needs of Big Business

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The "National Security" Apparatus Has Been Hijacked to Serve the Needs of Big Business

Washington's blog

As I noted yesterday:

Claims of "national security" are ... used to keep basic financial information - such as who got bailout money - secret. That might not bode for particularly warm and friendly treatment for someone persistently demanding the release of such information.

I gave the following two examples:

•Reuters noted in January:
U.S. securities regulators originally treated the New York Federal Reserve's bid to keep secret many of the details of the American International Group bailout like a request to protect matters of national security, according to emails obtained by Reuters.
•And Business Week wrote on May 23, 2006:
President George W. Bush has bestowed on his intelligence czar, John Negroponte, broad authority, in the name of national security, to excuse publicly traded companies from their usual accounting and securities-disclosure obligations.

georgewashington2.blogspot.com... curity-apparatus-has-been.html

A little article I came across about the military/complex using the national security excuse to hide behind.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Yes its getting that way..

I'm sure Obama's dog has an alias to protect it's identity...

Ahh, National Security at its finest...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Oh,yeah I'm surprised that DHS has not attempted to classify the oil spill as "national security." yet.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Well, actually they have. DHS is restricting Scientists from investigating the Oil that is still in the Gulf.
Once professor had water samples taken, notes and his study, all under the pretense of DHS and National Security.

Professor Says Homland Security Confiscated Samples And Notes Of COREXIT Dispersant

It seems these days, that Homland is more interested in petty things, like candelight protests, and animal rights demonstrations....

Another Terrorist Alert Targets Peaceful Protests

It is really pathetic...Yet if we dont allow a mosque in a prior terrorist landmark, jihad will blow us up, and DHS says...they have rights!

new topics

top topics

join