It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong reports 5 UFO sightings in 1 day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
english.peopledaily.com.cn...

There is a new wave of sightings over Hong Kong in which new photographs have been taken. I have the feeling that the image is some sort of reflection of the lamps. ATS members this is a case for you to work on and see if it has any depth. If you go to the link above the article is available, and you can even listen to the article.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
5 reports in one day is pretty interesting for any particular city...

Looking at the one picture a citizen in HK took, It appears to be a real object and not some reflection..

Zooming in close shows what appears to be a solid shape..

I find the astronomer/skeptic's explanation to be logical and a possibility, but I don't agree with that conclusion..

These people are more motivated to explain it away wether it is a real thing or not simply because when they speak publically, they represent their employers and are fearful of backlash and ridecule.

The way the article reads is pretty amusing because that one scientist is explaining every sighting as just light reflections (even though they could be that), but not 5 different sightings in one day. All blamed on some goofy camera trick of light and such is harder to believe..

Good catch,

Hopefully there will be more pictures posted somewhere about these sightings..

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
According to the article you've posted:

Wang Sichao, a planetary astronomer from the Purple Hills Observatory under the Chinese Academy of Science (CAS), confirmed after one week of analysis that the UFO sightings were "ghost images" as a result of the reflection on camera lenses from the intense light emitted by outdoor circular lamps. The outdoor circular lamps are symmetrical to the video image center.

So it appears to have been proved wrong on that very same page.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Radiobuzz
According to the article you've posted:

Wang Sichao, a planetary astronomer from the Purple Hills Observatory under the Chinese Academy of Science (CAS), confirmed after one week of analysis that the UFO sightings were "ghost images" as a result of the reflection on camera lenses from the intense light emitted by outdoor circular lamps. The outdoor circular lamps are symmetrical to the video image center.

So it appears to have been proved wrong on that very same page.

Now which one do you believe in? This guy "expert" opinion or the witnesses?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MilzGatez

Well, if the study has reached empirical conclutions then I will believe the study, although it doesn't appear to be on the site. In fact the site doesn't appear to have much info either way around.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Yeah, that is the biggest problem so far.. not enough info.. The astronomer is making those blanket explanations but not showing any data or images except the one image which was taken by a citizen, so the funky camera/light reflection explanation is just a hypothesis so far... He could very well be correct... but looking at the one available image, I don't think that is some hokey reflection on the clouds from a light.. People taking pictures of the night sky in a city near a big stadium type light don't usually turn up some disk shaped thing with lights around it..

We need more data..

edit on 17-9-2010 by alienreality because: typos

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Radiobuzz
reply to post by MilzGatez

Well, if the study has reached empirical conclutions then I will believe the study, although it doesn't appear to be on the site. In fact the site doesn't appear to have much info either way around.

Your right about that , not much on it but having those studies could also be disinformation so you'll have to take it with a grain of salt also.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

Paradigm2012.....

You might be interested to know that Franspeakfree has also introduced this topic here:

UFO'S spotted in Hong Kong Debunked 'allegedly'

CHRLZ made some interesting comments therein.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 17-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Additional info

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm2012

There is a new wave of sightings over Hong Kong in which new photographs have been taken. I have the feeling that the image is some sort of reflection of the lamps. ATS members this is a case for you to work on and see if it has any depth. If you go to the link above the article is available, and you can even listen to the article.

You do actually realize that your link debunks your own thread, right?

It plainly says in the article that they are actually calling these 'ufos' Ghost Images, or reflections in the window from the lamps.

There's no classier way to start a day, than debunking your own thread.
I'll throw you a s+f for that, at least hah!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jephers0n

Originally posted by Paradigm2012

You do actually realize that your link debunks your own thread, right?

It plainly says in the article that they are actually calling these 'ufos' Ghost Images, or reflections in the window from the lamps.

There's no classier way to start a day, than debunking your own thread.
I'll throw you a s+f for that, at least hah!

U failed :-x

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I trust witnesses before some ATS User or second hand expert.

ATS users think having a big googled avatar for their profile is something special.

new topics

top topics

join