It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter Slams Ted Kennedy On Health Care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If you actually believe these 'Confidence Men' care one iota about the common man, then you need to seriously open your eyes! It's all about power and control, and their own inflated egos.

Jimmy Carter Slams Ted Kennedy On Health Care

"The fact is that we would have had comprehensive health care now, had it not been for Ted Kennedy's deliberately blocking the legislation that I proposed," he tells Stahl. "It was his fault. Ted Kennedy killed the bill," says Carter. And Kennedy, who then ran against the president for the democratic presidential nomination, did it out of spite says Carter. "He did not want to see me have a major success in that realm of life," he tells Stahl.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Wow. Now Jimmy Carter comes out and beats up on a dead man.
Why didn't he say something about this earlier, like in the 1970's?
Maybe he did and I just didn't hear him?
Naw, all we heard back then was he has nice hair, he's got a great smile, he believes in Jesus, and he admits he lusts for other women, but doesn't take action upon his lusts.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I happen to believe him. There were many forces (whether they were acting together or as one, I'm not sure) that wer ensuring that Carter not succeed, such as the neo-cons who made a deal with Iranians to not release the hostages until after the election. In fact, it would surprise if not. I would not surprise me at all, if Kenedy wasn't acting in concert with the infamous PTB. Our government is corrupted through and through and although I don't agree with Carter's politics, I do believe him to be more honest and partiotic than the other puppets who head our government.

Kennedy is just as bad as Bush, Cheney, Obama, Clinton, etc.... They all work for interests that contradict our own.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
If you actually believe these 'Confidence Men' care one iota about the common man, then you need to seriously open your eyes! It's all about power and control, and their own inflated egos.

I think that's a great lesson to take away from this. Call me naive but I do have a gullible soft-spot for Jimmy.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It seems that we have Kennedy to thank for saving us from government run healthcare threats all the way back from the times of Nixon.

Ted Kennedy: Protector of American Healthcare?

Ah, the ironies of politics. The late Sen. Edward Kennedy, an early and steadfast proponent of national health insurance, turns out to have spared Americans from such a fate for nearly 40 years.

In 1974, President Richard Nixon introduced the Comprehensive Health Insurance Act. Looking like nothing so much as the recently passed ObamaCare law, Nixon’s plan would have mandated that employers provide health insurance for their employees and would have created or expanded other government health-insurance programs to cover those who did not have employer-based insurance.

Kennedy, then chairman of the Senate Subcommittee on Health Care, refused to work with Nixon to pass his plan because it didn’t go far enough to suit the senator, who had proposed a single-payer health-insurance scheme — and thus the first crack at nationalized healthcare went down to defeat. Kennedy would later refer to this incident as his biggest political mistake.

Thus, while we have Kennedy, in part, to thank for the unconstitutional disaster of ObamaCare that has now befallen us, we also have Kennedy, in large measure, to thank for protecting us — for all the wrong reasons — from nationalized healthcare for the preceding three-and-a-half decades. Can I get half a cheer for Teddy?

The New American

Can we get a cheer for Kennedy?

Anyone, anyone....

Didn't think so.

new topics

top topics

join