It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Non Christian visions and apparitions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I've heard plenty of stories about people seeing Jesus or Mary, but I am interested in finding some stories where people have had encounters with other religious figures like Muhammad, Krishna or Buddha. It would be extra appreciated if you could find visions that were sighted be people who were not religious, or were in other religions. Like an atheist or Christians seeing Muslim or Hindu figures.

edit on 16-9-2010 by NamelessMonster because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2010 by NamelessMonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NamelessMonster

Well, if you're like me and living in America, the reason for the predominance of Christian visions is because Christianity is the predominant faith in America. At the same time, the persecution complex accompanying several sects of the religion give the followers an unbalanced demeanor making them crave to turn any mundane experience into a religious vision or prophecy so that they can feel important and special in their God's kingdom.

No one would see Jesus in their toast, or the Virgin Mary in a stain on an underpass if the people were more secure in themselves and their faith. They wouldn't need silly religious relics in food and nature to make them feel justified in believing what they do. Unfortunately, Christianity is a religion of self-degradation (we're all sinners, our salvation died to save us but we still sin, God despises us unless we accept He killed Himself to save us, etc), so it's followers are constantly looking for affirmation of their faith.

Hinduism is not widely practiced in America, so the visions of Krishna, Brahma, and the other Asuras, Devas, and Gods of the Vedic-Hindu caste do not make as many appearances here as they traditionally do back in India where their belief system began and flourished. All yogis, gurus, monks, and Hindu priests tend to have visions, dreams, or some kind of inspiring event occur to turn them towards the road they're pursuing.

Googling "Hindu visions" might yield a lot of India results.

The Buddha wasn't a god... so if anyone has a vision of Buddha, the Buddha would consider such a disciple as not quite grasping the whole meaning of his message. What a Buddhist has is something called Satori, which is a powerful moment of clarity, realization, and understanding. This is a common occurrence actually, experienced by all fledgling, and full-flung Buddhists as it is the desired goal of meditation.

Now, what each Buddhist sees in Satori is going to be different as existence is subjective, not objective. All of life is subjective. We all exist, but why we exist and what we choose to explain how we exist is not something that can be garnered by any religion or dogma.

So, to answer your inquiry, you can search for "visions of ______" and very easily find dozens of cases of just such a being having been witnessed by a follower.

As for an atheist seeing God... not likely to happen as an atheist would never admit to it. The vision would be written off as an hallucination, or some kind of dream, or a faulty memory, or pareidolia... any number of reasons to not accept it as a genuine vision.

And a Christian seeing Krishna? If you were a Christian and you saw Krishna would YOU suddenly go "Krishna is real!" or would you rather say "The Devil gone and done fooled me!" because a non-Christian vision experienced by a Christian is always categorized as "of the Devil".

I wish people would be open to others' religious beliefs, and willing to experience them. Unfortunately, religious-minded individuals are seldom so understanding and open-minded. On the same hand, atheists are just as discriminatory as the religious at times too.

Interesting topic though, and maybe you'll get some personal ATS accounts of religious individuals seeing their chosen gods, goddesses, or nature spirits.

~ Scribe

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well, I was an atheist raised in a non-Christian background and had a Christian related experience. I now believe in Christianity.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I wonder how a non religious person would recognize a "Christian" vision. I don't think I would know exactly what Jesus or Mary looked like, or anyone else related to Christianity. How would a person recognized anyone, especially "God" , unless the vision is auditory as well, and they introduced themselves?

Sometimes before I go to sleep, various types of faces will rotate through my mind, nothing human looking. I guess when I'm sleepy, my imagination is at its best. The only ones I've seen that were recognizable is the type of face that is often related with Aztec/Mayan stuff.

A vision would be very interesting to experience.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It was not a vision but tactile sensations, like invisible blood dripping down the sides of my head, the feeling of tears of blood, a pain like a nail followed by a sensation of hole in my hand, plus I could hear the dripping of blood. It scared the hell out of me when it happened.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Excuse the sharing then! Perhaps you will find what you are looking for and suddenly realize it was the same "Damn'ed" thing.

edit on 9/17/2010 by Greensage because: OP needs a better perspective

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I said that I didn't want Christians apparitions or miracles. I want stories of people seeing or being talked to by other religious figures or seeing things related to other religions. I'm sure there have to be plenty, I just have trouble finding them over the sea of christian based sites.

Also, where in the Bible does it say that Saint Peter has a book of names?

edit on 17-9-2010 by NamelessMonster because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2010 by NamelessMonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
*Accidental double post*

edit on 17-9-2010 by NamelessMonster because: Double posted the same messasge

new topics

top topics

join