It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bloop: A Mysterious Sound from the Deep Ocean

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Did a search on this and got nothing. I heard about this "Bloop" some time ago and have not heard anything about since.A creepy sound that fills my mind with visions of some huge aquatic sea creature.Some scientist say that this sound is bio made if so what sort of animal could make such a loud sound? Nothing known to man.

Several times during 1997, a sound reverberated through the Pacific Ocean that has been a mystery to science ever since. Dubbed “the Bloop”, the sound rises rapidly in frequency over one minute and was loud enough to be picked up by multiple sensors located up to 5,000km apart. These underwater listening devices were put in place in an area known as the “deep sound channel” during the Cold War to detect and track Soviet submarines, and are now used by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to monitor natural phenomena. The NOAA says there’s no way the sound was man-made, and while it does sort of resemble a sound made by a living creature, there’s no whale in the world that’s large enough to produce a sound of such volume – not even gigantic blue whales. In fact, no creature that is ever known to have existed on this earth even during the time of the dinosaurs would be capable of creating The Bloop. Of course, that could only mean one thing: it’s the Call of Cthulhu! Coincidentally (or not), the sound was traced to a remote corner of the Pacific Ocean located within 500 miles of the lair of H.P. Lovecraft’s legendary sea monster.

Source:weburbanist.com...

edit on 16-9-2010 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Not sure if this should be in Cryptozoology forums or here? But I was looking more to the scientific community to see if anyone had a logical explanation maybe something man made like a submersible of unknown origin? who knows? Does anyone know if the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has picked up any strange sounds recently?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
hmmm..... very interesting! im thinking some sort of aquatic mammal or reptile, but just has capabilities of making very loud noises, just don't kno how........

i hope we can research more...

maybe its a USO....

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
OP did you recently Watch Shatner's Weird or What on TV? They bring up a bunch of theories. As well I saw it on TV yesterday, and the timing is ironic to me.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
OP did you recently Watch Shatner's Weird or What on TV? They bring up a bunch of theories. As well I saw it on TV yesterday, and the timing is ironic to me.

No.I missed that, I don't get cable just internet.What channel was that on? maybe I can down load.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Could someone re-post the sound? For some reason this is the only thread on ATS (so far) that The OP is missing. I can only see two comments.... Very confusing.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm going to go with the logical explanation of Cthulhu. What else could it be? It's even right around the same area that Lovecraft placed R'lyeh.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
To me it sounds like a bubble popping. Maybe methane being released?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Not many know this, but Cthulu had bad gas that day. Hate to be the bearer of bad news guys, but mystery solved...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
To me it sounds like a bubble popping. Maybe methane being released?

I was thinking along the same lines but everything I read on this subject seems to rule that out. Even the NOAA says it's a mystery.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Found some interesting links on the bloop NOAA Vents program.www.pmel.noaa.gov...
According to them the (recorded signal has been sped up 16 times)!
I found the bloop here in real time:www.bloopwatch.org...
Source:www.bloopwatch.org...
Very creepy.
Here someone took the sound file of the slowed down Bloop and made a reaaaally creepy short film comparing the Bloop and Cthulhu!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
No man, Godzilla or Satanzilla

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
this is strange, something new for me to look into, can not think off hand what it might be though, watch this space.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
I'm going to go with the logical explanation of Cthulhu. What else could it be? It's even right around the same area that Lovecraft placed R'lyeh.

But thats quite funny , how they find a sound that if attached to an aquatic animal , that said animal would be enormous . And it just so happens that the location of the sound originated at almost the exact spot (I think the difference was by a few miles ?) where a writer decades ago stated that a huge aquatic alien god is supposed to linger
Ah and You did know that allot of what Lovecraft wrote came to him in dreams
? Makes you wonder

edit on 19-9-2010 by Thill because: Spelling mistakes

edit on 19-9-2010 by Thill because: Spelling mistakes

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara

Damn the penny pinching tv execs!!!! We get some unknown crap English narrator who can't get the intonation right making the program laughable and you get SHATTNER!!!!! grrr grrrr come the revolution brothers come the revolution.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Here are some more unidentified sounds from the NOAA Vents program.

Slowdown: www.pmel.noaa.gov...
The slowdown sounds like moaning to me.What ever it is, sends chills down my spine.

Julia: www.pmel.noaa.gov...

Train: www.pmel.noaa.gov...
Whoo whoo from miles down very eerie.

Upsweep: www.pmel.noaa.gov...

Whistle: www.pmel.noaa.gov...
Just haunting.

Source:www.pmel.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

It's not a bad show for the Shat man, as I call him. He... doesn't.. Talk... like...nearly... every word... Is.. its... own... sentence. Its on youtube I think.. I found an episode there...

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

Thanks for the links.I did a search and did not come with anything but there they are.
Sometimes it's good to take a fresh look at things forgotten.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Not that I'm any kind of expert but it may be possible that is was some kind of event in the Earths crust... not a seismic event but something else. Perhaps the stirring of oil/gas under the surface. Sounds pass very efficiently through soil and water so I think we shouldn't just limit it to something that may have happened in the water.

As far as being some kind of massive creature, physics would probably suggest that something couldn't physically grow that large without collapsing under the pressure of it's own weight... even in the water.

I dunno... maybe it was an interstellar evacuation warning to the whales and dolphins that Earth is soon to be destroyed to make way for an Intergalactic Superhighway? You know... "So long... and thanks for all the fish".. and all that

IRM

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join