It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About mankinds future and some questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So what I have heard that there's a lot of discussion about climate change, impending war, pandemics, and economic collapses.

But you never hear about the media talking about the incoming ice age. But little that I hear on the news that the sun is waking up slowly and giving the sun a warm welcome into it's new solar Cycle. Solar Cycle 24. You've heard that this cycle is gonna be a bit quieter than Cycle 23 or this solar cycle being very very active and intense causing blackouts power failures and shortages, people had the idea that the sun's big big solar flare could poissibly flip the poles, causing navigation and GPS to screw up. It might also cause the birds to migrate further north instead of south from the polar shift. The worst case scenario would that the Earth's rotation would stop and spin the other way around, causing massive Tsunami's, earthquakes, and for all the volcano's to go off at once. But no need to worry about that, I did pick up on this article saying that the Magnetic field on the sun is waning down again!! It's was starting to pick up, and now it's slowing down again. So be prepared fellas. This year or the next year in 2011 maybe or last summer that we see. In the northern parts of the world.

sources:
iceagenow.com...
iceagenow.com...
www.heartland.org...

Here's some more interesting information of how these ice ages form and how long these cycles are.
www.crystalinks.com...

Think of what this ice age would cause, to transportation, economy, food production, our carbon emissions, will sky rocket through the roof. The goverment will tax us to death with carbon emission tax to keep ourselves warm. Food will be scarce throughout the northern parts, of Europe, Canada, and parts of the U.S. So stock up on non perishable items whenever you can! And medical supplies, and vitamin suppliments.

We have also the pandemic, where the flu season is most strongest during the cold winter months. But when this ice age does come there will be flu all year round. And there will be a stronger wave of viruses, and deadlier vaccines. Do not take the vaccinations, of course. So it's true that colder weather kills more people than heat. I personally could see houses being buried underneath meters upon meters of snow. Some people will be trapped inside their houses.

And I have some questions for you all ATSer's what do you prefer:
Hot or Cold?
Dry or humid?
Frostbite or sunburn?
Hypothermia or heat stroke?
A category 4 hurricane on land for 2 days straight, or a Condition 1 blizzard in Antarctica in -60 degree weather for a week?
(For those who don't know what a Condition 1 storm looks like) www.youtube.com...
Mudslide or Avalanche?
House being flooded in with 2 feet of water. Or getting a house buried with 20 feet of snow? Note: 1 ml of water equals 1 cm of snow. So times it by 10.
Severe thunder storm with heavy rain, with golf ball to grapefruit sized hail, 60 mile an hour wind speeds, spawning tornados, lots of lightning. Or do you want to be trapped in a Ice Storm. Like the one that happened in Quebec in 1998?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
OW talk about pick your poison. Neither condition is appealing. The big problem I see is people having to adapt to a drastic change to their local weather patterns. Like in the south western states during a snow storm but x100. Houses built for the old weather pattern. Flat roofs suck for heavy snow. Lack of resources just for the new weather pattern would be the killer. Stuff like heavy clothes, snow shovels
etc. Most people I reckon would die from the elements before they starved.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89

The worst case scenario would that the Earth's rotation would stop and spin the other way around, causing massive Tsunami's, earthquakes, and for all the volcano's to go off at once.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think this probably goes against everything that Newton figured out.

Not an expert, mind you... Just saying that this sounds highly, highly unlikely to me.

I could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Originally posted by Shrukin89

The worst case scenario would that the Earth's rotation would stop and spin the other way around, causing massive Tsunami's, earthquakes, and for all the volcano's to go off at once.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I think this probably goes against everything that Newton figured out.

Not an expert, mind you... Just saying that this sounds highly, highly unlikely to me.

I could be wrong.

This is only in theory, I think of it as a highly unlikely event as well, you need something very massive to change the direction of the planet to change it's direction. The suns magnetic field is decreasing and the Earth's magnetic field is decreasing as well. So I can't see the sun having a influence on the Earth's rotational spin. But the Earth did however spin in the opposite direction before. But did it occur before in the last polar shift? Who knows?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
OW talk about pick your poison. Neither condition is appealing. The big problem I see is people having to adapt to a drastic change to their local weather patterns. Like in the south western states during a snow storm but x100. Houses built for the old weather pattern. Flat roofs suck for heavy snow. Lack of resources just for the new weather pattern would be the killer. Stuff like heavy clothes, snow shovels
etc. Most people I reckon would die from the elements before they starved.

It all really depends on the geographical location for sure. But it's a change for the better to get you more well prepared. See what it feels like by grabbing an ice cube and keep on holding onto it until it all melts. You feel a bit of numbing pain from the cold. That's what it feels like in -15 C degree weather. Depends on your blood circulation in your hand too. My hands are always cold. Not from holding ice cubes all day. Everyone reacts to extreme temperature changes. I adapt to winter, I become more tolerant to withstand cold temperatures for a longer period. So it does take a while to withstand the elements. Just do what feels comfortable. If you feel cold put more layers on. If you feel hot you take some layers off.

People could die from either or. It depends on where you are. If your outside in the cold you are then more likely to die from the elements than starvation. If you are bundled up inside keeping warm, and you have no food, because of either a poor growing season or snow is built up so high you cannot escape your house. You are more likely to die from starvation. Snow is a pretty good insulator, against the cold frigid temps outside.

I'll tell ya what I prefer out of these choices.

I prefer:
Cold
Dry
Sunburn
Hypothermia
Condition 1 Blizzard
Avalanche
House being flooded in with 2 feet of water
Severe Thunder Storm

edit on 16-9-2010 by Shrukin89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have some more info coming in about the incoming ice age. Get well prepared for anything that comes your way. Get warm clothes, non-perishable food items, weapons, ammo, vitamins, medical supplies. It's gonna be the cold weather that is going to depopulate the earth. Food supply will run dry from the cold growing season. Grocery stores will close their doors. Have you ever realized that the media tells the masses the complete opposite of what's gonna happen? The media, Al Gore started spouting of the Earth is gonna keep warming up. So Global Warming it was, and so we made laws to limit fuel consumption that will limit the CO2 in the atmosphere. Until people started to believe that the month's weren't getting any warmer they were getting colder. Last year the media was saying that Washington D.C was having a Snow armaggedon. That in the streets cars were sliding everywhere, people getting stuck. Whoopie Doo! So they revised Global Warming to be Climate Change. See that they didn't mention Global Cooling?

Another thing that the media says is that the economy is rebounding it's recovering so lets spend spend spend!

The swine Flu vaccine, get your flu shots!! Who wants a flu shot? Everybody come and get one if your at high risk!! Don't panic, the flu shot will do no harm what so ever. We have all heard about this bull# before.

So give this a read please, and prepare for some climate changes. Er Global Cooling!!

iceagenow.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
That looks intense.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

But the Earth did however spin in the opposite direction before. But did it occur before in the last polar shift? Who knows?

The Earth's polarity changes very frequently. Geologists use magnetite's polarity when it cooled to assist in correlating rock formations. However, the Earth never rotated in the other direction. At least not before 4.5 billion years ago, the age of the Earth.

edit on 27-9-2010 by sureshot321 because: Forgot quote

new topics

top topics

join