It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground Zero mosque imam Feisal Rauf is a no show in New Jersey court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
O.k., so the guy is labeled a slum lord by the city, the city is paying people to watch his buildings, and he doesn't show. Not only doesn't he show, his attourney has no excuse for him not showing other than he's been busy. They have no proof of repairs or work being done.....nothing. Maybe he doesn't realize under American law when the judge says you have to be in court, you actually have to show up.......I wonder why the judge gave him an extention until late september, even though he was a no show?

www.nypost.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Didn't want to offend someone maybe?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
this is a joke. If you or me were given
a summons to appear and we didn't show
up, we'd be held in contempt, fined
and got an arrest warrant in our name.

But this SOB gets a pat on the back.

This judge needs to be ousted to cleaning
toilets in the courthouse.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Generally no you wouldn't basically if your lawyer is there and doesn't know why you aren't the date will just get rescheduled, things happen. You wouldn't want to make a habit of not showing up though or get pictures of you partying down in a different country or anything but these things happen all the time.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Jovi1

ahhh bull, thats called a failure to appear...........

They issue warrants for that..........

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Not bull if your lawyer is present and you are not, they will and do overlook it, I know I have had it happen to me. They didn't send the police to my house they didn't issue any warrant. I got a call from my lawyer asking where i was and given my new court date. It is that simple it happens people forget, write things down wrong, have deaths in the family are ill whatever.

If it were soemthing that is happening repeatedly of course it would be different.. But generally yeah the court will simply overlook it happening the first time.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I would think that with the situation being so important that a show cause would have been issued for missing court but I guess not. I have found that there’s always some reason for subjects like this one to be delayed and with the fact that he missed court a lot of people are proiblity not to happy that it’s going to be dragged out even longer so the tension is being escalated in both sides.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
An update on the case:

Union City landlord complies with order, gives city officials papers showing what he's done to answer tenant complaints

So he wasn't "given a pat on the back" for not showing up in court, he was given a deadline to turn in papers showing that he's addressing the issues. Which he met.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Think you for the update.

top topics

join