It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman in acid attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Woman in acid attack threw the liquid at herself

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Police are investigating reports that Bethany Storro threw acid in her own face.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-9-2010 by berkeleygal because: link and headline was messed up

edit on 16-9-2010 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Why? Why? Why? Why? Why would someone DO THIS TO THEMSELVES? For attention? To lay the blame on an African American? I am just purely perplexed about this.

Is this crazy or what? I just don't get it. People sure are strange.

Why? Why? Why?

There are no words really to describe how stupid this woman is.

edit on 16-9-2010 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I guess the word would be disturbed, mentally ill, how sad.

I wonder how the mental health community would classify this sort of behavior.

edit on 073030p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: add

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

edit on 16-9-2010 by Lysergic because: would probably be taken the wrong way.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Maybe she suffered body dismorphic disorder and really hated her face or something. It is too bad because she is cute in kind of a seemingly sad kind of way, or she was.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Seems like a lot of speculation. There is no proof that she did it to herself. I have a feeling that the black community possibly with aid from 'The Queen' herself had something to do with the allegations that she did it to herself. Reverse racism possibly?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
Seems like a lot of speculation. There is no proof that she did it to herself. I have a feeling that the black community possibly with aid from 'The Queen' herself had something to do with the allegations that she did it to herself. Reverse racism possibly?

I haven't been following this story, so I don't have a clue what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
i thought she looked good.

no reason for her to acid herself.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
People have problems and obliviously she has problems in her life. I have gone out with girls who were very attractive. Yet they didn't believe they were so they took it out on their own bodies. It's sad when it happens. Sometimes you can't help them at all.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What I meant by my comment was that the idea that Oprah spearheaded with the black community to make allegations against the woman because the woman said a black person attacked her was as plausible than her doing it to herself. There is no proof she hurt herself.

I didn't really mean that Oprah was behind it all. I was just making a point at the lack of proof.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The point is, why do you believe anything you read. If they suggest she threw acid on herself, its probably a lie. Like the 12 year old girl who had to pay for those who raped her because she wasn't "believed". So much of what you see is a lie. I don't beleive she threw any acid anywhere, let alone on herself.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
She was probably sexually abused as a kid, or abused otherwise.

Mentally sound people do not do this, no matter how narcissistic they are.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If you bother to search the internet, there is unfortunately a lot of people out there who are into self-mutilation (including amputations and such). It's just that there are sick people, and that's all there is to it.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Its just unsubstantiated hearsay. Yet many is posting as if its valid.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
news.blogs.cnn.com...

A Washington woman who told police that a stranger threw acid in her face admitted Thursday that her injuries were self-inflicted, authorities said.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems she admits it to be truly self-inflicted. No speculation just truth.

Raist

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Interesting. Then I recant my previous statement. She is nucking futs.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Why would she say a black woman did this if she knew there would be no black woman to blame it on. I don't think she did this to herself - most people that mutilate do it in private - this happened on the street. Maybe someone is ticked because she didn't appear on Oprah's show and thought well we will just say she did this to herself. As for knowing what was said to her by the attacker - perhaps she can read lips. We may never know the outcome of this one.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Never mind - I didn't see the link where she said she did this to herself. Wish we could delete our posts, this is the first time I have felt the need to do that - I bad. Dang the things people do!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
sweet! in the orginal thread I talked about how people at my work and I had been covering this and we came to the conclusion that a self attack was probably what happened based on the story and the way the acid splashed her face.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Easy there, calling this woman stupid based on rumours?

Come on, we don't know if this is true.

Edit: OK now I've seen she actually admitted to it, which is crazy.
I still feel sorry for her.

edit on 16-9-2010 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join