It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Tell Me The Difference Between The Neo Tea Party And The Neocon Republicans?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

Is there some difference I am missing? They hijacked Ron Paul's movement and I want it back. What the hell is going on here?

The liberal media is what's going on here.

Any gathering of republicans or non-incumbent republican is now considered a tea party candidate.

Tea party people are mostly libertarians.

It is the press that is making things confusing.

God forbid they comment on real candidates.

edit on 16-9-2010 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Is there some difference I am missing? They hijacked Ron Paul's movement and I want it back. What the hell is going on here?

Any gathering of republicans or non-incumbent republican is now considered a tea party candidate.

It's the Press?

So what comes out of Glenn Beck's and Sarah Palin's mouth about those things I listed is really not them speaking?

Tea Party people are mostly Libertarians? Nah, Ron Paul is....I am.. the NEO Tea Party....not so much.

Yes, God forbid Ron Paul and his supporters get anywhere. We needed the GOP to rebrand themselves and take our umbrella and call themselves "Libertarians".

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

Actually I quoted Wikipedia verbatim. Hence the """"" Quote marks.

yes, and you liked it all..but then you added this

1) Support for the ongoing War On Terror (most) 2) Support for Israel (most) 3) Support for integration of church and state on policy (many) 4) Suspicion or hatred of Muslims (many) 5) Obsession with Obama's birth ( Most) 6) Constant interjection of "This country was founded on Christian principles"(Most) 7) Constant talk about "morality" and the hinting of legislating it.(Enough)

funny, I dont see ANY of that touted by the Tea Party...........I do however see you extrapolating things that arent true, on the basis of slandering the TPM..........your interpretation of what you think you heard and what actually IS are often very different........just because you take something one way doesnt make it fact......

You just became aware of it recently, cut the crap

I just came aware of it recently? thats presumptuous of you now isnt it? Ive been very aware of that word for a long time, its a catchword for the libs.......has been for a while now......

Neoconservatism is a political philosophy that emerged in the United States of America, which supports using modern American economic and military power to bring liberalism, democracy, and human rights to other countries.[1][2][3] Consequently the term is chiefly applicable to certain Americans and their strong supporters. In economics, unlike paleoconservatives and libertarians, neoconservatives are generally comfortable with a welfare state; and, while rhetorically supportive of free markets, they are willing to interfere for overriding social purposes.

Funny nothing like the word you guys throw around............the TPM definitely doesnt want a welfare state........nice job trying to tie them together......

Name EXACTLY how my thread constitutes "trolling"...

Oh i dunno, the name calling the insults to peoples intelligence because of your "superior" attitude, all of which are considered ill mannered.........and have been reported........keep up the good work tho, and by all means, keep up the insults, it does you no favors

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
GOP = same old song and dance.

TEA Party. = same old song and dance for idiots.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8bbbbacf040.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 9/17/2010 by whatukno because: he he he

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I thought you were diluted, but in this case you are just lying

You are saying that the liberal media was able to persuade Dick Army, Palin and Beck to steel, rebrand, promote and market RP's Tea Party movement?

Anything to fit your agenda, like you said before

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
pot calling the kettle black when any liberal uses the term neocon.

really now what sets the democratic party apart from the so called neocons

tell me how is the democratic party any different with its current expansion of government and im tired of blaming bush hell cause bush did it we can too.

if bushs politcies were so wrong and the left and liberals and democrat denounced the man at ever turn why have you all continued the expansion of government through bribery cohersion and extortions and intimidations.

seems to me you people guilty of the very same things as you decry the teaparties ofand the republicans.
bank bailouts,corporate welfare now going into global welfare and cap and tax.

you people decry republicans of civil liberties every single day and yet at ever chance you get do the same whether its gun laws or and unconstitutional healthcare law.

let me tell you something life underneath obama and pelosi hasnt been a walk in the rose garden simple fact

never in this nation have americans been more broke and more stupid and that is mainly attributed to liberals socio and economic interference.

its pretty clear this is a bait thread and its also clear that to this guy the only way is the liberal way and screw what anyone else thinks.

too bad tho this november it will be clear as day that people are sick and tired of the left wing fringe which this guy is.....

the problems in america today which arent being addressed and made worse have given the rise of the teapartiers.

and soon they will be fired

you can have the last word im bouncing to be quite frank this thread wasnt worth the time.

edit on 17-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
GOP is politician led
Tea Party is people-led

HUGE difference!

any other questions?

Nope! Both is people lead. But using your logic the tea party would be politician lead as well. Just look at O'donnel a devout tea party patriot who has tried running the past 5 times.

If anyone from the TP gets into office it's not going to be anyone that just decided to get involved.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
GOP = same old song and dance.

TEA Party. = same old song and dance for idiots.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e8bbbbacf040.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 9/17/2010 by whatukno because: he he he

Haha that is one of the funniest post I have seen in a while. The Tea Party politicians are not new faces, and they have for profit events. LOL.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

No, there are no differences. The tea parties consist mostly of disgruntled Republican voters and is really what the movement is about. To the front in the lead, Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck along with the rest of the Fox network. You've also got all the tea party candidates running as Republicans and all of the political speakers at these rallies as Republican. Essentially the tea parties control the Republican party as the vast majority of Republican voters and politicians are pro tea party, so you have essentially the entire GOP establishment being tagged.

edit on 17-9-2010 by Southern Guardian because: typo

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

And the likes of Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck are leading these tea parties. Are they libertarians? I'd like to know from you as to what seperates your average tea party protester from the Bush conservatives years ago? Have the tea parties rallied for constitutional rights of muslims? of homosexuals? Were the tea parties present when the Patriot Act was being thrown around in DC? Were the tea parties present during the debt hike under Bush? Please, let us know what makes the tea parties stand out from your 'run of the mill' Republican. I am very interested to hear this.

Who are the real candidates? O' Donnell? Rand Paul? Are they anarchists? Are you a social conservative or an anarchist? Can I have some clarification of that comment?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
tell me how is the democratic party

Actually much of the Democratic party has proven itself to be no different in agenda than the Republican party.

if bushs politcies were so wrong and the left and liberals and democrat denounced the man at ever turn why have you all continued the expansion of government through bribery cohersion and extortions and intimidations

Because most Democratic politicians have proven themselves to be no different in agenda to Republican politicians.

you people decry republicans of civil liberties every single day and yet at ever chance you get do the same whether its gun laws

I am sorry but there was never an attempt to ban guns completely. This is just another strawman argument to instill fear and create publicity. It has never happened and it will never happen, and people like you are well aware of this. It does not stop you from fearmongering over the 'possibility'. I can cry and whine that the conservatives are going to force me to obey God and attend church. At the end of the day we all know this will not happen, and this is not reprentitive of all conservative motives, but I can lie and make it out to be an issue. Fearmongering can apply to almost anything.

too bad tho this november it will be clear as day that people are sick and tired

So by November the 'sick' and 'tired' people will make their voices heard by voting the Republicans back in. Right, that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I find it interesting how a couple here think I am a "Liberal" because I made this thread.

I agree with roughly 95% of what Ron Paul espouses, and I mean down to the last piece of policy.

Constitutionally, economically, domestic and foreign affairs....but I guess speaking ill of the Beck Palin HIJACKED Tea Party ruffles feathers.

I looked at all the new candidates that the Tea Party is backing for office.

Look at the list that the "Tea Party Express" endorses.

Calif. - Chuck Devore (R)
Florida - Marco Rubio (R)
Kansas - Todd Tiahrt (R)
Kentucky - Rand Paul (R)
Nevada - Sharron Angle (R)
Pennsylvania - Pat Toomey (R)
South Carolina - Jim DeMint (R)

House Candidates:

Calif.-4 Tom McClintock (R)
Ga.-6 Tom Price (R)
Idaho-1 Walt Minnick (D)
Ind.-6 Mike Pence (R)
Minn.-6 Michele Bachmann (R)
S.C. -2 Joe Wilson (R)
Tenn.-7 Marsha Blackburn (R)

All Republican registered (even the lone Democrat is a closet Repub), most or all are Pro War, most or all are Pro Israel, most or all are Pro "BIBLE STUFF" being integrated into society through official Government channels, that this is a "Christian Nation", etc., most or all are Anti Gay Rights (Libertarian huh?), most or all support the "War on Terror" (garbage), most or all believe in "family values" and have tried in the past to legislate morality, most or all have supported Federal legislation that should be relegated to States, most or all speak harshly of Muslim culture, most or all support Big Oil status quo policy, most or all support offensive attcks against IRAN being "on the table".

A couple people on that list are WAY out of touch with reality and have said some wacky stuff about "being American". LIBERTARIANS????????

Since the "Tea Party Express" seems to be the most well funded and vocal branch of the Tea Party, this is the face of it's future. The Republicans, far Right, and the mainline GOP knew that the "Tea Party" brand would get them votes, so they jumped on it and hijacked it. The GOP base and it's Neocon minded politicians are NOT STUPID!

Ron Paul should be denouncing them. The Tea Party itself should be too. If more of these types gain power, we're right back to Bush Era policies and God help us then.

edit on 17-9-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
oh, hey, i see someone already started this thread. Thanks! Great Topic!

So, here's what I said in this one:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Agreed. There is no "Tea Party". It's essentially a conglomeration of social conservatives and ill-informed libertarian types who seem to be reacting to complex issues like the bailouts and the economy with very simple-minded slogans and 'solutions' that seem to be along the lines of something as wholly impossible as 'starting all over'.

I maintain that most who are running with the "Tea Party" endorsement at the moment are basically former Republicans, and that those voting for them are, for the most part, the Republican's base. The REALITY of the situation is, once these social conservative, former Republicans do get elected (IF they get elected) they will obviously continue to act exactly like the Republicans they have always supported, and only EVER-so-recently turned their back on. So to pretend they are truly 'Independent' seems naive, to say it lightly.

There is indeed a glimmer of hope for a truly independent party to emerge in American politics, but much of this talk of distrust of "Big Government" is really nothing more than the Corporate Agenda unfolding, wherein the public loses every last semblance of democratic control of their lives to a Corporate Utopia of total ownership of everything, from water and food to land and even clean air. A truly independent party would, IMO, need to recognize the existing power structure in Washington, and know that any power vacuum would only benefit the Corporate Empire of Wal Mart/Haliburton/Sodexo etc

Remember pre-9-11 when the anti-Globalization movement actually had a modicum of traction, and there was a demand by a growing number of citizens of the First world to actually USE these democratic powers to LIMIT corporate control? Remember when THAT was the true face of a MOVEMENT that had real grassroots connection, and a tangible platform?

To see this loose conglomeration of Fox News Reality Shows magnified, re-packaged and sold back as "News" and calling it a 'movement' elicits either nasuea or laughter, depending on my mood and level of caffeination.

If anything, the Tea Party is a test run for a future faux-populist movement when they steal an upcoming major election a-la 2004, defying every exit poll as well as a fabulous disinfo campaign to ensure that the national debate doesn't go getting all informed and reasonable and productive.

edit on 17-9-2010 by justadood because: me grammar and spelling to so goods

edit on 17-9-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join