It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebels Against the Light - Perfect Possion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I am posting this to make people see how evil works.

Author's Note: Many readers will find this article, a study of the nature of evil, difficult to read. In fact, psychiatrist M. Scott Peck noted that our instinctive reaction to evil is revulsion. Difficult though it may be, it is important that we know and comprehend evil's nature because that knowledge can help us recognize and combat evil, and protect ourselves from its effects. Remaining ignorant of it can only play into the hands of the Evil One himself.

This very important article tells us that cases of possession are of various types. Few, however, including Catholics, are aware that cases of possession that come to the attention of exorcists are only of the partial or incomplete variety. There is something worse -- total or perfect possession -- which is rarely spoken of even by the Catholic Church.
www.newoxfordreview.org/article.jsp?did=0509-,page1

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
your link was malformed.
Find the article in question, here. www.newoxfordreview.org...

Also, to read the full article you need to subscribe. I take it you are subscribed lol!

edit on 16-9-2010 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'd like to point out that it seems to me that the article (I'm not subscribed, so I can't read it all) has a decidedly Christian bias towards the nature of evil. While I know many users will find this perfectly acceptable as they may be some form of Christian themselves.

However, the nature of evil can be examined from other angles too. A dualist would see evil and good as two sides of the same coin, that one cannot exists without the other. "Evil" and "good" are subjective; any act can be turned from light to dark, or dark to light depending on circumstances and unforeseen variables.

To philosophers and atheists "good" and "evil" come down to ethics and morality. So there's no need for possession, evil, cruelty, etc. Everything just comes down to the nature of humanity (whether natural of nurtured). Everything to people of this mind is subjective, there is no objective evil. Nor is there an objective good either.

There are other ways of studying evil and good too. Above all though, I think the argument should always come down to simple, common, human decency.

What is evil? Evil is that which hurts yourself and others. What is good? Good is that which benefits others, and causes you to feel like your actions were appreciated. A good act can be disguised in an evil form, just as easy as an evil act can come in the guise of kindness.

Just my opinion of course. I may subscribe (if no one finds the complete article available elsewhere) to see what else the author has to say on the subject.

~ Wandering Scribe

new topics

join