It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infamous Conspiracies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Since joining ATS, I have come across many famous conspiracies.

Roswell -

JFK -

Princess Di -

Moon Landings -

NWO -

Yeti�s -

etc......

to name but a few.

But have also come across some rather Infamous Conspiracies, like

John Titor
and
Grant Gartrell

I would like to know of other Infamous Conspiracies which are of the quality, scale and detail which the 2 mentioned above are.

The John Titor conspiracy being my present favourite as it has yet to be debunked. Unless you know otherwise.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
John Titor, the time machine dude. Apparently some of the stuff he has said has actually come true, thats what the weird thing is
I still have no idea to explain that dude. He is still a grey area, the pictures of the time machine are odd and i don't know what to make of them. Apparently, we should see the start of a civil war in America, according to him

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
The John Titor Conspiracy (JTC) was the work of either a supreme hoaxer, a screenplay/writer or a time traveller.

I thought that one of the best ways to debunk the JTC would be to make a film or mini series based on the story, if it were a hoaxer, it wouldn't be too long before he would come out of the wood work.

The best conspiracies, are those that base their lies around facts.

A good hoaxer has a superior knowledge of the field in which they are hoaxing, far more so than your average laymen. Which is how the Aussiebloke (Grant Gantrell) Conspiracy (ABC) managed to string people along until the dates quoted passed.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
If the whole John Titor thing is a hoax, its a good one. He has done a lot of research into certain topics to back his claims. As i said, im still not sure about him, i haven't seen no proof which debunks him or proves he is speak the truth. Im waiting to see if the US civil war prediction he made comes true, i can actually see it happen if Bush gets a second term and he decides to start another war.

On the hand,I know nothing about sciences but his time machine looks pretty basic to me

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
John Titor made these claims in Nov' 2000, just as Dubya had got into office. Now if he was well versed in all things political, it would not be to difficult to make assumptions/prophecies based on his extensive knowledge. I'm sure there are plenty of political pundits, in the know, who could have made similar claims about the present global situation.

My delemma on this particular conspiracy is that I would like it to be as much true as false. The prospect of time travel being discovered is far fetched but is something I would like to see, but at the cost of 3 billion lives......??

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
For a time machine to work, doesn't it have to have the power of all the worlds nuclear arsenal?? after seeing the pictures of John Titor machine, somehow i don't think that machine has the power

that's his machine right there

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I'd agree, seeing as I know nothing about singularities and the like, that device could have been made on Blue Peter for all I know.

But John Titor takes care of that to some degree, by saying that sometimes the simplist of things are staring you right in the face. Basically saying that we have had the answer all along, we're just making things all to complex for ourselves.

Another favourite conspiracy of mine is the USS Eldridge (The Philepelphia Experiment and Project Pheonix). Although not infamous, I have learned a great deal more since becoming a member of this site. There is no claim to the use of singularities in this case. They instead generate powerful magnetic fields which have effects which are beyond the laymen's understanding.

Magnetism seems to be key to a great many conspiracies, Anti-Gravity, Time Travel and Invisibility, to name but a few.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by Koka]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I bet this post will be left unread by most. Hasn't nice pictures with it or even bold letters. Anway I will proof John Titor wrong by simple facts I saw never taken care of.

Let's look back into the 20th century and in the beginning years of our 21st century. We had a full range of movies, magazines and many more picturing our future.
What do they have all in common? They weren't exact at all, not even a little bit. Ever watched Sci-Fi claiming the year 1990 but produced in the 60s, 70s or even 80s? Completly strange what they considered to be realistic for 1990.

How does affect John Titor?

Looking at his pictures, illustrations and manuals we see some strange fancy stuff. We all look...does it look like real? Could it be a real manual?
Does the machine look like it could actually do something like enabling time travelling?

Looks quite convincing.
And that's the proof it is faked from somebody used to technical illustration, living nowadays and not from the future.

Why?
Design, "they way it looks", "they way you do it", call it however you like. This has been changed every year since humans learned how to make fire. Movies from the past see computers as big monsters with lots of lights and buttons to press on, without display or even a mouse!
Titor's pictures and illustrations in connection with his statement he is from 2036 completly deny the principles to evolution in the fields of design, society, technics and many other.

It's impossible that an object from 2036 looks like that. Simple as that.

His story is nice, it's convincing in several aspects but not only the photo/illustration issue proofs him wrong. Also the fact that 35 years of advancement won't leave language and social behaviour untouched. That he doesn't appear as strange freak is the 2nd proof.
A pitty most people will just love to read the sensational posts instead of those who proof him wrong by logic.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Shoo, the "Evidence" you give us are merely cirumstantial.

If I were a believer of John Titor's story, your evidence is hardly convincing to debunk.

He doesn't claim to come from the year 3000, 2500 or 2100, the World has had it's third war and 3 Billion people are dead, how much research and development took place whilst 3 billion people bit the bullet, the US lost 120 million alone.

I think you need to read the whole thing, and stop watching "Outer Limits".

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Oh yea, insult without reason

It's hard evidence for anybody who eats information like most of the visitors here. It is a given fact that design changes constantly and never equals another design that was existent before.
I agree that most of the thoughts I apply require a broad range of knowledge in all kind of fields but what I told you, every history and design student will understand as well and see John Titor as debunked.
The way we do it, it changes every second. It looks the same like before, it's fake. So easy but so hard to understand for most.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoo

Let's look back into the 20th century and in the beginning years of our 21st century. We had a full range of movies, magazines and many more picturing our future.
What do they have all in common? They weren't exact at all, not even a little bit. Ever watched Sci-Fi claiming the year 1990 but produced in the 60s, 70s or even 80s? Completly strange what they considered to be realistic for 1990.

Well on that I will have to disagree, there are movies and TV shows that show things that we have now, that look like the things we have now. The shining example is the communicators from the Star trek series, the one in the 60's(Jim Kirk). They look a lot like the Nokia cell phones. There are a lot more. How about the Popular Science mag, they had a lot of stuff that looks like what we have now. as far as the machine itself; I was in the military, the equipment they use is not fancy, it is basic as it can be and ruggad. Made to go anywhere in anykind of conditions.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That's because the mobile phone designers oriented at those communicators. But a military object that's designed in 2036 with the design principles of 2001? Military isn't about retro.

Especially - a blue print from 2036 that is printed with ink? Okay, now the "There was a 3rd world war you fool" people will come up but hey, a 3rd world war and all that survives is printers with late 80's quality?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Shoo, I understand your point but believe it is of little relevance, in relation to the whole John Titor Conspiracy (JTC), it's design fits in very well.

How exactly do you believe metal military boxes have developed over the 30 years that JT talks about?

What do you believe has happened to printing in that same 30 years?

Why, presently, do we still read books and newspapers when we have the internet and wireless palm systems that can access both books and news on the move?

I can neither prove nor disprove the JTC, and have yet to come across anyone that can.

Anyway, the initial quesiton was, are there any other Conspiracies on the same scale, that I may not have heard of?

...and who called you a fool?

top topics

join