It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US officials: Korea warship attack an 'act of war'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

US officials: Korea warship attack an 'act of war'

www.google.com

U.S. officials on Thursday said they still weren't sure what motivated an attack on a South Korean warship that was blamed on North Korea or who might succeed leader Kim Jong Il, calling Pyongyang a "black box" that U.S. intelligence has failed to crack.

Testifying before the Senate Armed Services Committee, senior officials from the Defense and State departments said the attack was an "act of war" that may have been Pyongyang's attempt to goad the U.S. into making concessions in future...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So this article is confusing the hell out of me. One part of my mind tells me this is just a slanted article to get hits. The other part tells me the officials really meant this is an act of war on behalf of the US. The latter I'm not leaning towards so much.

So then the article gets even more confusing as you read into it, and seems even more slanted. That or it's just horribly written. Seems fairly obvious to me that it is quite slanted, but I thought I would post it and see what the community thought.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 16-9-2010 by sliceNodice because: can't type for jack

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a little late guys. Way to play down a situation. Its slightly shady that it took this long. Were they just gonna wait and see?

eta:

The lack of insight into North Korea's motivations, six months after it allegedly torpedoed a South Korean warship and killed 46 sailors, underscores the difficulty facing the U.S. in trying to rein in the communist regime.

from the article you posted. they are saying North shot South.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Myendica because: quote

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Kimmy is ready to pass away. China approved the new leader and things will transition, probably, within 1 year.
US/SK doesn't want to risk the loss of millions of lives, when Kim is ready to die any day now.

It's best to see what tricks the "new leader" will pull... before the trigger.

new topics

top topics

join