It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message from above? Dove shaped cloud forms on eve of Pope's visit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

i love your sarcasm..lol...but i think it might be lost on the people that need it the most...keep it up though, you're expressing my sentiments exactly.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo
I find it amazing that this is actually in a credible newspaper.

i find it amazing that you call the daily mail "a credible newspaper"!!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernSON
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Why don't you take some food to the poor. We are all capable of helping people. Nobody does though, they just talk about it.

I dont claim to be an all powerful God capable of creating a universe in a few days with a day off to rest. I am just a meer mortal.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

God doesn't intervene to help a nation unless they ask him too. First of all, you have to have faith and believe in order to ask. And many times nations are in trouble because of something they might have done to affend God. Like you know, worship other Gods.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Re: Prophecywatcher

You wrote:

"God doesn't intervene to help a nation unless they ask him too. First of all, you have to have faith and believe in order to ask. And many times nations are in trouble because of something they might have done to affend God. Like you know, worship other Gods."

Can this wisdom of yours be applied to smaller groups or individuals also, or is it just valid on nation-level?
And in that case....why?

I can understand, that it could be difficult even for an omnipotent 'god' to sort out problems of a whole nation in a way fitting for divine everlovingness (fire, brimstone and floods on the other hand seem to be popular methods).

But to help that individual or two, who are well-instructed in the art of grovelling and are too scared out of their minds to have other gods, is that too much to ask?

There must be something about this in your Holy Manual.

edit on 17-9-2010 by bogomil because: Just changed my mind

edit on 17-9-2010 by bogomil because: Even more so

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

That sounds similar to the Christian faith. Of course this a coincidence lol.
www.thedevineevidence.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
If the Pope is a direct representative of God then I think all of His believers must be following the wrong one.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join