It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Cave Paintings from 32,000 - 9,000 BC!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Wow!! Just found this thread, I now have tabs open all over the place and many more markers on google earth!

Great thread

The points people made about the animals that were missing interested me, no rabbits (very easy meat) no birds, no insects, no fish and oddly no dogs?

Im tending to shy away from the hunted animals aspect and leaning towards some sort of horse and bull worship. Horses and cattle would of been very important to people just starting to farm and leave a nomadic lifestyle.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

I also doubted if this was up ATS's alley.

I doubt it too. Hard to pin cave art on HAARP or alien technology.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
not sure how reliable this is but there is an image of a dog depicted here Indian cave art

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/db23d5bcaedd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Finally got around to watching Cave of Forgotten Dreams - by Werner Herzog, about the Chauvet Caves in France.
Just beautiful and fascinating.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
reply to post by kiwifoot

Top Job Kiwifoot,The paintings in Lascaux are awesome.
That second pic in your OP,of the horse type creature,are those arrows /spears near the front legs and stomach?
Looks like it to me,or are they plants whipped into the air as the horse runs-depicting motion!!! ?

And that fork like structure above the horses neck/head-is that a fork for catching horses-or an isometric representation of a stilt house?

I thought it looked a bit like a rectangular box house,with an attempt at perspective-see how the "stilts" are arranged....

Not sure-very interesting stuff.

The fork is clearly stone henge and thats where the pregnant horse goes or comes from.

Disregard

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: disregard

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
reply to post by kiwifoot

Top Job Kiwifoot,The paintings in Lascaux are awesome.
That second pic in your OP,of the horse type creature,are those arrows /spears near the front legs and stomach?
Looks like it to me,or are they plants whipped into the air as the horse runs-depicting motion!!! ?

And that fork like structure above the horses neck/head-is that a fork for catching horses-or an isometric representation of a stilt house?

I thought it looked a bit like a rectangular box house,with an attempt at perspective-see how the "stilts" are arranged....

Not sure-very interesting stuff.

The fork is clearly stone henge and thats where the pregnant horse goes or comes from.

Disregard

Except that the horse painting predates stone henge by about 10 thousand years.
There are similar stone formations around the world though and I'm sure many didn't survive too.
edit on 13-8-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UmbraSumus

Originally posted by kiwifoot

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/829dd17903bc.png[/atsimg]

Altamira Bison .

Was this bison image found in the caves? I don't see it on the wider wall images.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Versa

Looks like a bad dog.. had to hit him with a tazer. LoL

edit on 15-9-2015 by Lojack because: Typos

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join