It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skateboarder Stops Extremist From Burning The Qur'an

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
September 11, 2010.
Amarillo Texas
Local skateboarder jacob isom stopped the burning of a Qur'an in a school park..
heres the story
www.youtube.com...

I love hearing stories about normal people taking a stand for what is right.
hes a local hero.

edit on 16-9-2010 by NeoAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
OP, here is your video embedded.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
why thank you

sorry im not very good at working ATS haha.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
So the skateboarder stold the mans koran........isn't that petty theft? I'd be surprised if the da presses charges or even if he gets a citation.......I guess political correctness triumphs again.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
So the skateboarder stold the mans koran........isn't that petty theft? I'd be surprised if the da presses charges or even if he gets a citation.......I guess political correctness triumphs again.

he probably wont get in trouble.. even if it is theft, these christians burning korans are the same as muslims burning the bible, but if you stand up and take someones bible they are burning in a muslim country, you would probably be hanged.. so why resort to that retaliation, if someone is trying to stop spreading hate.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

i wish there was an anti star. P.S. this demonstration looks like a good place to go pretend to care about this stuff in order to pick up hot easy hippy girls. yeah, i hate fur too, what yo name is?

edit on 16-9-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2weird2live2rare2die
reply to post by adifferentbreed

i wish there was an anti star. P.S. this demonstration looks like a good place to go pretend to care about this stuff in order to pick up hot easy hippy girls. yeah, i hate fur too, what yo name is?

edit on 16-9-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die because: (no reason given)

Anti star huh?

So would you be for someone running up to a muslim and taking his quran and running off with it?

Hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

i think it is a lot more sensible then burning one in the first place. theft happens every day and isn't such a big deal, but burning the koran sends out a negative message that i as an american do not want to be associated with. using your logic taking a baby away from a crazed mother who is trying to light it on fire would be kidnapping, and i would be a criminal for saving the child. is this not the same?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

first off a quaran is not a child, second, if the man wanted to burn a book he purchased let it be. I'm not one for spreading hate but after all its just paper, the man has the right to do what he wants with his own property, and comparing the book to a child is a little extreme

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by clever024

this is just a difficult subject, because people have a right to burn these books but at the same time they are doing it in protest of something muslims also have a right to do. it's kind of a tricky situation but all of this uproar over someone building a mosque is retarded. people must not have a lot going on to get so concerned over things this stupid. there are thousands of mosques all over the us and i'm sure a lot of them in new york city, who cares life goes on. bin laden didn't knock down the towers anyway, it was our very own government. you should get in an uproar over that, something that actually matters. way to be distracted, just the way you are supposed to be. upset over petty nonsensical issues while real ones loom unseen right in your face.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If I had a video camera I would buy a Qur'an and burn it while being filmed. Then I would post it on YouTube for the world to see.

I am sick and tired of everyone bowing down to the Muslim community so as not to hurt their feelings. They burn, shred and urinate on the bible and nobody says anything. But if a person says they are going to burn their holy book they threaten bodily harm and we cower in their presence.

I am not a religous person, but I cannot stand the way we are walking on egg shells around this group of people.

It was his book that he bought with his money. He should be able to do with it what he wants. Who are we to say a man in the United States of America can't do something with his property that isn't illegal?

The skateboarder stole the mans property and we are making the man out to be the villian and the theif into the hero. That is truly pathetic.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
let them build their mosque, i want to know what happened to "america" it makes me sick the way that our own government spreads lies like mayonnaise on bread.
burning the koran is hate
if you say it isnt hate and its "freedom of expression"
then how about i burn a book of your faith in front of your face, just because ive been brainwashed to hate you.

thing is i wont, and thats not the case.
there will never be peace between the religions, but why proceed with trying to start problems?
get real people.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
If I had a video camera I would buy a Qur'an and burn it while being filmed. Then I would post it on YouTube for the world to see.

I am sick and tired of everyone bowing down to the Muslim community so as not to hurt their feelings. They burn, shred and urinate on the bible and nobody says anything. But if a person says they are going to burn their holy book they threaten bodily harm and we cower in their presence.

I am not a religous person, but I cannot stand the way we are walking on egg shells around this group of people.

It was his book that he bought with his money. He should be able to do with it what he wants. Who are we to say a man in the United States of America can't do something with his property that isn't illegal?

The skateboarder stole the mans property and we are making the man out to be the villian and the theif into the hero. That is truly pathetic.

we make him out to be a hero because we dont want our city infested with the problems that other cities in america have.. that is why. he is trying to stop the spreading of hate between religious peoples and sects.
we arent walking on egg shells around them.
thats a pathetic mindset thinking we bow down to them..
they may do whatever they like to the bible.
i am not religious myself, but why get all riled up over it?
make the muslims look stupid, dont get on their level by doing the exact same thing they do to you..

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I've no problem with this at all. It's a free country and you are free to do this. But be aware that other people are also free to dislike your actions if you were to do so.

Would you please provide links to Americans cowering to threatening Muslims? I have not seen this happen.

Seeking equity in behavior is not "walking on egg shells". You are buying into the media misrepresentation of the facts. If you were to look at things from the perspective of an American Muslim I think you'd soon realize that, at present, they have much more to fear from us than we do from them.

"We" had nothing to do with this. It was an individual who made a choice, on his own, for his own reasons. There is no political conspiracy in the actions of one person or a small group of people. This also applies to the vitriol that surrounds 9/11. A handful of Arab terrorists are not representative of an entire religion

I don't see any vilification or hero enshrinement here. I see a simple story of two guys who disagreed.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoAstra

Muslim countries have burned the bible for many many years.

People in the USA have burned the bible for many many years.

The differance is that nobody really cares if the bible is being burned and it doesn't gather hardly any recognition.

Google Saudi Arabia shredding bibles and you can read for yourself. One paticular story that caught my attention was a nuns bible being shredded.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoAstra

So theft and denying somene their first amendment rights are o.k. with you? Hmmmm, very telling. Tell me then, who exactly is covered by the same rights you are celebrating this man of denied of? Personally I think stooping to the muslims level is a stupid hing to do as well, but, where are you on the whole 1st amendment thing, only for those you agree with, or when it's difficult, but still the right thing to do?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Walking on eggshells.

A woman is now in FBI protective custody because she wanted a draw Mohammad day. She is in fear of her life and now resort to giving up her identity.

A preacher wanted to burn a bon fire fueled with Qur'ans and was effectively stopped by mounting pressure from people that included the President of the United States. He even had to resort to carrying a side arm for protection.

Even you told me that you said I had the right to burn the book on YouTube but to beware of those who won't like it. (paraphrasing)

I can name more instances where we go out of our way to not insult the Muslim community in the slightest if you wish.

As for the rest of your post, if it was a piece of paper it would be in the garbage by now.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This isn't an issue at all for the law. Obviously it's illegal. But it was the right thing to do. I wouldn't mind if he got arrested, but I'm still glad that he did what he did.

The law is the ultimate broad-brush - individual circumstances may influence and lead one to step outside the law to do what one feels/knows is right, regardless of the consequences. That's what this is about. Doing the right thing, consequences be damned.

edit on 16-9-2010 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Sorry we have petty theft, and then the biggie..........denial of someones constitutional rights........I'd say law enforcement has a place in this and suffered an epic fail.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Hefficide

Walking on eggshells.

A woman is now in FBI protective custody because she wanted a draw Mohammad day. She is in fear of her life and now resort to giving up her identity.

An unfortunate circumstance to be sure. But this is not a common situation at all. Getting oneself targeted by al-Qaeda is not something that the average citizen has to be concerned with.

A preacher wanted to burn a bon fire fueled with Qur'ans and was effectively stopped by mounting pressure from people that included the President of the United States. He even had to resort to carrying a side arm for protection.

How exactly is being asked not to do something add up to "being stopped"? The man chose not to.

Even you told me that you said I had the right to burn the book on YouTube but to beware of those who won't like it. (paraphrasing)

What I said was that you had to do so being aware that others might not like what you did. Twisting into some sort of implied threat is your own creation.

I can name more instances where we go out of our way to not insult the Muslim community in the slightest if you wish.

I'm sure you can. But the reality is that you can do so regarding any race/religion/sect/special interest. That is the nature of our culture - we try to find the best median to serve the whole, and not just facets of the whole.

As for the rest of your post, if it was a piece of paper it would be in the garbage by now.

That's the beauty of opinions, they are much easier to state and stand behind than cohesive arguments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join