It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

page: 92
<< 89  90  91    93  94 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

You ask if the man 'suspected of her wanting a baby'??

Doesn't matter. They are engaging in sex, obvioulsy unprotected. If he now has the right to CHANGE HIS MIND just a us women do, then he should be able to.

I say this law should be passed, or else overturn Roe v Wade.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

What can't he prove in court?

Ok, I took this argument on for a class assignment last Spring in my US Congress Honors class. We had to write legislation and get at least 3 of them to pass, and this was one of mine that got passed.

In my legislation, and I suppose would be the case in real life, if Men were to obtain this new Right, they would sign a document that states they have been identified as the father to a baby from the woman, and they are officially opting out.

And just as women do not need the man's permission to opt out, these men would not require the woman's permission for them to opt out.

If the woman did not want to get pregnant but was irresponsible by not ensuring her partner wore a condom and that she took preventative measures, then she is accountable.

If a man did not want to father a child and didn't take precautions to prevent that from happening (e.g. wear a condom each and every time) and didn't ensure that the woman was also taking precautions, then he is accountable.

I think this case does not go to the heart of the problem, that being lack of responsibility on both parties to ensure a pregnancy will not happen. Since this man is putting this case forth, the onus was on his behaviour and actions to ensure a pregnancy would not happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Since this man is putting this case forth.

Of course it is the man, it will always be the men who will put forth the case, why? cause women have a choice, abortion or morning after pill. They don't need to put forth a case, they have 100% decision, a 100% unobjectionable decision.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Actually no.

This activist group is seeking the right for men to have control over their reproductive system just as the woman does.

They should have the right to opt out just as women do, or Roe v Wade should be overurned.

Do you not agree that only women have the right to opt out of parenthood?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Since this man is putting this case forth.

Of course it is the man, it will always be the men who will put forth the case, why? cause women have a choice, abortion or morning after pill. They don't need to put forth a case, they have 100% decision, a 100% unobjectionable decision.

He wouldn't have to put a 'opt out of fatherhood' case forward if he had acted responsibly in the first place.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Actually no.

This activist group is seeking the right for men to have control over their reproductive system just as the woman does.

They should have the right to opt out just as women do, or Roe v Wade should be overurned.

Men opt out by utilizing protection.

I am a man. I bristle at the notion that another man would seek to not take responsibility for his child. There is no way around it.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Actually no.

I am a man. I bristle at the notion that another man would seek to not take responsibility for his child. There is no way around it.

My point exactly. If men want control over their reproductive system then they know what options they have to utilize to make that happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I am not encouraging anyone, men or women, to opt out of parenthood.

The premise of this argument is that WHILE WOMEN ENJOY CONTROL OVER THEIR REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM, ALLOW MEN THIS SAME RIGHT.

So the point is to share in the right of opting out, or overturn Roe v Wade.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

Actually no.

My point exactly. If men want control over their reproductive system then they know what options they have to utilize to make that happen.

Agreed.

Thus, Roe v Wade should be overturned. No abortion, no morning after pill, no adoption.

Agree?
edit on 7-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

The premise of this argument is that WHILE WOMEN ENJOY CONTROL OVER THEIR REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM, ALLOW MEN THIS SAME RIGHT.

We know what the point is, what you are missing is the plantiff's right to even ask for control when it is obvious that he did not take control in the first place (being irresponsible) by using all precautions available to him to prevent an unwanted pregnancy.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

We know what the point is, what you are missing is the plantiff's right to even ask for control when it is obvious that he did not take control in the first place (being irresponsible) by using all precautions available to him to prevent an unwanted pregnancy.

Ok. So the man is requesting contol over his reproductive system...hmmm... like women have? What is wrong with that?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Ok. So the man is requesting contol over his reproductive system...hmmm... like women have? What is wrong with that?

Here's a quote from the Men's activist site:

"When it comes to unwanted, unborn children, men have responsibilities without rights. A man's life can be held hostage to an unplanned pregnancy, but his female partner will have complete control over her reproductive life and future. He can't force motherhood on her but she can certainly force fatherhood on him, even if she has defrauded him about contraception. Only women have the extraordinary freedom to enjoy sexual intimacy free from the fear of forced parenthood. This is an incredible power, taken for granted by most women and denied, by law, to all men."

A woman cannot force fatherhood on a man if he is taking proper precautions ... if he is being responsible . If he is in doubt of her, then abstain - this is the best way to prevent fatherhood.

www.nationalcenterformen.org...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

That right is given at the drug store, where you buy a condom.

My only view in favor of that argument is that women should not be allowed to have an abortion if the father wishes otherwise.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

That right is given at the drug store, where you buy a condom.

My only view in favor of that argument is that women should not be allowed to have an abortion if the father wishes otherwise.

I totally agree, but then the man should have sole custody and care of the child and the woman no rights at all, as well as not being expected to finance the child's needs.
edit on 7-8-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

Then again, would a would-be father really want his unborn child to remain in that woman's womb if she didn't want to be pregnant? I would say no, she could do much harm to the fetus. There are no easy answers here. Maybe one day in the future when technology allows the removal of said fetus into a testtube for safety reasons.
edit on 7-8-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Lets say the father wants her to have the abortion- you feel that women should still be allowed to have the abortion, right?

This means that the woman has a legal right to OPT OUT of parenthood. She can do so without the man's permission. She can adopt the baby out to another family, with or without the man's permission.

The Men's Rights Activist Group simply wants to be given that same right. Otherwise, the law for legalized abortion is unfair, true?

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Thank you. You are proving my point tho.

Since women enjoy this right, why can't men? No, the woman is not forcing him into parenthood. He has just decided that he does not want to be a father at the moment.

Just like women are able to do when they make their appointments for abortions or adoption.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Lets say the father wants her to have the abortion- you feel that women should still be allowed to have the abortion, right?

What terrible things a person does to themselves is not something I have an opinion on (outside of simple judgement and possible derision).

This means that the woman has a legal right to OPT OUT of parenthood. She can do so without the man's permission. She can adopt the baby out to another family, with or without the man's permission.

They do have that ability. It is unfortunate that they can do so unilaterally. You don't correct one injustice by making another, though.

The Men's Rights Activist Group simply wants to be given that same right. Otherwise, the law for legalized abortion is unfair, true?

The world is not fair. A woman having the right to abort without fathers consent is an injustice. You don't correct that injustice by allowing another. Injustice isn't a contest.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Thank you. You are proving my point tho.

Since women enjoy this right, why can't men? No, the woman is not forcing him into parenthood. He has just decided that he does not want to be a father at the moment.

Just like women are able to do when they make their appointments for abortions or adoption.

I'm not proving your point, my point is and always be 'it takes two to get pregnant', so the man is also accountable for this pregnancy.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I think we see this similarly. Understand that I am not advocating the abandonment of children. I am, however, advocating the equal rights of your own reproductive system. As long as Roe v Wade gives women the right to opt out of parenthood, it should be extended to men as well.

Otherwise, NEITHER men nor women should engage in reproductive activities if they cannot the consequences of failed contraceptives.

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
They have a form of sexual intercourse that doesn't lead to pregnacy it's called Birth Control, a condom or not having sex in the 1st place if you cannot hanle the possible outcomes.

What is wrong with everyone, have you drank the looney juice? OWN UP TO YOUR ACTIONS.

WE LIVE IN THIS NAMBY PAMBY WORLD OF THOSE WHO CAN'T OWN UP TO THEIR OWN ACTIONS.
BUT THEY FEEL THEY ARE ENTITLED TO THINGS, LIKE NO BABIES FROM SEX, WHO ARE YOU AND WHERE DID THE REAL HUMANITY GO?

If you make a child and don't own up to being that child's guardian ( in all literal terms of the word ( a protector ) thruout that child's life, you are more low and horrible as congress, elites, the rich who just spend on themselves.

You are a burden on this earth and to humanity. Get your penis removed to be truly helpful.

If you cannot own up to your actions you might as well stop living.
edit on 7-8-2013 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 89  90  91    93  94 >>

join