It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men's-rights activists seek right to decline fatherhood in event of unplanned pregnancy

page: 83
<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

Actually, it WAS the case.....my bet is I'm a whole lot older than you and been around alot longer

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Today's women DO in fact work ALOT harder than men AND for more years.

Yeah right,back that up thanks.

I've been in fulltime employment for 36 years out of 37 years and no plans of retiring any time soon. My bet is half of the men on this thread could'nt match that and all the while bring up afew kids alone (one with a moderate disability) with little or no child support....do ya all hear me whine about that? NO siree!!!

Seeing no one asked you? then yes we just heard you whine aboat it,YES siree!!

Funny you assume to know the men on this thread,when in fact you have no idea.

You don't want to take responsibility for your own kid?...forget your pension, better still, go get that vasectomy!!! Now go cry baby somewhere else where someone cares....on this thread I have no compassion nor sympathy for idiots! You don't like it? Tough luck!

You have no authority to tell anyone what to do,so you can stop acting as though your the be all and end all.

No man has been whinning on this thread,they are however sick of being taken to the cleaners by the Gov, court system and certain women,which leaves them in a position in most cases to have little to no say in their childrens lives and are left used by the mother and Gov as nothing more than an open wallet.

link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

No you targeted me, I can not speak for anyone else but that is how I took it, plain and simple.. I am speaking out about this issue. You have stated that anyone who is speaking out about this issue is whining, did you not?

I didn't come here to understand the issue. I came here to debate the issue, and hopefully educate people to get things changed. I understood the issue when I researched the issue all sides of it.

I also did not come here in search of someone to "heal my wounds", that is something for me to do, with the support of my wife and kids, and even if I didn't have them myself only.

And whether or not a person has a child does not mean they are not affected by it, what about friends or family suffering because of this?
edit on 29-10-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2010 by mayertuck because: spelling

link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Shouldn't the minor have known that by having sex he was releasing his "seed" and forgoing all his rights to becoming an adult child free? Now let's assume I was being serious: should an underage girl be more responsible keeping her legs closed lest she wants to lose her freedom to become an adult child free?

WOW! It doesn't quite sound the same when you reverse the genders. Even when both cases constitute a crime against the law. Who woulda thought!

I have no idea what you're talking about. Do you agree that a boy who is raped by an adult woman should be forced to pay child support for 20 years under threat of jail?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

grow up, has nothing to do with power and control...it's all about I help you, you help yourself in my household. No one complains here, they just get on with it.

Most illnesses are indeed the flu or a bad cold....what they are forced to drink every 3 hours for 24 hours kinda fixes it, an old army trick I learned in the 1960s.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Actually, it WAS the case.....my bet is I'm a whole lot older than you and been around alot longer

Apparently you can't read graphs.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I don't know where you get your statistics from?

Breast and ovary cancer have NEVER been the number one killers.

The list, by order of deaths, is:
Lung
Colon
Breast
Prostate

Um, ovaries weren't on the list?

And until recently cancer (all cancer's total) where the number 2 killer. Also, the research suggests that the reason cancer is number one is because fewer people ar dying to heart diseases more so than an increase in cancer. In fact, many numbers suggest that cancers have started to taper off and we may see declines in rates soon

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Peck already answered for ya lol.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

A majority of women between 35 and 50 ARE still very much in the work force FULLTIME!!! I do in fact enjoy my work and I have no intentions of retiring anytime soon because of it.

You got a problem with the family court system? Probably it's because of attitude and that big chip on your shoulder. Taken to the cleaners? Rubbish. All too often I hear women took my house bla blah blah when in fact THAT house is'nt owned by you but rather your bank or landlord. Secondly, if you had the deeds in your possession (meaning you owned it outright), you'd rather see your kids homeless so you could have economic control over your ex rather than do what's in the best interests of your kids? Both men and women get cleaned out after a divorce, partually due to lawyer's fees. Perhaps better luck next time?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

In MY country it IS the biggest killer among women....HELLO !!!

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

what graphs? I don't have time to read all these threads when I have better things to do with my life

HELLO

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Give me at least TWO sources where a woman raped a boy and fell pregnant to him.....my bet is 99.9% of rapes where women fell pregnant in fact were perpetrated by male rapists!!! Right?

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Estimated Average Weekly Hours Worked, by Race and Gender, 1940-1988

Year White Men Black Men White Women Black Women

1940 44.1 44.5 40.6 42.2
1950 43.4 42.8 41.0 40.3
1960 43.3 40.4 36.8 34.7
1970 43.1 40.2 36.1 35.9
1980 42.9 39.6 35.9 36.5
1988 42.4 39.6 35.5 37.2

Source

I'm trying to see the time when women worked more hours than men?

Here is the source for Canada's disparity where, currently, men work on average 6.3 more hours per week than women.

Canada work statistics

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

1. www.dispatch.com...

In the case of County of San Luis Obispo v. Nathaniel J., 57 Cal. Rptr. 2d 843 (Ct. App. 1996), a thirty-four-year-old woman had sex with a fifteen-year-old boy and became pregnant. The woman was convicted of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor -- commonly called statutory rape.

She decided to have the child, and after she gave birth to her daughter, she received Aid for Families with Dependent Children -- and the county sought reimbursement for the AFDC payments from the father, the 15-year-old boy.

The court held that the boy, a statutory rape victim, was financially liable for the child that resulted from his victimization.

This case is not alone--"Two state supreme courts and several state appellate courts have ruled that male statutory rape victims can be financially liable for supporting a child resulting from their criminal victimization." Source: R. Jones, ARTICLE: INEQUALITY FROM GENDER-NEUTRAL LAWS: WHY MUST MALE VICTIMS OF STATUTORY RAPE PAY CHILD SUPPORT FOR CHILDREN RESULTING FROM THEIR VICTIMIZATION? 36 Ga. L. Rev. 411 (2002).

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I`ll quote you again insaying.......

Today's women DO in fact work ALOT harder than men AND for more years.

In reply you give this......

A majority of women between 35 and 50 ARE still very much in the work force FULLTIME!!! I do in fact enjoy my work and I have no intentions of retiring anytime soon because of it.

yeah I could tell it was just YOUR!!!! opinion.

Probably it's because of attitude and that big chip on your shoulder.

Anymore issults that you can think of? one day you may get lucky from shooting in the dark and actually hit a target.Well probably

Taken to the cleaners? Rubbish. All too often I hear women took my house bla blah blah when in fact THAT house is'nt owned by you but rather your bank or landlord. Secondly, if you had the deeds in your possession (meaning you owned it outright), you'd rather see your kids homeless so you could have economic control over your ex rather than do what's in the best interests of your kids?

My house,why does the mother by default get the assests and the children,most men want their children and will look after them themselves,without wanting or needing child support from the mother.

Do you believe all mothers are the best parent?

Some women born bad mums - study,yet women and society in general have been lead to believe they are,simply for being female.I dont wish to post the many children killed by bad mothers either.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

I have to look in to both cases (only 2 cases compared to the amound of women falling pregnant through rape...ok, I only asked for 2)....

however in the first case, she was 19 and he was 15 (did he lie about his age?). Comparing to today's standard of maturity between a 15 and 19 year old is'nt a whole lot different. It obviously was consentual sex although I'm not condoning this case in any shape or form. Most 19 years olds today still have the maturity of a young teenager and even by my own standards the legal age should increase from 18 to 21. If the gendas changed, I'd say the same. In my view, would'nt use this test case as an example but would look more closely at the other case you give me.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

i can find more if you want. But its not the numbers I care about. I care about whether it happens to ANYONE. If the roles were reversed I wouldn't be making those excuses you are trying to put up for the woman. He was statutorily raped. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Doesn't matter what your personal views on it are, she was convicted in a court of law. Whether the laws need to be changed for age of consent is completely irrelevant at this point and a whole other issue.

Additionally I never said that more men are raped than females, I know the opposite is true, although not as high as you might believe with false accusations, and what not, or men raped by other men.

edit on 29-10-2010 by mayertuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I like to think a majority of fathers do work full time, many shift work. Most fathers want access to their kids when it suits them but don't want their kids fulltime and/or can't due to work commitments.

A majority of mothers are decent law abiding care-givers/guardians of their children and do the right thing by their kids. While more than 50% of non-custodial fathers are deadbeats, either in jail, going to jail, taken off or shot through, self employed and cooks his tax books to avoid taxes and child support, unemployed etc etc.

Before any of you give me more stats, I live in Australia and your stats in USA and Canada mean squat to me however I would be interested in your stats 2009/2010 if you have any....

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mayertuck

You can call it anything you like but in my view there was little difference in age and most likely almost no difference in maturity and obviously was consensual.

You can source me afew cases where you make your point but lets be frank.....its extremely rare compared to the shocking stats if we turned the tables.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

A majority of mothers are decent law abiding care-givers/guardians of their children and do the right thing by their kids. While more than 50% of non-custodial fathers are deadbeats, either in jail, going to jail, taken off or shot through, self employed and cooks his tax books to avoid taxes and child support, unemployed etc etc.

Before any of you give me more stats, I live in Australia and your stats in USA and Canada mean squat to me however I would be interested in your stats 2009/2010 if you have any....

In the United States non-custodial Mothers are much more likely never to pay any child support than non-custodial Fathers are.

top topics

<< 80  81  82    84  85  86 >>

join